Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode?

Transformers News: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode?

Thursday, November 21st, 2013 11:48AM CST

Categories: Movie News, Rumors, Media
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 78,636

Seibertron.com user PrymeStriker has notified us about a piece of news coming from the Transformers Cars Facebook page, from which the vehicle gallery came from. This time, the group has posted shots of the alleged Age of Extinction set crew hoodie, which includes the film's logo, the Transformers name and.. Grimlock's robot mode?! Take a look at the images mirrored below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub.

Transformers News: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode?

Transformers News: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode?

Transformers News: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode?

Transformers News: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode?

Transformers News: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode?
Credit(s): TransformersCars.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode? (1531115)
Posted by hinomars19 on November 21st, 2013 @ 12:06pm CST
'wham bam it's the Dino jam!'

If this is Grimmy (or any dinobot) then I must say I am pleasantly surprised. They were never gonna look like their old selves, at least this doesn't look a crazy monster of a mess. I thought they would try and be 'creative' and 'think outside the box' ala Starscream McChicken legs.
The toy's gonna suck though :P
Re: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode? (1531116)
Posted by BeastProwl on November 21st, 2013 @ 12:09pm CST
Ive always wanted a Gundam that turns into a Dinosaur!
Re: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode? (1531118)
Posted by xRotorstormx on November 21st, 2013 @ 12:16pm CST
hinomars19 wrote:'wham bam it's the Dino jam!'

The toy's gonna suck though :P

Totally agree with this, I am very surprised and this is making me more excited to see this movie. He looks really awesome and has that tough leader presence that I think a lot of people were hoping for. I am SOOO thankful he doesn't have the crazy chicken legs :lol:

My fingers are definitely crossed for good looking figure!
Re: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode? (1531125)
Posted by rpetras on November 21st, 2013 @ 12:56pm CST
No chicken legs, but does he come with bells for those jester feet?

This is better than I was expecting, though.
Re: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode? (1531127)
Posted by Emerje on November 21st, 2013 @ 1:00pm CST
Optimus, Bumblebee, and Grimlock all look pretty sturdy. They probably won't translate well into figures, but at least they'll look good on the big screen.

Emerje
Re: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode? (1531129)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 21st, 2013 @ 1:06pm CST
hinomars19 wrote:'wham bam it's the Dino jam!'
FINALLY! SOMEONE ELSE WHO SEES IT!

Also, those feet of his. While initial thought might think of elf shoes, those are obviously Gundam Deathscythe Hell Custom's feet. :michaelbay:

Re: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode? (1531133)
Posted by SlyTF1 on November 21st, 2013 @ 1:10pm CST
Now that is major badassage. I like how all the designs we've seen have been medieval like. This movie is going to be so hype.
Re: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode? (1531134)
Posted by bluecatcinema on November 21st, 2013 @ 1:16pm CST
Not bad. Can't wait to see the unshadowed version.
Re: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode? (1531139)
Posted by vectorsigma757 on November 21st, 2013 @ 1:47pm CST
Would have been more appropriate as BW Megatron, especially with the flail weapon. That will probably be one of the repaints

Seems nice so far.
Re: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode? (1531141)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 21st, 2013 @ 1:53pm CST
It's not his classic design, but I never really expected that anyway. I can totally get on board with this. This might be the first Bayverse movie that's actually fun. :D
Re: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode? (1531142)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 21st, 2013 @ 1:54pm CST
vectorsigma757 wrote:Would have been more appropriate as BW Megatron, especially with the flail weapon.
BW Megs had a flail? :???:
Re: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode? (1531144)
Posted by vectorsigma757 on November 21st, 2013 @ 2:00pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
BW Megs had a flail? :???:

No, he didn't. The body design would have been nice for BW Megs and the flail would be closer to G1 Megs. Making it a repaint into BW Megs would be a nice homage all around.
Re: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode? (1531148)
Posted by Varia31 on November 21st, 2013 @ 2:22pm CST

^ MSN-06S Sinanju

My initial thought to how the possible "Grimlock" looks. Mainly the head and shoulders. Not bad, actually pretty cool!
Re: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode? (1531151)
Posted by Rated X on November 21st, 2013 @ 2:35pm CST
Not great, but could be a whole lot worse. So I guess the dinobots will all look like midevil knights.
Re: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode? (1531153)
Posted by FurStreak on November 21st, 2013 @ 2:45pm CST
This is clearly from observing the picture in its rough form. But it looks as if the left shoulder has what looks to be Slags muzzle/beak (Triceratops). The right should looks to be one of the others upper jaw/beak/muzzle. Possibly grimlocks, but I highly doubt it due to the shape, and the previously seen picture of Optimus riding Grimlock into battle.

This is entirely speculation, But from what I can tell, I believe that Michael Bay has introduced DINO KING into the fray. The dino bots combine to form the great Dino King! As I said, this is entirely speculation due to the poor picture posted.

To add to this, the fist on the right hand looks like a spiked tail from a What I would guess to be Slag (Stegosaurus) and the large staff/mace looks to be his spines from along his back as well.

I can only guess this at the moment, But I think that Snarl will become the left arm, Slag will become the right arm. While Grimlock will become the main body and legs. Also, If Swoop is in the fray, I think he would become part of the lower abdomen, while his wings drape around the sides of the thighs and possibly into the front of the combined robot.

Feel free to prove me wrong, as this is all best guess and speculation based on the provided picture.
Re: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode? (1531154)
Posted by Street-Convoy S0S on November 21st, 2013 @ 2:50pm CST
need to see a clear pic, but could it also be megatron or unicron ?
Re: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode? (1531156)
Posted by FurStreak on November 21st, 2013 @ 3:01pm CST
Doubtful do to the two upper jaws on each of the shoulders.
Re: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode? (1531157)
Posted by EagleTron on November 21st, 2013 @ 3:11pm CST
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Movieverse Grimlock King. Grimlock smash. :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: This image looks to to good. Because it is great.
Re: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode? (1531161)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 21st, 2013 @ 3:43pm CST
first its gundam now hes ripping off dinozaurs, please for the love of god burn his anime collection & ban him from every anime shop/expo. Whats next is prime going to go super sayain & do a Kamehameha?
Re: Age of Extinction - First Look at Grimlock in Robot Mode? (1531163)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 21st, 2013 @ 3:54pm CST
I can't believe the words that have formed in my mind when I laid my eyes upon that image, but... you know what? I actually like the design. Maybe not as Grimlock, but I like it. Frighteningly so. :-s

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Combiner Wars MENASOR Motormaster Dead End Breakdown Offroad Ds BJ - Time Remaining: 21 days 14 hours 4 minutes 21 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Cybertronian Soundwave Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 12 hours 51 minutes 16 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 - 1985 HOIST - 100% COMPLETE - NICE SHAPE ! - Time Remaining: 6 days 2 hours 23 minutes 26 seconds
G2 Transformers YELLOW SCAVENGER MOC - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 55 minutes 1 second
G1 Transformers Sharkticon Action Figure Army Alpha Quintesson Energon Megatron - Time Remaining: 13 days 11 hours 39 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers G1 Lot Vintage Astrotrain Triplechanger 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 6 days 3 hours 40 minutes 26 seconds
Swindle Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Time Remaining: 6 days 12 hours 25 minutes 34 seconds
AFA Transformers 2005 - Cybertron Deluxe - Hot Shot - AFA U90 NM+/MT - Time Remaining: 12 days 10 hours 12 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive