Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images

Transformers News: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images

Monday, June 25th, 2012 10:30AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 33,559

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy of the Cybergundam blog we have a couple of new scans featuring MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert. Nothing new really, but can you ever have enough Masterpiece images? The scans also include the Amazon Japan exclusives for MP-12 Lambor and MP-13 Soundwave, chrome pile drivers and clear energon cubes respectively.

Image

Image
Credit(s): daimchoc, Cybergundam blog
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images (1393798)
Posted by mattwhite924 on June 25th, 2012 @ 11:05am CDT
I can't wait to see color images of Red Alert. The paint jobs of Sideswipe and Soundwave look fantastic, so I expect Red Alert to look great too.
Re: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images (1393806)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 25th, 2012 @ 11:22am CDT
It's insane how they managed to give the car an interior. 8-}

I quite like the chrome pile drivers, the more I look at them. I'll go check RK.
Re: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images (1393822)
Posted by Rated X on June 25th, 2012 @ 11:54am CDT
Starting to look real good. Ive been trying to stay away from the MP line. But these are very tempting. Especially Soundwave. And I forsee a Sunstreaker coming too since the twins are never seperated. Plus the Sunstreaker version of the Countach wouldnt require licensing. If we get a red Diaclone repaint of MP Sunstreaker Im buying it.
Re: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images (1393843)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 25th, 2012 @ 12:22pm CDT
Rated X wrote:And I forsee a Sunstreaker coming too since the twins are never seperated.
While I can agree that they might make an MP Sunstreaker, the statement that "the twins are never separated" isn't entirely true.

There's been:

  • Action Master Sideswipe, but no Action Master Sunstreaker[/*:m]
  • G2 Sideswipe, but no G2 Sunstreaker[/*:m]
  • G2 Go-Bot Sideswipe, but no G2 Go-Bots Sunstreaker[/*:m]
  • Collector's Edition Lambor, but no Collector's Edition Sunstreaker[/*:m]
  • TF: Collection Lambor, but no TF: Collection Sunstreaker[/*:m]
  • Smallest Transformers Lambor, but no Smallest Transformers Sunstreaker[/*:m]
  • Commemorative Series Side Swipe, but no Commemorative Series Sunstreaker[/*:m]
  • BotCon 2010 Timelines Sideswipe, but no BotCon 2010 Sunsteaker[/*:m][/list:u]
    Sideswipe's simply had more toys released than Sunstreaker. :-B
Re: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images (1393847)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 25th, 2012 @ 12:36pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:And I forsee a Sunstreaker coming too since the twins are never seperated.
While I can agree that they might make an MP Sunstreaker, the statement that "the twins are never separated" isn't entirely true.

There's been:

  • Action Master Sideswipe, but no Action Master Sunstreaker[/*:m]
  • G2 Sideswipe, but no G2 Sunstreaker[/*:m]
  • G2 Go-Bot Sideswipe, but no G2 Go-Bots Sunstreaker[/*:m]
  • Collector's Edition Lambor, but no Collector's Edition Sunstreaker[/*:m]
  • TF: Collection Lambor, but no TF: Collection Sunstreaker[/*:m]
  • Smallest Transformers Lambor, but no Smallest Transformers Sunstreaker[/*:m]
  • Commemorative Series Side Swipe, but no Commemorative Series Sunstreaker[/*:m]
  • BotCon 2010 Timelines Sideswipe, but no BotCon 2010 Sunsteaker[/*:m][/list:u]
    Sideswipe's simply had more toys released than Sunstreaker. :-B


If we discount the fact G1 Sunstreaker mold is lot or broken, Sideswipe and Sunstreaker only missed eachother on 5 occasions, with G2 Sunstreaker stranded in planning as a repaint of G1 Sideswipe.
Re: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images (1393887)
Posted by Sertile on June 25th, 2012 @ 1:49pm CDT
That comic artwork of Red Alert worries me... I really hope they don't go with those colors. He needs the red head!!
Re: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images (1393901)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 25th, 2012 @ 2:24pm CDT
The thing I wonder about MP soundwave is will he come with all the cassettes, just Laserbeak and the other's will be in a set, Or MP soundwave and MP soundblaster will have their own sets of cassettes, if they do MP soundblaster
Re: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images (1393910)
Posted by craggy on June 25th, 2012 @ 2:35pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:The thing I wonder about MP soundwave is will he come with all the cassettes, just Laserbeak and the other's will be in a set, Or MP soundwave and MP soundblaster will have their own sets of cassettes, if they do MP soundblaster

it's already been said with some degree of certainty, by other people, and accepted by the majority, that MP Soundwave will only come with the one tape, and the others will be a separate MP release. And I'd be quite surprised if they didn't get around to doing an MP Soundblaster at some point. Possibly with an exclusive MP Ratbat, so that everyone has to buy the mold again. Mwuuhahahahaha!
Re: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images (1393912)
Posted by Anonymous. on June 25th, 2012 @ 2:39pm CDT
I really dig Red Alert, might just get him because of his MTMTE presence.
Re: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images (1393953)
Posted by Omega-Supreme on June 25th, 2012 @ 3:48pm CDT
Looking good 8)
Re: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images (1393971)
Posted by typerice on June 25th, 2012 @ 4:08pm CDT
I am really digging Red Alert, but it will be instant buy if he has a working siren with sound / lights.
Re: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images (1393972)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on June 25th, 2012 @ 4:08pm CDT
Oh, those are a load of gorgeous. =P~
Re: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images (1394000)
Posted by Stormrider on June 25th, 2012 @ 4:57pm CDT
Sideswipe's alt mode is a thing of beauty! Can't wait.


Sertile wrote:That comic artwork of Red Alert worries me... I really hope they don't go with those colors. He needs the red head!!


I hope so too.

Rated X wrote:Starting to look real good. Ive been trying to stay away from the MP line. But these are very tempting. Especially Soundwave. And I forsee a Sunstreaker coming too since the twins are never seperated. Plus the Sunstreaker version of the Countach wouldnt require licensing. If we get a red Diaclone repaint of MP Sunstreaker Im buying it.



Just curious, why wouldn't Takara need to require licensing?
Re: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images (1394006)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 25th, 2012 @ 5:05pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:
Rated X wrote:Starting to look real good. Ive been trying to stay away from the MP line. But these are very tempting. Especially Soundwave. And I forsee a Sunstreaker coming too since the twins are never seperated. Plus the Sunstreaker version of the Countach wouldnt require licensing. If we get a red Diaclone repaint of MP Sunstreaker Im buying it.



Just curious, why wouldn't Takara need to require licensing?


I think because Sunstreaker isn't a true Countach LP 500S, but a customised one with an exposed engine and larger spoiler.
Re: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images (1394034)
Posted by Stormrider on June 25th, 2012 @ 6:33pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Stormrider wrote:
Rated X wrote:Starting to look real good. Ive been trying to stay away from the MP line. But these are very tempting. Especially Soundwave. And I forsee a Sunstreaker coming too since the twins are never seperated. Plus the Sunstreaker version of the Countach wouldnt require licensing. If we get a red Diaclone repaint of MP Sunstreaker Im buying it.



Just curious, why wouldn't Takara need to require licensing?


I think because Sunstreaker isn't a true Countach LP 500S, but a customised one with an exposed engine and larger spoiler.


I never knew that. Interesting. Does that affect licensing? If Takara wanted to put the Lamborghini symbol on it, they would still need licensing I believe.
Re: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images (1394036)
Posted by Anonymous on June 25th, 2012 @ 6:35pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:It's insane how they managed to give the car an interior. 8-}
Wait, what?

I'm not seeing it. I'd be amazed if this is true.
Re: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images (1394043)
Posted by TimothyR on June 25th, 2012 @ 6:51pm CDT
christ man... this is going to be an EXPENSIVE time of year!!!!!!

MP Soundwave + MP cassettes
MP Sideswipe
MP Red Alert

Hot Toys Loki
Hot Toys Iron Man Mark VII
and
Hot Toys Joker DX02

man.. i'm glad i just got a raise from $15 an hour to $20! lol.
Re: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images (1394094)
Posted by wewyllenium on June 25th, 2012 @ 9:56pm CDT
Is there really interior for MP SS and RA or just pseudo interior like the one found in MP Rodimus or Classics Rodimus?

I'm worried about the low to the ground clearance of the cars.
Re: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images (1394098)
Posted by TimothyR on June 25th, 2012 @ 10:06pm CDT
mattwhite924 wrote:I can't wait to see color images of Red Alert. The paint jobs of Sideswipe and Soundwave look fantastic, so I expect Red Alert to look great too.


i suspect.. if we get red alert in the US.. he'll most likely have a black bucket, rather than the toon accurate red head (like i'm certain the takara version will have)

that totally sucks. now i'm going to have to go ahead and pick up the takara versions. it's a shame. clearly these figures are meant to be toon accurate not G1 toy accurate. it's amusing.. takara came up with these toys and what not.. and hasbro creates the cartoon.. yet with the MP's takara gives them the US toon accurate schemes, and hasbro mucks everything up and goes for G1 toy accuracy. i'm getting sick of it. why can't we just get the exact same damn thing?

i mean.. hell, even hasbro's MP10 is a little different than takaras. i've preferred every single takara release over the hasbro versions. especially when it comes to both primes, hot rod, and grimlock. it really makes me angry. i just don't understand it.. are they changing it a little in hopes that people who buy the takara versions are going to want to get theirs too? .. or do they change shit just to change it? i suspect they want takara customers to purchase their inferior looking versions.

it'd be nice if they'd just get their heads out of their asses and release the same damn thing at the same damn time.

oh well, rant over. sorry.
Re: Additional MP-12 Lambor, MP-13 Soundwave, & MP-14 Red Alert Images (1394104)
Posted by TimothyR on June 25th, 2012 @ 10:14pm CDT
wewyllenium wrote:Is there really interior for MP SS and RA or just pseudo interior like the one found in MP Rodimus or Classics Rodimus?

I'm worried about the low to the ground clearance of the cars.


i'm sorry. but there isn't an interior for sideswipe or red alert. red alerts prototype figure has clear windows.. and all i see is a bunch of robot parts.

having an interior would be a bonus.. but usually when there's a true interior there tends to be a lot of unwelcomed kibble. i personally don't really care for an interior.

are you worried because you think there will be robot bits scraping the ground? my guess is that everything compacts quite nicely and that there won't be anything hanging down, that's usually how it works with blocky figures such as this one.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Silverbolt Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 39 minutes 15 seconds
LOT OF 4 TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON ACTION FIGURE SET LEADER CLASS MEGATRON DELUXE - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 hours 39 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers Generations COMBINER WARS DELUXE CLASS PROWL IDW 6 INCH  new - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 49 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers G1 JAZZ BROKE ROOF 100% COMP. 1984 - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 14 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers HEROES OF CYBERTRON G1 WINDCHARGER KEYCHAIN MOSC FREE S/H - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 13 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack Brand New - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 48 minutes 56 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2007 MOVIE LOOSE FRENZY with ALL SPARK CUBE RARE - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 4 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Generation Fall of Cybertron TG-27 Trailbreaker Hoist - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 10 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents
Twincast / Podcast #146:
"Happy Accidents"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, June 14th, 2016