AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening

Transformers News: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening

Friday, April 27th, 2007 2:23PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Reviews
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 12,238

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

AintItCoolNews.com has posted a supposed review of the upcoming Transformers movie which you can view here. Do you think this is a real review or a studio review? Post your opinion in this thread!
Credit(s): Prime Evil, Shinobi Rendar
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening (101219)
Posted by Robinson on April 27th, 2007 @ 2:34pm CDT
I put this in another post but since a new topic was started on this I'll post it here.


And people thought Shia cussed alot.


Edit:

Brief spoiler comment


Optimus Prime- sword arm- **** sick! That's all im gonna say about that.


This has me pretty curious!!
Re: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening (101223)
Posted by Seibertron on April 27th, 2007 @ 2:36pm CDT
Now it's time to review their review: I call shenanigans. Basically every scene that is mentioned in this review is something from one of the trailers or from the 4 scene preview I saw during Toy Fair week in New York. The exception, of course, is the vague description of Cybertron at the beginning of the review. The reviewer comments on just about every controversial bit of information from the movie from Prime's flames, lips, Starscream, Megatron ...

Shenanigans. Shenanigans. Shenanigans.
Re: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening (101230)
Posted by Robinson on April 27th, 2007 @ 2:42pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Now it's time to review their review: I call shenanigans. Basically every scene that is mentioned in this review is something from one of the trailers or from the 4 scene preview I saw during Toy Fair week in New York. The exception, of course, is the vague description of Cybertron at the beginning of the review. The reviewer comments on just about every controversial bit of information from the movie from Prime's flames, lips, Starscream, Megatron ...

Shenanigans. Shenanigans. Shenanigans.



Well you did see nearly 30 minutes of the movie, so that is a good chunk. he did mention little things here and there that we have not heard about quite yet and its not entirely unimaginable that it is legit.
Re: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening (101235)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on April 27th, 2007 @ 2:45pm CDT
1Big\ wrote:he did mention little things here and there that we have not heard about quite yet and its not entirely unimaginable that it is legit.


We will find out soon if this was truth or BS..
Re: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening (101236)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on April 27th, 2007 @ 2:45pm CDT
HA!I agree with Seibertron. It's a DUD!
Re: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening (101239)
Posted by Seibertron on April 27th, 2007 @ 2:50pm CDT
1Big\ wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Now it's time to review their review: I call shenanigans. Basically every scene that is mentioned in this review is something from one of the trailers or from the 4 scene preview I saw during Toy Fair week in New York. The exception, of course, is the vague description of Cybertron at the beginning of the review. The reviewer comments on just about every controversial bit of information from the movie from Prime's flames, lips, Starscream, Megatron ...

Shenanigans. Shenanigans. Shenanigans.



Well you did see nearly 30 minutes of the movie, so that is a good chunk. he did mention little things here and there that we have not heard about quite yet and its not entirely unimaginable that it is legit.


It was more like 20 minutes. I'd chalk up the small couple of things that we "learned" from this review as filler to add to the review.

If you were writing your first review ever for a website, would you keep dropping the "f" bomb throughout your FIRST review of a movie that supposedly no one in the general public has seen yet? Maybe they hired Shia LeBeuof to write the review. He seems to get a lot of favorable plugs in the review.
Re: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening (101244)
Posted by Switchpoint on April 27th, 2007 @ 2:55pm CDT
I never in my life thought I would hear the sencence: "I JUST SAW OPTIMUS PRIME IN AN ORGY OF KICKASSERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I think it's BS.
Re: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening (101248)
Posted by Sentinel Pax on April 27th, 2007 @ 2:58pm CDT
Even if this is fake, which it very well may be, it still got me amped for this movie all over again. If nothing else, it reminded me that Bay can direct action like nobody's business. I hope that Starscream shows up more than just at the end, though.
Re: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening (101250)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on April 27th, 2007 @ 3:01pm CDT
Apex Convoy wrote:Even if this is fake, which it very well may be, it still got me amped for this movie all over again.


Exactly what it did to me after reading it as well.
Re: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening (101254)
Posted by OptimusIsHot on April 27th, 2007 @ 3:09pm CDT
Man, that guy was hilarious. I like protoforms. Hey Ryan, did you get that movie clip thing I sent to you?
Re: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening (101263)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on April 27th, 2007 @ 3:16pm CDT
I should elaborate on my post...

I don't think the guy was out-and-out Lying. However, I do think that since he only goes into detail about parts of the movie that we've already heard about, this review is a little suspect.

Still, it got me MORE excited(if that's even possible) about seeing this movie.
8)
Re: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening (101269)
Posted by Robinson on April 27th, 2007 @ 3:22pm CDT
Ultra Magnus wrote:I should elaborate on my post...

I don't think the guy was out-and-out Lying. However, I do think that since he only goes into detail about parts of the movie that we've already heard about, this review is a little suspect.

Still, it got me MORE excited(if that's even possible) about seeing this movie.
8)


Its does make sense for him to do that though. We have known about these scenes, they have been spoiled time and time again. not every one wants everything spoiled for them so he "left out details" of scenes we havent seen so that when we do see the movie it doesnt feel like seeing a rerun since we already know exactly what will happen.
Re: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening (101271)
Posted by Kayevcee on April 27th, 2007 @ 3:26pm CDT
Switchpoint- indeed. I believe the correct form of the word is 'asskickery'.

-Nick
Re: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening (101281)
Posted by GetterDragun on April 27th, 2007 @ 3:34pm CDT
I think it is fake, but regardless it is probably how it is going to be...which is good.
Re: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening (101309)
Posted by Anonymous on April 27th, 2007 @ 4:02pm CDT
It talks about a "sword arm" in Optimus Prime. Energon axe, perhaps?
Re: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening (101323)
Posted by nelson_michaelbay_com on April 27th, 2007 @ 4:12pm CDT
Ultra Magnus wrote:I should elaborate on my post...

I don't think the guy was out-and-out Lying. However, I do think that since he only goes into detail about parts of the movie that we've already heard about, this review is a little suspect.

Still, it got me MORE excited(if that's even possible) about seeing this movie.
8)


While I sent Bay the UrL address to verify it...I have no idea if this is legit or not.

The omission of several scenes/money shots worries me, but at the same time he does mention something that is not common knowledge.

I'll keep you posted when I speak to Bay later this weekend.
Re: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening (101331)
Posted by Gaijin on April 27th, 2007 @ 4:22pm CDT
Whether he/she/it is a plant or not, the writer is a sex-depraved idiot. But, it still does not change my mind about wanting to see this film. I do and I will.
Re: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening (101345)
Posted by Seibertron on April 27th, 2007 @ 4:44pm CDT
nelson_michaelbay_com wrote:
Ultra Magnus wrote:I should elaborate on my post...

I don't think the guy was out-and-out Lying. However, I do think that since he only goes into detail about parts of the movie that we've already heard about, this review is a little suspect.

Still, it got me MORE excited(if that's even possible) about seeing this movie.
8)


While I sent Bay the UrL address to verify it...I have no idea if this is legit or not.

The omission of several scenes/money shots worries me, but at the same time he does mention something that is not common knowledge.

I'll keep you posted when I speak to Bay later this weekend.


Thank you for looking into this Nelson. We appreciate your efforts. :)
Re: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening (101358)
Posted by Spooner on April 27th, 2007 @ 5:13pm CDT
I'm jazzed about this movie no matter what - can't wait.
Re: AICN's review of Transformers Movie screening (101379)
Posted by Skowl on April 27th, 2007 @ 5:21pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
nelson_michaelbay_com wrote:

While I sent Bay the UrL address to verify it...I have no idea if this is legit or not.

The omission of several scenes/money shots worries me, but at the same time he does mention something that is not common knowledge.

I'll keep you posted when I speak to Bay later this weekend.


Thank you for looking into this Nelson. We appreciate your efforts. :)


Yes, thanks are in order.

Now here's my two cents...

[quote]prepare for cries of “PLANT!” [/quote]

I have no idea what that means.

[quote]Megan Fox (im sure that's no coincidence), I have no clue if she can act or not because I was fixated on her tits and ass whenever she was onscreen - pure sex (god bless you Michael Bay).[/quote]

Ok, here's where I have a problem. I cannot take very seriously any person who says something like this. You're reviewing a movie about robots, not Playboy.

"girl pretty, big chest, me drag knuckles on ground, Prime has flames, Og like"

And that is how you not write an intelligent review of a film.

And that is honestly when I stopped reading.