Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime

Transformers News: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime

Wednesday, May 30th, 2012 4:04PM CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,153

GameStop and Amazon have revealed their pre-order bonuses for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. GameStop will be offering a G1 Retro Pack featuring G1 Optimus Prime for single and multiplayer mode, along with G1 Megatron Pistol Gun and Shockwave Blast Cannon for use in single player. Amazon will be offering access to G2 Bruticus in single player. See details below:

Update: We have a couple of additional screen shots of GameStop's G1 Retro Optimus Prime courtesy of EGMNow.com, see below:

Amazon Pre-Order
Pre-order Bonus Offer
Pre-order Transformers: Fall of Cybertron and get access to Bruticus (G2) to use in Single Player mode. A code to access the content will be emailed to you within two days of your order shipment. This offer will be extended to all pre-orders. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Please read the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live terms of use.

GameStop Pre-Order
Bonus Item
Transformers G1 Retro Pack
Pre-order Transformers: Fall of Cybertron and receive the Transformers G1 Retro Pack!

Transformers G1 Retro Pack:
G1 Retro Optimus Prime: Play as the leader of the Autobots in his classic original robot and vehicle forms. Available in both Single and Multiplayer Modes.
G1 Retro Megatron Gun: Single Player Mode
G1 Retro Shockwave Cannon: Single Player Mode

Online Customers: Code will be emailed within 2 business days after your order ships.
Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: Code will be printed on your receipt at time of pickup.

Here's a couple of additional images of G1 Retro Optimus Prime courtesy of EGMNow.com:

Credit(s): EGMNow.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime (1385378)
Posted by It Is Him on May 30th, 2012 @ 4:20pm CDT
I got a feeling everyone's going to want to be running around in that [Optimus] skin in a few months.
Re: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime (1385391)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 30th, 2012 @ 4:52pm CDT
Re: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime (1385392)
Posted by dedcat on May 30th, 2012 @ 4:55pm CDT
I'm torn between my love of Op and my absolute abhorrence of gamestop.
Re: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime (1385394)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 30th, 2012 @ 4:59pm CDT
dedcat wrote:I'm torn between my love of Op and my absolute abhorrence of gamestop.

I'm not one for preordering stuff; the only thing I've preordered as of yet is Halo: COmbat Evolved Anniversary. I agree that GameStop can be a little on the expensive side, but when it comes to preorder bonuses, it does not disappoint! :grin:
Re: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime (1385395)
Posted by YoungPrime on May 30th, 2012 @ 5:01pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Now that I've seen in-game screenshots of G1 Optimus, I want him even more! =P~ =P~ =P~

Considering how crappy the FOC Prime looks it's really a no brainer.
Re: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime (1385398)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 30th, 2012 @ 5:06pm CDT
Re: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime (1385400)
Posted by Anonymous. on May 30th, 2012 @ 5:07pm CDT
Skins for single player is lulz. EB Games it is..
Re: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime (1385402)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 30th, 2012 @ 5:09pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Skins for single player is lulz. EB Games it is..

That's what made me go for G1 Optimus. Amazon's gotta do more than a single-player bonus.
Re: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime (1385411)
Posted by Heavy B on May 30th, 2012 @ 5:28pm CDT

It'll most likely be released as dlc a few months, or even weeks later. Just like WFC Shockwave, jazz, and demolisher.

Mindmaster wrote:How much you guys wanna bet that Hasbro's going to do a repaint of the upcoming Bruticus toy into the G2 colors of the game preorder bonus? :-?

Thats what I'm hoping for. Also, I want a purple megatron tank, like the G2 hero mold. Just for the sheer awesomeness.
Re: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime (1385427)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on May 30th, 2012 @ 6:36pm CDT
Bought on Sight!!! I must have that OP skin!!!
Re: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime (1385453)
Posted by peacethroughtyranny on May 30th, 2012 @ 8:04pm CDT
All I hear while looking at prime's pics is "The Touch" song from the G1 movie.
Re: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime (1385461)
Posted by peacethroughtyranny on May 30th, 2012 @ 8:10pm CDT
All I hear while looking at primes pics is "The Touch" song from the G1 moive. :D :D :D :D :D
Re: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime (1385478)
Posted by ricemazter on May 30th, 2012 @ 8:59pm CDT
Re: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime (1385495)
Posted by It Is Him on May 30th, 2012 @ 10:01pm CDT

Stay strong! It'll eventually be mass DLC.
Re: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime (1385496)
Posted by TimothyR on May 30th, 2012 @ 10:02pm CDT
ricemazter wrote:Hmmm, g1 prime is cool and all, but I was kinda hoping for something more...current. Like Prime Prime or WFC Prime or something I don't know. The asthetic works, but its not novel enough. I'll get it though if best buy doesn't offer something better.

i'm not sure you quite understand what the word "novel" means.. but having WFC prime in this game wouldn't be it.

having TF prime Oprimus in the game would be neat. or hell.. it'd be awesome if we could maybe like 6 primes throughout tranformers history, sort of what they did with batman, for that games dlc pack (i think) G1.. trans metal beast wars.. beast machines.. cybertron.. animated.. tf prime.. now that would be awesome.
Re: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime (1385500)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on May 30th, 2012 @ 10:16pm CDT
TimothyR wrote:

Beast wars Primal would be kinda funny to see actually
Re: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime (1385503)
Posted by BeastWarsFTW on May 30th, 2012 @ 10:26pm CDT
MasterSoundBlaster wrote:
TimothyR wrote:

Beast wars Primal would be kinda funny to see actually

Beast Wars trans metal 2 Optimus would be epic to play as. But so would trans metal 2 Megatron...
Re: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime (1385505)
Posted by Gearslide on May 30th, 2012 @ 10:55pm CDT
So when people like every FoC design except for the bulky Optimus Design, what does High Moon do? Give people the option to play as the original (and considered by many to be the greatest) Optimus. Not bad High Moon, not bad.

Fortunately, I like the "Fist with Wheels" design of FoC Optimus. But I want, no, NEED, that Megatron gun.
Re: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime (1385530)
Posted by noctorro on May 31st, 2012 @ 2:19am CDT
I'd buy anything Transformers High Moon dishes out.
I hope they also make a Collector's Edition, just so I can spend more money on it :)

Transformers has such a rich universe of characters and stories, they could go on and make half a dozen more.
Re: Additional Screen Shots of GameStop's Pre-Order Bonus G1 Retro Optimus Prime (1385534)
Posted by Gearslide on May 31st, 2012 @ 2:43am CDT
Wait, I just realized that the Shockwave Cannon is rendered backwards in the picture! The barrel is facing away from us! That spherical joint-looking shape is where the gun attaches to an elbow, and the part facing us is where the tube that leads to Shockwave's back starts.

Ending Soon On eBay

1984 HASBRO G1 TRANSFORMERS INSECTICON KICKBACK COMPLETE IN BOX ~VGC ~L@@K! - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 50 minutes 55 seconds
1984 HASBRO G1 TRANSFORMERS DINOBOT DESERT WARRIOR SNARL IN ORIGINAL BOX ~GUC - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 45 minutes 54 seconds
1984 HASBRO G1 TRANSFORMERS DINOBOT BOMBADIER SWOOP IN ORIGINAL BOX ~VGC ~L@@K! - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 45 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers 6 cgc 9.6 1st appearance Josie Beller Circuit Breaker Marvel 1985 - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 41 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers 11 cgc 9.6 1st appearance of Jetfire 1985 Marvel movie WHITE pgs NM - Time Remaining: 6 days 41 minutes 8 seconds
Vintage Transformers Machine Wars HUBCAP Autobot  RID MINT MOC 1996 Kenner - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 28 minutes 28 seconds
G1 Transformers Astrotrain MIB Complete Sealed Unused Box Vintage - Time Remaining: 6 days 12 hours 24 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers G1 Aerialbots "SUPERION" combiner set *VINTAGE* 1986 - Time Remaining: 6 days 12 hours 5 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents