Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week!

Transformers News: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week!

Friday, July 4th, 2014 5:51AM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 21,464

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

As we reported here, thanks to the audiences in China, the box office for Age Of Extinction has been huge, and with the World Cup coming to an end, the film will finally see worldwide release and it's final tally could take it into the same level as Dark Of The Moon and the billionaires club. The next few weeks/month or so will tell us what the box office future holds, but we can remain cautiously optimistic.

According to ComicBookMovie.com, Age Of Extinction has accumulated $412,685,351, worldwide so far!

However, US numbers are still somewhat low and attendance would go a long way to getting the film to at least the same level as Transformers and Revenge Of The Fallen. If the current US pattern holds, Age Of Extinction will be the smallest domestic take of the entire film series. (Currently stands at $128,685,351)

If you haven't seen it yet, or you're on the fence, go check it out with friends, or with your kids, and above all: Have a good time!

We'll keep you updated with the numbers and hopefully we'll get to see a stellar box office take, together.

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
Credit(s): ComicBookMovie, Box Office Mojo
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587823)
Posted by Bleak5170 on July 4th, 2014 @ 6:21am CDT
This is the first TF movie I haven't gone to see in the theater, (first flick I saw multiple times). I'll wait for the BR, (I expect those sales to be MASSIVE).
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587826)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 4th, 2014 @ 6:47am CDT
Not going to see this a the cinema. I may purchase the Blu ray but most likely I will wait until its on Netflix or on TV.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587828)
Posted by bluecatcinema on July 4th, 2014 @ 7:28am CDT
Impressive. In time, it might even knock X-Men: Days Of Future Past off the "biggest earner of 2014" pedestal (DOFP has currently raked in over $700,000,000).
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587830)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 4th, 2014 @ 8:04am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:So looks like the Nostalgia Critic doesn't like the movie..
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/specials/43885-nostalgia-critic-talks-transformers-4

He even brings up Michael Bays teleprompter incident(which I still think people were being too hard on him about. He's only human like the rest of us)
Meanwhile, here's what Doug (as himself) really thought about the movie - http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/specials/43894-doug-reviews-transformers-4

And the Nostalgia Chick (along with the Black Nerd), who is much more positive with the movie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrriH5YbLF8


I haven't had chance yet to check out Dougs real opinion of the movie and I didn't know that the Nostalgia Chick had done a review. I'll have to check it out. Though the initial review caused a argument with a friend of mine who took th e review as the gospel truth. He is convinced that this movie will ruin all movies >:oP
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587834)
Posted by dragons on July 4th, 2014 @ 8:44am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:So looks like the Nostalgia Critic doesn't like the movie..
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/specials/43885-nostalgia-critic-talks-transformers-4

He even brings up Michael Bays teleprompter incident(which I still think people were being too hard on him about. He's only human like the rest of us)
Meanwhile, here's what Doug (as himself) really thought about the movie - http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/specials/43894-doug-reviews-transformers-4

And the Nostalgia Chick (along with the Black Nerd), who is much more positive with the movie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrriH5YbLF8


I haven't had chance yet to check out Dougs real opinion of the movie and I didn't know that the Nostalgia Chick had done a review. I'll have to check it out. Though the initial review caused a argument with a friend of mine who took th e review as the gospel truth. He is convinced that this movie will ruin all movies >:oP


Tell your freind go see meet the Spartans parodys are bad for movies
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587837)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 4th, 2014 @ 8:55am CDT
How these movies even make this kind of money I'll never know.


