Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Transformers News: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Monday, November 12th, 2012 9:06AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,652

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Toys"R"Us Japan have posted new prototype images of Takara Tomy's upcoming Super GT figures GT-01 Optimus Prime and GT-02 Star Saber. Each is remold of their previous Alternity Convoy fiigure, and features various racing sponsor logos and a race queen mini figure. These images give us a good look at each figure in both modes, including their remolded weapons. Images mirrored below.

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images
Credit(s): Toys"R"Us Japan
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439352)
Posted by datguy86 on November 12th, 2012 @ 9:31am CST
Neat figures. Part of me hopes the race queens are available separately.
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439355)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on November 12th, 2012 @ 9:49am CST
is it bad that i want toys of the girls more than the TFs? because there molds are wayyyyy over used.
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439371)
Posted by hinomars19 on November 12th, 2012 @ 10:54am CST
Doubledealer93 wrote:is it bad that i want toys of the girls more than the TFs? because there molds are wayyyyy over used.


I don't think it's bad, in fact I'm happy to see there is someone on this site that isn't defeated by a little plastic girl ;) (I wonder how many of our female fandom have been repulsed by 'MP' Spike? :-? )
Still, quips aside, they are going to be the most unique thing in the box. It is such a shame how spammed the alternity molds have been-but-I do appreciate a lot of the work that's gone into retooling and re-molding for these releases, even Prime has a new (or at least tweaked) head, which shows thay are not being THAT lazy. I wanna know if the visors flip down.
I like them, partners and all. I shouldn't be affording them, but I probably will :-$
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439373)
Posted by datguy86 on November 12th, 2012 @ 10:57am CST
Doubledealer93 wrote:is it bad that i want toys of the girls more than the TFs? because there molds are wayyyyy over used.


The molds look solid, but yeah - the Race Queens on their own would definitely be welcome addition to the shelf.

So no, it is not bad. They are adorable.
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439392)
Posted by Manterax Prime on November 12th, 2012 @ 12:13pm CST
Doubledealer93 wrote:is it bad that i want toys of the girls more than the TFs? because there molds are wayyyyy over used.


You're not the only one who wants the girls more. I do as well.

Also, after seeing Prime's head in the new pics, I actually like it. Star Saber's head needs some work though. And his weapon, WTF?
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439394)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on November 12th, 2012 @ 12:16pm CST
Doubledealer93 wrote:is it bad that i want toys of the girls more than the TFs? because there molds are wayyyyy over used.


I want those race queen figs too. It lends a sense of scale to the TF's. Plus, the girls are pretty cute.
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439410)
Posted by RodimalToyota on November 12th, 2012 @ 1:23pm CST
Is it too much to speculate we might be getting vinyl race queens, I mean they sure are pushing those images, even with just prototype images they still want us to see the girls, maybe part of the price increase will be small vinyl race queens?

why would they go through so much effort for just a small art character?
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439414)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 12th, 2012 @ 1:48pm CST
And what sucks for me is the fact that I was ready to preorder Star Saber. Now I cannot on account that the only member (of the two; not mentioning the other) I respect not only ignored everything I said, but made it sound like I wanted it to be a certain scale size. All I said is that this is a collaboration piece, which has them be supplied with what they need... And everything else is what their partner wants. I only used the size as a speculation, and now am forced to fight the fact that I now this as a recycled Alternity line - Not Star Saber with a Nissan-based Super GT racing alt-mode. :BANG_HEAD:

Doubledealer93 wrote:is it bad that i want toys of the girls more than the TFs? because there molds are wayyyyy over used.


It's a new mold. Currently, the transformation sequence appears to be the same, but the mold is completely redone. (Which is why I was speculating that they may have considered re-sizing it as well.) But what is ironic is that Impul does do aftermarket parts for Nissan, and also has some funky looking cars (with one I kinda like). :lol:

But honestly? Seeing how they are not Kiss Players,it is not bad to want the Racing Queen figures more. ;)
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439417)
Posted by Burn on November 12th, 2012 @ 1:52pm CST
Calsonic sure does have some nice ... ahem ... colours ... yes ...
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439418)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 12th, 2012 @ 1:56pm CST
RodimalToyota wrote:Is it too much to speculate we might be getting vinyl race queens, I mean they sure are pushing those images, even with just prototype images they still want us to see the girls, maybe part of the price increase will be small vinyl race queens?

why would they go through so much effort for just a small art character?


^ THIS! :michaelbay:

I am 100% certain that atop of the pricing tied to the content is the case here. Because it makes perfect sense to have the added content (not on the car) be what increases the price. Especially if they do decide to include a figure that is their Racing Queen partner. :ic$:

So good job with that speculation, RT! ;)^
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439422)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 12th, 2012 @ 2:15pm CST
Burn wrote:Calsonic sure does have some nice ... ahem ... colours ... yes ...
Not certain if those are meant to be their actual names.
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439427)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 12th, 2012 @ 2:38pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Burn wrote:Calsonic sure does have some nice ... ahem ... colours ... yes ...
Not certain if those are meant to be their actual names.

Ditto. But it is interesting to find that he likes the French owned Super GT racing team's "queen." :P
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439429)
Posted by Burn on November 12th, 2012 @ 2:51pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Burn wrote:Calsonic sure does have some nice ... ahem ... colours ... yes ...
Not certain if those are meant to be their actual names.

Call her Bob and she'll still have nice .. ahem ... colours.
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439432)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 12th, 2012 @ 2:58pm CST
What's up with Star Saber's sword? Can he hold it right? That might be a deal breaker for me
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439434)
Posted by Downbeat on November 12th, 2012 @ 3:01pm CST
Ugh. Those race queens are creepy as heck.

I like the remolding on these figures a fair amount, even if i'm not a huge fan of the visors.
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439435)
Posted by Poyguimogul on November 12th, 2012 @ 3:05pm CST
Star Sabers head is... so 2009.. and by that I mean.. EPIC FAIL! :BOOM:
Head Robots / Venksta / or another 3rd party could remedy this.. I hope..
So far the breast part of these figures is the Kiss Players.. I mean RACE QUEENS..

---God I hope that they aren't supposed to be the bots in PRETENDER mode---

Then You'll have to replace RACE with DRAG...
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439438)
Posted by Burn on November 12th, 2012 @ 3:28pm CST
So ahhh ... think TT will move on from race cars to drag cars complete with their own Drag Queens?
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439443)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 12th, 2012 @ 3:50pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:What's up with Star Saber's sword? Can he hold it right? That might be a deal breaker for me

He's going to have a sword? I thought they only showed a funky gun. 8) Which I found out was the sword. #-o

Burn wrote:So ahhh ... think TT will move on from race cars to drag cars complete with their own Drag Queens?


I don't know. Will these "Drag Queens" be "more than meets the eye"? ;)
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439489)
Posted by RodimalToyota on November 12th, 2012 @ 8:45pm CST
Oh boy, reading comprehension fail...

It's right on the page..

Each is remold of their previous Alternity Convoy fiigure, and features various racing sponsor logos and a race queen mini figure. These images give us a good look at each figure in both modes, including their remolded weapons. Images mirrored below.


So there's part of the price increase.
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439498)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 12th, 2012 @ 9:32pm CST
RodimalToyota wrote:Oh boy, reading comprehension fail...

It's right on the page..

Each is remold of their previous Alternity Convoy fiigure, and features various racing sponsor logos and a race queen mini figure. These images give us a good look at each figure in both modes, including their remolded weapons. Images mirrored below.


So there's part of the price increase.


Seriously, you guys. This was what I was trying to say was due to the price increase... Not the size. :lol: So thanks, RT, for making me feel sane again. ;)^

And now, I need to determine if I still want to buy Star Saber... Or take my chances by playing the "Generation One Waiting Game." :-?
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439545)
Posted by Breakdown 2099 on November 13th, 2012 @ 2:56am CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
And now, I need to determine if I still want to buy Star Saber... Or take my chances by playing the "Generation One Waiting Game." :-?


Buy it! ;)^
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439564)
Posted by Hotrodimust on November 13th, 2012 @ 5:55am CST
Easy pass for me the original was a great looking figure IMO but he could not stand up straight for sh#t and by the pics of him slightly leaning forward he looks to have the same issue.
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439569)
Posted by VioMeTriX on November 13th, 2012 @ 6:26am CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
RodimalToyota wrote:Oh boy, reading comprehension fail...

It's right on the page..

Each is remold of their previous Alternity Convoy fiigure, and features various racing sponsor logos and a race queen mini figure. These images give us a good look at each figure in both modes, including their remolded weapons. Images mirrored below.


So there's part of the price increase.


Seriously, you guys. This was what I was trying to say was due to the price increase... Not the size. :lol: So thanks, RT, for making me feel sane again. ;)^

And now, I need to determine if I still want to buy Star Saber... Or take my chances by playing the "Generation One Waiting Game." :-?




you have gone through all of this just to see if you want to buy one single transformer? really are you daft? you argue with me and others over silly issues and your just not sure... well i guess by 2013 you have added to your hefty collection of 12 transformers... and by 2020 you might score up to number 15.... wow absurdity and total ridiculousness. oh well whatever makes you happy...
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439602)
Posted by RodimalToyota on November 13th, 2012 @ 10:12am CST
come on guys...

Image
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439632)
Posted by VioMeTriX on November 13th, 2012 @ 11:53am CST
thanks for the hunor injected...
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439690)
Posted by datguy86 on November 13th, 2012 @ 3:47pm CST
RodimalToyota wrote:come on guys...

Image


RodimalToyota's right! We need to get back to talking about "Calsonic's" coloration and whether or not we prefer longer or shorter hair on our adorable pack-ins!
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439703)
Posted by RodimalToyota on November 13th, 2012 @ 5:18pm CST
more of people just need to quit bickering.


I hope no one is really complaining about colors...

Image

and

Image

and

Image

haters gotta hate I guess.
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439707)
Posted by datguy86 on November 13th, 2012 @ 5:53pm CST
RodimalToyota wrote:more of people just need to quit bickering.


I hope no one is really complaining about colors...


Oh, I know what you meant.

And the cars look okay, but I'm straightening my priorities. I'm more interested in talking about the girls. :x

(MOTUL Race Queen for the win, by the way)
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439709)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 13th, 2012 @ 6:08pm CST
VioMeTriX wrote:you have gone through all of this just to see if you want to buy one single transformer? really are you daft? you argue with me and others over silly issues and your just not sure... well i guess by 2013 you have added to your hefty collection of 12 transformers... and by 2020 you might score up to number 15.... wow absurdity and total ridiculousness. oh well whatever makes you happy...


Argument? Huh. Funny way of saying that you dismissed everything you said and ignored. And by 2020 I will have 15 pieces? So what? Every person I have met does not care if I have 1, 10, or even every Japanese piece ever made. They know that I am argumentative and short tempered, but also know that I try my best to respect their views... As I see them as both equals in terms of being both fans and collectors.

And you know what? I never did care about the size of my collection. My collection is based on who I am, what characters matter to me, and the reasons why they are in my collection. I am building my collection for my future children, and for the same reasons why Seibertron himself takes photos for the rest of us. I even said that I never did care about scale, name accuracy (i.e. my "Alternity" pieces), or any of that. All I care about is the series that interest me, the chance to make friends in this field, and more.

If you cannot accept that and need to make one insult after another, your loss. Because in the end, you are not my collection's target audience. 'Nuff said. >:oP
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439710)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 13th, 2012 @ 6:17pm CST
RodimalToyota wrote:more of people just need to quit bickering.


I hope no one is really complaining about colors...

Image

and

Image

and

Image

haters gotta hate I guess.


You know what is funny? I was driving myself mad with the decision of getting Maximus because the team he was supposed to represent was sweet. To the point I was on the verge of becoming a fan regardless I had gotten it or not. That, and Saber's represented team is tied to not just aftermarket Nissan parts, but also a Japan exclusive car company.

Oh... And Prime's team is French. I think that is why he had gotten the most obnoxiously alluring Racing Queen. :-?
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439718)
Posted by Diem on November 13th, 2012 @ 7:00pm CST
Come on, this is the best thing ever. New (ish) Alternity? Tiny plastic women? Quit your arguing. You're spoiling the delicious taste of these figures.
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439726)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 13th, 2012 @ 7:23pm CST
Diem wrote:Come on, this is the best thing ever. New (ish) Alternity? Tiny plastic women? Quit your arguing. You're spoiling the delicious taste of these figures.


Agreed. >:oP

But what shocks me is that nobody realized the reason why they never made a "G1" Arcee figure. It was because "The Rebirth" version was having an affair with an under-aged male. And when asked about it, she replied with a "I just cannot get him out of my head!"

..... :DANCE:

I mean... Diem, who of the two Race Queens do you like? :-?
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439730)
Posted by Diem on November 13th, 2012 @ 7:29pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
I mean... Diem, who of the two Race Queens do you like? :-?


I like the hair on the Optimus one and the outfit on the Saber one. Just to be difficult.
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439735)
Posted by Arctorro on November 13th, 2012 @ 7:40pm CST
Diem wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
I mean... Diem, who of the two Race Queens do you like? :-?


I like the hair on the Optimus one and the outfit on the Saber one. Just to be difficult.


Fortunately for me, the Optimus one has the hair and outfit I like the best.

Don't have another version of this mold, so pre-ordered Optimus mainly to get that.
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439745)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 13th, 2012 @ 7:54pm CST
Arctorro wrote:
Diem wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
I mean... Diem, who of the two Race Queens do you like? :-?


I like the hair on the Optimus one and the outfit on the Saber one. Just to be difficult.


Fortunately for me, the Optimus one has the hair and outfit I like the best.

Don't have another version of this mold, so pre-ordered Optimus mainly to get that.


Heh. I am still disputing Saber (as I now have a February trip to start planning out) as I like his queen a bit more. But there is something about Optimus' queen that I like. :-?

So I decree that they need to have a story where the two have a pillow fight while their Autobot partners race. :michaelbay:
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439746)
Posted by Arctorro on November 13th, 2012 @ 7:57pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:So I decree that they need to have a story where the two have a pillow fight while their Autobot partners race. :michaelbay:


lol That might work!
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439756)
Posted by Diem on November 13th, 2012 @ 8:19pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
Arctorro wrote:
Diem wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
I mean... Diem, who of the two Race Queens do you like? :-?


I like the hair on the Optimus one and the outfit on the Saber one. Just to be difficult.


Fortunately for me, the Optimus one has the hair and outfit I like the best.

Don't have another version of this mold, so pre-ordered Optimus mainly to get that.


Heh. I am still disputing Saber (as I now have a February trip to start planning out) as I like his queen a bit more. But there is something about Optimus' queen that I like. :-?

So I decree that they need to have a story where the two have a pillow fight while their Autobot partners race. :michaelbay:


It's always surprising how substantial the crossover is between robot fans and tiny plastic lady fans.

I can't wait to get me some more plastic ladies.
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439855)
Posted by RodimalToyota on November 14th, 2012 @ 10:16am CST
As a Racing enthusiast and Ex-Autocrosser, I am in love with this line.
Never would I thought I could have Super GT/LM transformers that were paint accurate.

I trully hope the Japanese people like the line, as it means more repaints, and hopefully a new mold of another manufactorer.

Castrol Supra? Wheeljack?
yes please!

Image
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439867)
Posted by VioMeTriX on November 14th, 2012 @ 10:49am CST
Id love a Wheeljack!!!
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439957)
Posted by Arctorro on November 14th, 2012 @ 5:14pm CST
RodimalToyota wrote:As a Racing enthusiast and Ex-Autocrosser, I am in love with this line.
Never would I thought I could have Super GT/LM transformers that were paint accurate.

I trully hope the Japanese people like the line, as it means more repaints, and hopefully a new mold of another manufactorer.

Castrol Supra? Wheeljack?
yes please!



Ok, that'd be awesome!
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439961)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 14th, 2012 @ 5:30pm CST
Arctorro wrote:
RodimalToyota wrote:As a Racing enthusiast and Ex-Autocrosser, I am in love with this line.
Never would I thought I could have Super GT/LM transformers that were paint accurate.

I trully hope the Japanese people like the line, as it means more repaints, and hopefully a new mold of another manufactorer.

Castrol Supra? Wheeljack?
yes please!



Ok, that'd be awesome!


100% agreed! Because I am hoping they will go beyond the Supreme Commanders with this line. It would be a tad bit boring if all the teams used chose such. :WHISTLE:
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1440377)
Posted by El Duque on November 16th, 2012 @ 7:47am CST
Courtesy of site sponsor TFsource we have color images of Takara Tomy's ucpoming Supert GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber in their race car modes. Each is a remold of the Alternity Covoy mold that features sponsor logos and new race inspired weapons. Check out the images below. The figures can be pre-ordered from TFsource at the following links:

Transformers X - Super GT1 - GTR Optimus Prime

Transformers X - Super GT2 - GTR Saber

Image

Image
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1440381)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on November 16th, 2012 @ 8:14am CST
Almost sold on OP. Aw, who am I kidding?! I'm definitely buying the toy! Alt mode looks nice, and it even comes with a race queen fig!
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1440400)
Posted by RodimalToyota on November 16th, 2012 @ 10:16am CST
Sexy, and I haven't even seen the race queens yet. /snark
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1440418)
Posted by omega666 on November 16th, 2012 @ 11:08am CST
I WANT! :grin:

But not for $119.95. :-( :BOOM:
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1440423)
Posted by RodimalToyota on November 16th, 2012 @ 11:26am CST
That price is all the paint tampos and stickers.
Look how much work will have to go into each model coming out.
Those are basically 1:32 scale replica's, that transform into highly articulated robots.
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1440425)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 16th, 2012 @ 11:37am CST
Damn, these things look amazing in color. I want! But yeah, too rich for my blood. :(
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1440430)
Posted by President-prime on November 16th, 2012 @ 11:44am CST
Yep! Preordered both. Got $20 off, plus free shipping. Yeah...gonna sell my unwanted to get new want.
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1440433)
Posted by Manterax Prime on November 16th, 2012 @ 12:01pm CST
Shiny! But I need color images of the bot modes before I make a call.
Re: Additional Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1440444)
Posted by Kibble on November 16th, 2012 @ 1:01pm CST
These actually look pretty good...but not $100+ a pop good. Maybe if they were alt/BT size they could get away with the asking price. Probably have 3rd Party to blame for that, though. We're dumb enough to pay those prices there, why not here, too? Glad these are pretty insignificant figures to anything outside their own strange continuity.

Click here to view an additional 54 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014