Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg

Transformers News: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg

Sunday, October 27th, 2013 1:12PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 33,519

Thanks to YouTube user LF3258, we have for the public a 6 1/2 minute video from the filming site in Hong Kong, China. What is so important about this, one might ask? This video starts off with a recording of Optimus Prime speaking to actor Mark Wahlberg! The video has been mirrored below for your viewing convenience, but be warned; there are most likely plot details within the dialogue heard. If you are feeling spoiler-ish today, then by all means, watch the video below!

To paraphrase Starscream, "keep your optics sharp" for more news on Age of Extinction!
Credit(s): YouTube user LF3258
Re: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg (1526360)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 27th, 2013 @ 1:25pm CDT
[spoiler]"There remains a price on (your? my?) head. I endanger you all by staying. (Something) take it (something)."

"(Something)... Defend this (something), Autobots, as they have you... (something) they can be..."[/spoiler]

That's all I could make out of the Prime dialogue. The rest was all too muffled by the wind.
Re: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg (1526363)
Posted by YRQRM0 on October 27th, 2013 @ 1:37pm CDT
So basically: [spoiler]Optimus prime has to leave because he has a price on his head and is endangering everyone by staying. But "defend this family autobots as they have you". So basically Optimus is in danger from something? I hope it's not humans hunting him.[/spoiler]
Re: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg (1526394)
Posted by primematrix1986 on October 27th, 2013 @ 4:05pm CDT
I thought I heard something about Optimus having a price on his head, and for the autobots to defend his family, as they have defended theirs. Then, I though I heard him say something about how he must go, and everytime they look in the stars, think that it could be me. Then the smoke went off. Does that mean he has the ability to fly? Like a Jetpack? Is he leaving Earth?
Re: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg (1526398)
Posted by primematrix1986 on October 27th, 2013 @ 4:18pm CDT
Ok, I think I got it down. "There remains a price on my head. I endanger you all by staying. I shall take it (i cant hear what he said). Cant (somthing). When you look up in the stars, think one of them is me.....as my soul. Defend this family Autobots, for they have you. (I dont know what he says)." Then i guess the smoke means he flies off.
Re: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg (1526401)
Posted by TurboMMaster on October 27th, 2013 @ 4:26pm CDT
Re: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg (1526402)
Posted by Blast Cannon on October 27th, 2013 @ 4:31pm CDT
TurboMMaster wrote:If this time [spoiler]Optimus is really going to die again, I just hope he will stay dead for good.[/spoiler]

You take that back! He's pretty much the only reason why I bother with the movie films anymore.
Re: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg (1526403)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 27th, 2013 @ 4:39pm CDT
Blast Cannon wrote:

Well, his permanent death in TF: Prime Predacons Rising was handled brilliantly and beautifully. If we get another permanent death of that same variety, I wouldn't complain.
Re: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg (1526405)
Posted by njb902 on October 27th, 2013 @ 4:45pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Blast Cannon wrote:

"Permanent" that's funny.
Re: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg (1526409)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 27th, 2013 @ 4:56pm CDT
njb902 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Blast Cannon wrote:

"Permanent" that's funny.
As far as just TF: Prime itself is concerned, the death was permanent. There has yet to be a resurrection created, so he's still currently dead for good at the moment, just as Animated Starscream ended up as. ;)
Re: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg (1526411)
Posted by Blast Cannon on October 27th, 2013 @ 5:00pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Blast Cannon wrote:

"Permanent" that's funny.

Re: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg (1526413)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 27th, 2013 @ 5:06pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:...just as Animated Starscream ended up as.

Sabrblade, you had to remind me, huh?

y u do dis? :-(
Re: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg (1526414)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 27th, 2013 @ 5:14pm CDT
Blast Cannon wrote:I personally guarantee that by the end of the series he'll be back to save the day because the rest of the Autobots are too incompetent to cope without him.
That series is over. His noble death was the closing scene of it.
Re: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg (1526416)
Posted by SlyTF1 on October 27th, 2013 @ 5:23pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
That series is over. His noble death was the closing scene of it.

He'll be back in the next series.
Re: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg (1526417)
Posted by Blast Cannon on October 27th, 2013 @ 5:23pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
That series is over. His noble death was the closing scene of it.

...

It'll still happen even if I've got to write the fan-fiction myself.
Re: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg (1526418)
Posted by njb902 on October 27th, 2013 @ 5:24pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
That series is over. His noble death was the closing scene of it.

Did he really die or did he just transcend to another level of existence.
Re: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg (1526420)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 27th, 2013 @ 5:25pm CDT
njb902 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
That series is over. His noble death was the closing scene of it.

Did he really die or did he just transcend to another level of existence.

Re: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg (1526421)
Posted by TurboMMaster on October 27th, 2013 @ 5:26pm CDT
Blast Cannon wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Blast Cannon wrote:

"Permanent" that's funny.

Well, technically Sam saved the day twice and once Megatron strike the final blow. So I don't know why they can't deal with Cons without him. Why you need Optimus at all when you have Mark Wahlberg? After all, it is Bayformers we are talking about...
Re: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg (1526426)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 27th, 2013 @ 5:47pm CDT

It's no different from saying that Optimus Primal permanently died at the end of Beast Machines, even though two different follow up stories brought him back from the dead. Those stories are outside of the Beast Machines cartoon, so they aren't part of that series even though they are part of its greater continuity.
Re: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg (1526432)
Posted by njb902 on October 27th, 2013 @ 6:00pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Guys, within the context of just Transformers: Prime, it was permanent. Any resurrection he may inevitably get in a follow up series would be outside of the Transformers: Prime series. You guys are all thinking within the context of the greater continuity, while I'm only speaking from the context of just the individual series that it occurred in itself.

I just don't think he died.
Re: Age of Extinction: Optimus Prime Speaks to Mark Wahlberg (1526441)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 27th, 2013 @ 6:17pm CDT
njb902 wrote:

I just don't think he died.
He became "one with the AllSpark", which Smokescreen remarked meant "That's what you say when someone kicks the..." ("bucket" is likely what he gonna finish with), and a distressed Ratchet spoke of Optimus about to lose his life. For a Cybertronain to "join the Allspark" is to leave the land of the living and enter the afterlife, essentially the Transformer equivalent of going into Heaven.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 1986 ONSLAUGHT bruticus macau takara - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 23 minutes 11 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Series AD-30 Sky Drift Japan Import - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 43 minutes 30 seconds
NEW IN BOX TRANSFORMERS GRIMLOCK AGE OF EXTINCTION - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 8 minutes 37 seconds
TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION GRIMLOCK 16" NEW IN BOX - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 8 minutes 37 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED WASPINATOR COMPLETE LQQK - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 9 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Ultimate Optimus Prime Year of the Dragon Dark of the Moon Mechtech - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 10 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex - Hasbro 2013 - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 41 minutes 13 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED PROWL COMPLETE LQQK - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 44 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016