... not that I'm really complaining. *happily plays with toys that probably wouldn't exist without Bay's films*
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587839)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on July 4th, 2014 @ 9:09am CDT
All yall hould see the film. It's really cool. I mean, it's no Inception, but it doesn't have Hayden Christiansen in it, so that's a plus.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587843)
Posted by Rated X on July 4th, 2014 @ 9:21am CDT
Im still holding out. I dont go to movie theaters full of noisy kids...ugh.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587848)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 4th, 2014 @ 9:44am CDT
Rated X wrote:Im still holding out. I dont go to movie theaters full of noisy kids...ugh.
Now might be a good time to go see it. When I saw it for the second time yesterday, there were only seven people in the theater room, counting myself. All adults.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587870)
Posted by leokearon on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:18pm CDT
Not watching this movie, after getting burned with DOTM, I don't want to give Michael bay anymore of my money so he can continue to ruin TFs with his explosions, lack of characterisation and unoriginal plots.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587872)
Posted by mooseastig on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:20pm CDT
Saw the movie on Imax 3d and it was Pure Awesomeness..! :APPLAUSE:
Image
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587873)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:20pm CDT
leokearon wrote:Not watching this movie, after getting burned with DOTM, I don't want to give Michael bay anymore of my money so he can continue to ruin TFs with his explosions, lack of characterisation and unoriginal plots.
I can assure you that this movie at least remedied the one in bold.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587884)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on July 4th, 2014 @ 12:59pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
leokearon wrote:Not watching this movie, after getting burned with DOTM, I don't want to give Michael bay anymore of my money so he can continue to ruin TFs with his explosions, lack of characterisation and unoriginal plots.
I can assure you that this movie at least remedied the one in bold.
Agreed. That's why I honestly think this one's better than any of the first trilogy. We actually understand who the three new Autobots are within 5 minutes of their first appearance.

Now granted, Bay's unwillingness to give Decepticons any characterization in favor of making them generic, shrieking monsters was always my biggest problem with these films, but AofE interestingly dodges that issue by technically not having any actual Decepticons in this one, and sidestepping a problem still counts as a temporary fix.

Add in non-military humans playing a credible role in the plot, and this ends up being the first Bay movie I'll actually see in the theater multiple times...granted, I racked up a LOT of those TRU passes last week because I'd held off on buying any toys until there was a sale, so I won't really be adding to the U.S. box office, but it is genuinely worth seeing on a big screen in 3-D.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587890)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 4th, 2014 @ 1:29pm CDT
it has no competition so its going to make money fast, now if a marvel movie was out at the same time i guarantee the profits would be a lot lower. I personally will not be buying a ticket, watched a bootleg & its not worth seeing on the big screen. Its unnecessarily long & there are to may plot lines going on & not a single one ever gets fleshed out. The bluray i might get though its not a bad action movie & its the best out of the 4, plus being able to pause & fast forward is a godsend.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587922)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 4th, 2014 @ 3:54pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Im still holding out. I dont go to movie theaters full of noisy kids...ugh.


The first time I went I was with my family (no noisy kids) and we went on the opening Sunday, the theater was almost empty, because it was the first showing I guess.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587932)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 4th, 2014 @ 4:21pm CDT
viruscarnage wrote:
Rated X wrote:Im still holding out. I dont go to movie theaters full of noisy kids...ugh.


The first time I went I was with my family (no noisy kids) and we went on the opening Sunday, the theater was almost empty, because it was the first showing I guess.



That's why I make it a point to wait for a week after the movie's release, then go to a matinee instead of waiting until later in the day. Very few people in the seats, no noise during the movie, and I can sit anywhere I want.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587933)
Posted by Burn on July 4th, 2014 @ 4:23pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:it has no competition so its going to make money fast,


Dawn of the Planet of the Apes opens next week, that will bit into it.
(I expect it to be a much better movie than AoE)

Oh and I thought of something ... what is up with the name anyway? "Age of Extinction" ... it's only mentioned once, were we suppose to believe that the seed would wipe out the whole planet because I never really got that impression.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587938)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 4th, 2014 @ 5:01pm CDT
Burn wrote:Oh and I thought of something ... what is up with the name anyway? "Age of Extinction" ... it's only mentioned once, were we suppose to believe that the seed would wipe out the whole planet because I never really got that impression.


The Seed by itself wouldn't, but what Galvatron wanted to do with it would have. Brains and Optimus said so in the exposition scene at the train yard. Megatron was gonna set off the Seed in a very large city, killing a few hundred thousand people and thus giving him an obscene amount of raw Transformium to create an army of minions which he then would command to wipe out the rest of humanity. To quote Brains, "You greedy bastards brought your own extinction on yourselves."
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587939)
Posted by Ultramagnus727 on July 4th, 2014 @ 5:06pm CDT
I loved it although it didn't have much of the other dino bots, still loved it!☺️9/10
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587940)
Posted by Sub-Prime on July 4th, 2014 @ 5:37pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:it has no competition so its going to make money fast,


Dawn of the Planet of the Apes opens next week, that will bit into it.
(I expect it to be a much better movie than AoE)

Oh and I thought of something ... what is up with the name anyway? "Age of Extinction" ... it's only mentioned once, were we suppose to believe that the seed would wipe out the whole planet because I never really got that impression.


It's funny how I see a lot of folks have questions about the plot yet I walked out knowing everything. I guess some folks can't take in the plot of this movie? The seed would cause extinction as Galvatron was planning on using it so he can create a massive army that would pretty much wipe out civilization. And China is a pretty big place to start.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587943)
Posted by Burn on July 4th, 2014 @ 5:52pm CDT
Sub-Prime wrote:
Burn wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:it has no competition so its going to make money fast,


Dawn of the Planet of the Apes opens next week, that will bit into it.
(I expect it to be a much better movie than AoE)

Oh and I thought of something ... what is up with the name anyway? "Age of Extinction" ... it's only mentioned once, were we suppose to believe that the seed would wipe out the whole planet because I never really got that impression.


It's funny how I see a lot of folks have questions about the plot yet I walked out knowing everything. I guess some folks can't take in the plot of this movie? The seed would cause extinction as Galvatron was planning on using it so he can create a massive army that would pretty much wipe out civilization. And China is a pretty big place to start.


I got the plot of the movie, but I think as a sub-title "Age of Extinction" just doesn't work. To me it was more about Prime and the Autobots against Lockdown and the humans. The seed was just a thing on the side, much like Galvatron.

Frankly, despite their short on screen time, it would have made more sense to call it "Rise of the Dinobots".
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587945)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 4th, 2014 @ 5:58pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Sub-Prime wrote:
Burn wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:it has no competition so its going to make money fast,


Dawn of the Planet of the Apes opens next week, that will bit into it.
(I expect it to be a much better movie than AoE)

Oh and I thought of something ... what is up with the name anyway? "Age of Extinction" ... it's only mentioned once, were we suppose to believe that the seed would wipe out the whole planet because I never really got that impression.


It's funny how I see a lot of folks have questions about the plot yet I walked out knowing everything. I guess some folks can't take in the plot of this movie? The seed would cause extinction as Galvatron was planning on using it so he can create a massive army that would pretty much wipe out civilization. And China is a pretty big place to start.


I got the plot of the movie, but I think as a sub-title "Age of Extinction" just doesn't work. To me it was more about Prime and the Autobots against Lockdown and the humans. The seed was just a thing on the side, much like Galvatron.

Frankly, despite their short on screen time, it would have made more sense to call it "Rise of the Dinobots".



If we're going to get Transformers Prime on it, then it should be "Knights of Cybertron" Because they had as much to do with it as Predacons did in TF:P
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587947)
Posted by Burn on July 4th, 2014 @ 6:03pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
Burn wrote:
Sub-Prime wrote:
Burn wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:it has no competition so its going to make money fast,


Dawn of the Planet of the Apes opens next week, that will bit into it.
(I expect it to be a much better movie than AoE)

Oh and I thought of something ... what is up with the name anyway? "Age of Extinction" ... it's only mentioned once, were we suppose to believe that the seed would wipe out the whole planet because I never really got that impression.


It's funny how I see a lot of folks have questions about the plot yet I walked out knowing everything. I guess some folks can't take in the plot of this movie? The seed would cause extinction as Galvatron was planning on using it so he can create a massive army that would pretty much wipe out civilization. And China is a pretty big place to start.


I got the plot of the movie, but I think as a sub-title "Age of Extinction" just doesn't work. To me it was more about Prime and the Autobots against Lockdown and the humans. The seed was just a thing on the side, much like Galvatron.

Frankly, despite their short on screen time, it would have made more sense to call it "Rise of the Dinobots".



If we're going to get Transformers Prime on it, then it should be "Knights of Cybertron" Because they had as much to do with it as Predacons did in TF:P


Thought of that, but figured that might be more suitable for one of the next two movies.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587966)
Posted by ButtZilla on July 4th, 2014 @ 8:17pm CDT
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587991)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 4th, 2014 @ 10:51pm CDT
I love it when the nostalgia critic is being ironic.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587994)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 4th, 2014 @ 10:59pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
Burn wrote:
Sub-Prime wrote:
Burn wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:it has no competition so its going to make money fast,


Dawn of the Planet of the Apes opens next week, that will bit into it.
(I expect it to be a much better movie than AoE)

Oh and I thought of something ... what is up with the name anyway? "Age of Extinction" ... it's only mentioned once, were we suppose to believe that the seed would wipe out the whole planet because I never really got that impression.


It's funny how I see a lot of folks have questions about the plot yet I walked out knowing everything. I guess some folks can't take in the plot of this movie? The seed would cause extinction as Galvatron was planning on using it so he can create a massive army that would pretty much wipe out civilization. And China is a pretty big place to start.


I got the plot of the movie, but I think as a sub-title "Age of Extinction" just doesn't work. To me it was more about Prime and the Autobots against Lockdown and the humans. The seed was just a thing on the side, much like Galvatron.

Frankly, despite their short on screen time, it would have made more sense to call it "Rise of the Dinobots".



If we're going to get Transformers Prime on it, then it should be "Knights of Cybertron" Because they had as much to do with it as Predacons did in TF:P


Thought of that, but figured that might be more suitable for one of the next two movies.
Watching several of the trailers, there were quite a few things depicted in those trailers that weren't in the final cut of the movie, such as Optimus' line of "This is not war... it's human extinction." I'm thinking there were some rewrites going on that changed a number of things that might have let the title make more sense in an earlier production stage.

And there was the bit with Lockdown talking about how the Creators were very displeased by the interactions between multiple species, namely the Transformers and the humans having come in contact with each other. I get the feeling that an earlier draft might have involved the Creators not only wanting Lockdown to bring them Optimus, but also to wanting wipe out the humans just because they and the Transformers have been in the same room as each other all this time. Species discrimination and all that.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1587998)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 4th, 2014 @ 11:03pm CDT
Here we go, THIS is a better review from the guy.

Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588004)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 4th, 2014 @ 11:15pm CDT
And both of those reviews (from the Critic and from Doug as himself) were already posted before.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588013)
Posted by Burn on July 4th, 2014 @ 11:49pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:And both of those reviews (from the Critic and from Doug as himself) were already posted before.

Lots of people have posted stuff in this thread that has been posted before. People are excited about the movie and rush to discuss it without reading what's already been posted. No biggie, the world keeps turning.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588040)
Posted by crossblades on July 5th, 2014 @ 5:57am CDT
Ok, i went to see this last night, midnight preview in the UK, first time ever been to a midnight preview, and for transformers no less... I love transformers, have done since i was about 5, and im almost 32 now...

Spoilers









This film is appalling, people say there is no characterisation in DOTM, there is nothing in this one, prime puts a call out to his homies, and we get 3 disfunctional bots and an introverted bumblebee.

Drift, ok your a triple changer, why are you japanese? who/what are you?
Hound, welcome back ironhide, sorry we killed you last time, whats your plot?
Crosshairs, should have just been roadbuster, since you arent whats your point?

we have character quirks, but no actual reason for these guys, no back story, nothing about where they have hidden or why, why should i care about them?

Bee, the star of the first 3 films, becomes an introvert, whilst this isnt bad, it feels like a waste of 1 of the few characters we already know, and still appears he cant talk, must take ages to repair TF's...

Apart from prime, who apparently needs transformers to help him repair..., or gaffer tape... but seems to self repair in about 5 minutes every time he gets injured.

Lockdown seems like a good villan, however after he kills one of the characters we know from previous films at the start of this one, it appears he is taking their spark for his own use, this is then stated later that the spark is where all thoughts and memories are kept, basically a Tf's soul... Apart from megatron... megatron has a brain instead... however that doesnt help him either as he goes back to being a side plot point again, rather than the big bad... in fact pretty much not needed in the film, could just be cia vehicons...

And the dinobots... what? where? who? never named, so only the toys have names, the other bots seem to know who/what they are but again never comment, they seem to be something from the past? but even after the start of the films plot point about earth being bombed by "someone" are the dinobots part of earths past, TF's past? meh... still dont care by this point...

and thats it, i was so excited to see this film... and its just bad.

overall it could have done with 20 minutes less explosions, and 10 minutes more plot exposition, just naming names, telling you why things might be happening, or what is going on a little bit, and giving you something to care about.

It feels like there were about 5 different plot points, but everyone forgot to finish 4 of them... or even start them properly... its not hints for the next films, its bad writing or bad editing meanign the film feels hollow and shallow, and you dont care.

It also appears they forgot some things of the editing room floor, since there are alot of goofs and places with bad audio sync.

and the end, well there is an episode of the simpsons this feels very close to... but will let you find that one yourselves

The one thing i will give it is the CIA killing cons and bots basically for profit is a nice dark twist... however its just dark, and sets up the vehicons... it isnt great because its lost within the films bad editing and aweful characterisation.

sorry if i ruin this for anyone, but i had to vent as it upset me alot watching this film, its just bad.

Overall go for the cgi, get lost in that, dont go for a story, dont go for charactisation... see it in IMAX... basically its a good advert for IMAX...

3/10
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588044)
Posted by Burn on July 5th, 2014 @ 6:41am CDT
Cue SlyTF1 with yet another defensive pissed off reply... Image
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588045)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 5th, 2014 @ 6:56am CDT
There are no Vehicons in this movie, guys. Anyone who tells you otherwise is mistaken.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588050)
Posted by crossblades on July 5th, 2014 @ 7:14am CDT
Aye sorry, I used vehicon for shorthand, I could have put mass produced shiny lumps of junk with no chatacter, that are there to advertise cars for certain companies, but basically end up as target practice and Dino treats throughout the film... Vehicon is a quicker way of saying this.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588051)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 5th, 2014 @ 7:17am CDT
crossblades wrote:Aye sorry, I used vehicon for shorthand, I could have put mass produced shiny lumps of junk with no chatacter, that are there to advertise cars for certain companies, but basically end up as target practice and Dino treats throughout the film... Vehicon is a quicker way of saying this.
Why not just "Decepticons"? Or if that's too specific, "Prototypes" or "KSI robots"?
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588052)
Posted by RhA on July 5th, 2014 @ 7:50am CDT
crossblades wrote:Ok, i went to see this last night, midnight preview in the UK, first time ever been to a midnight preview, and for transformers no less... I love transformers, have done since i was about 5, and im almost 32 now...

Spoilers









This film is appalling, people say there is no characterisation in DOTM, there is nothing in this one, prime puts a call out to his homies, and we get 3 disfunctional bots and an introverted bumblebee.

Drift, ok your a triple changer, why are you japanese? who/what are you?
Hound, welcome back ironhide, sorry we killed you last time, whats your plot?
Crosshairs, should have just been roadbuster, since you arent whats your point?

we have character quirks, but no actual reason for these guys, no back story, nothing about where they have hidden or why, why should i care about them?

Bee, the star of the first 3 films, becomes an introvert, whilst this isnt bad, it feels like a waste of 1 of the few characters we already know, and still appears he cant talk, must take ages to repair TF's...

Apart from prime, who apparently needs transformers to help him repair..., or gaffer tape... but seems to self repair in about 5 minutes every time he gets injured.

Lockdown seems like a good villan, however after he kills one of the characters we know from previous films at the start of this one, it appears he is taking their spark for his own use, this is then stated later that the spark is where all thoughts and memories are kept, basically a Tf's soul... Apart from megatron... megatron has a brain instead... however that doesnt help him either as he goes back to being a side plot point again, rather than the big bad... in fact pretty much not needed in the film, could just be cia vehicons...

And the dinobots... what? where? who? never named, so only the toys have names, the other bots seem to know who/what they are but again never comment, they seem to be something from the past? but even after the start of the films plot point about earth being bombed by "someone" are the dinobots part of earths past, TF's past? meh... still dont care by this point...

and thats it, i was so excited to see this film... and its just bad.

overall it could have done with 20 minutes less explosions, and 10 minutes more plot exposition, just naming names, telling you why things might be happening, or what is going on a little bit, and giving you something to care about.

It feels like there were about 5 different plot points, but everyone forgot to finish 4 of them... or even start them properly... its not hints for the next films, its bad writing or bad editing meanign the film feels hollow and shallow, and you dont care.

It also appears they forgot some things of the editing room floor, since there are alot of goofs and places with bad audio sync.

and the end, well there is an episode of the simpsons this feels very close to... but will let you find that one yourselves

The one thing i will give it is the CIA killing cons and bots basically for profit is a nice dark twist... however its just dark, and sets up the vehicons... it isnt great because its lost within the films bad editing and aweful characterisation.

sorry if i ruin this for anyone, but i had to vent as it upset me alot watching this film, its just bad.

Overall go for the cgi, get lost in that, dont go for a story, dont go for charactisation... see it in IMAX... basically its a good advert for IMAX...

3/10

Image
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588053)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 5th, 2014 @ 7:56am CDT
Burn wrote:Cue SlyTF1 with yet another defensive pissed off reply... Image


As pissed off as I am, after almost a decade of this, I'm tired.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588096)
Posted by alternator77 on July 5th, 2014 @ 1:21pm CDT
Well it wasnt a shocker for me as i expected a bait and switch but oh well.
The dinobots for the roughly 25 minutes of screen time spent half of it being sucked up by lockdowns ship.
I really think all the emphasis on the new autobot cars took away from their role in the film but again im not suprised.
I remember a usa today piece during dotm where they spoke of shockwave as the new big bad and the level of destruction he would bring and lets be honest one building and an abandoned nuclear facility wasnt exactly earth shattering but it was understandable. Bay did the same thing this time around with the dinobots. The commercials, trailers, and even that video of the voice actor doing grimlock were meant to get people to see it.

Not ranting but i think im done with the movie line and if theyre at my public library ill see them if not oh well.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588131)
Posted by Quint on July 5th, 2014 @ 3:55pm CDT
Gonna see this tomorrow. Just wanted to ask - is Prime a bloodythirsty, merciless b***ard in this one too?

On a side note, why is he such a bloodthirsty, merciless b***ard in the movies?

Seriously, in all three films so far, when he's not getting his ass kicked, he uses gruesome, dismembering finishing moves that should even make Mortal Kombat players wretch. :SICK:
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588136)
Posted by alternator77 on July 5th, 2014 @ 4:18pm CDT
Quint wrote:Gonna see this tomorrow. Just wanted to ask - is Prime a bloodythirsty, merciless b***ard in this one too?

On a side note, why is he such a bloodthirsty, merciless b***ard in the movies?

Seriously, in all three films so far, when he's not getting his ass kicked, he uses gruesome, dismembering finishing moves that should even make Mortal Kombat players wretch. :SICK:




I think hes completely justified in this one but the level of violence from is much less than anything in the first three.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588141)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 5th, 2014 @ 4:41pm CDT
"Bloodthirsty, merciless b***ard" is actually a bit of a plot-point this time around. Or at least he's set off by a certain something.
Optimus slices Lockdown in half vertically, which is gruesome, but Optimus himself was just seconds ago impaled and nailed to the wall by his own sword, so simply stabbing Lockdown would've been inconsistent.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588145)
Posted by Sub-Prime on July 5th, 2014 @ 5:12pm CDT
Well the film can't make everyone happy. Personally I understood everything clearly although some of it dealt with me using common sense. But I guess everybody needs a thorough explanation on every single thing.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588149)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 5th, 2014 @ 5:35pm CDT
I sort of knew that this movie would end in a cliffhanger sort of way. I'd heard somewhere that this is Bay's last Transformers film (don't know if that's still true or not, or if it ever was), and immediately I thought "He's not going to just end it, he's got too much of an ego for that. He's going to have it be a cliffhanger so the next guy will be forced to continue the story and probably use the same character design." Sure enough, cliffhanger ending.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588152)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 5th, 2014 @ 5:55pm CDT
Quint wrote:Gonna see this tomorrow. Just wanted to ask - is Prime a bloodythirsty, merciless b***ard in this one too?

On a side note, why is he such a bloodthirsty, merciless b***ard in the movies?

Seriously, in all three films so far, when he's not getting his ass kicked, he uses gruesome, dismembering finishing moves that should even make Mortal Kombat players wretch. :SICK:


Because he's badass. If he were any other way, I wouldn't give a damn about him. Just like I don't give a damn about any other carnation of Optimus. His executions have always been my favorite parts of the TF movies. And they still are.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588160)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 5th, 2014 @ 6:25pm CDT
alternator77 wrote:Well it wasnt a shocker for me as i expected a bait and switch but oh well.
The dinobots for the roughly 25 minutes of screen time spent half of it being sucked up by lockdowns ship.
I really think all the emphasis on the new autobot cars took away from their role in the film but again im not suprised.
I remember a usa today piece during dotm where they spoke of shockwave as the new big bad and the level of destruction he would bring and lets be honest one building and an abandoned nuclear facility wasnt exactly earth shattering but it was understandable. Bay did the same thing this time around with the dinobots. The commercials, trailers, and even that video of the voice actor doing grimlock were meant to get people to see it.

Not ranting but i think im done with the movie line and if theyre at my public library ill see them if not oh well.


Emphasis on the Autobot cars took away from their role? The cars were barely even in the damn movie. They were all in robot mode most of the time. The commercials and trailers, yes, were meant to get people to see the movie, but in the main trailers, Grimlock was only in both trailers only for a few seconds. Not once, did they ever suggest that the Dinobots would have a massive amount of screen time.

And that video of the voice actor voicing Grimlock was published by Hasbro to sell a toy, not the movie.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588168)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 5th, 2014 @ 7:05pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I sort of knew that this movie would end in a cliffhanger sort of way. I'd heard somewhere that this is Bay's last Transformers film (don't know if that's still true or not, or if it ever was), and immediately I thought "He's not going to just end it, he's got too much of an ego for that. He's going to have it be a cliffhanger so the next guy will be forced to continue the story and probably use the same character design." Sure enough, cliffhanger ending.

I hear rumors that he may be back for 5 but the main plot of the movie was written by someone else, so a new director would be carrying on the writers story, not bays.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588172)
Posted by Sub-Prime on July 5th, 2014 @ 7:27pm CDT
I never saw any heavy emphasis on the cars either unless they were in disguise which is natural for a movie/cartoon about robots who try to keep a low profile. I love to hear all the negative things people say about this movie and I find about 95% of it funny because I can tell folks are looking hard for something to complain about.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588174)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 5th, 2014 @ 7:33pm CDT
Sub-Prime wrote:I never saw any heavy emphasis on the cars either unless they were in disguise which is natural for a movie/cartoon about robots who try to keep a low profile. I love to hear all the negative things people say about this movie and I find about 95% of it funny because I can tell folks are looking hard for something to complain about.


They already have the notion that the movie is "dumb," before they go in to see it. Therefore, they try their best to scrounge up some bs to spew, while ignoring everything that holds the movie together. People have always done this. It was old before, now, it's just pointless.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588193)
Posted by Quint on July 5th, 2014 @ 8:43pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
Quint wrote:Gonna see this tomorrow. Just wanted to ask - is Prime a bloodythirsty, merciless b***ard in this one too?

On a side note, why is he such a bloodthirsty, merciless b***ard in the movies?

Seriously, in all three films so far, when he's not getting his ass kicked, he uses gruesome, dismembering finishing moves that should even make Mortal Kombat players wretch. :SICK:


Because he's badass. If he were any other way, I wouldn't give a damn about him. Just like I don't give a damn about any other carnation of Optimus. His executions have always been my favorite parts of the TF movies. And they still are.



:lol: Brilliant. I genuinely hope there's no irony in there. Kudos.
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588196)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 5th, 2014 @ 8:59pm CDT
Quint wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Quint wrote:Gonna see this tomorrow. Just wanted to ask - is Prime a bloodythirsty, merciless b***ard in this one too?

On a side note, why is he such a bloodthirsty, merciless b***ard in the movies?

Seriously, in all three films so far, when he's not getting his ass kicked, he uses gruesome, dismembering finishing moves that should even make Mortal Kombat players wretch. :SICK:


Because he's badass. If he were any other way, I wouldn't give a damn about him. Just like I don't give a damn about any other carnation of Optimus. His executions have always been my favorite parts of the TF movies. And they still are.



:lol: Brilliant. I genuinely hope there's no irony in there. Kudos.


What, exactly, do you mean by "irony"?
Re: Age of Extinction Surpasses $400 Million In Less Than A Week! (1588202)
Posted by Quint on July 5th, 2014 @ 9:18pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
Quint wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Quint wrote:Gonna see this tomorrow. Just wanted to ask - is Prime a bloodythirsty, merciless b***ard in this one too?

On a side note, why is he such a bloodthirsty, merciless b***ard in the movies?

Seriously, in all three films so far, when he's not getting his ass kicked, he uses gruesome, dismembering finishing moves that should even make Mortal Kombat players wretch. :SICK:


Because he's badass. If he were any other way, I wouldn't give a damn about him. Just like I don't give a damn about any other carnation of Optimus. His executions have always been my favorite parts of the TF movies. And they still are.



:lol: Brilliant. I genuinely hope there's no irony in there. Kudos.


What, exactly, do you mean by "irony"?


When the literal meaning / actual outcome is the opposite of the intended meaning / outcome. Basics.

Click here to view an additional 1249 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #104 - Wrath of Con
Twincast / Podcast #104:
"Wrath of Con"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 2nd, 2014