Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Alex Milne MTMTE Autobot Megatron Concept Sketch

Transformers News: Alex Milne MTMTE Autobot Megatron Concept Sketch

Wednesday, February 26th, 2014 11:19AM CST

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 18,047

Continuing in the build-up of teases for the new run of IDW Publishing's More Than Meets the Eye, with issue #28 hitting stores in April, regular series artist Alex Milne has tweeted his concept image for the new Autobot Megatron! Check out the mirrored image below.

Transformers News: Alex Milne MTMTE Autobot Megatron Concept Sketch
Credit(s): Alex Milne
Re: Alex Milne MTMTE Autobot Megatron Concept Sketch (1553704)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 26th, 2014 @ 11:41am CST
Really cool, I like this more than the recent body he had in RID, although this is basically that just in the MTMTE art style.
Just this one emulates a gun alt-mode and looks less like a tank. Check out the things on his shoulders that kinda look like the hammer of a gun.
Really cool, it's going to be really interesting to see how him being on the lost light is going to play out.
Re: Alex Milne MTMTE Autobot Megatron Concept Sketch (1553705)
Posted by rpetras on February 26th, 2014 @ 11:42am CST
Like the design :)

Miss the fusion cannon :(
Re: Alex Milne MTMTE Autobot Megatron Concept Sketch (1553706)
Posted by Shadowstream on February 26th, 2014 @ 11:50am CST
I love all of Milne's designs/redesigns so this gets 3 thumbs up from me! :grin:
Re: Alex Milne MTMTE Autobot Megatron Concept Sketch (1553709)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 26th, 2014 @ 11:56am CST
rpetras wrote:Like the design :)

Miss the fusion cannon :(

Oh god, I totally missed that! I was so into the design and its symmetry that I managed to miss the missing fusion cannon.
I wonder if he just doesn't have one now, or if it's simply not in this design. I guess he won't have it on the ship as a sort of safety rule.

Oh wait, I remember now this one issue in which Tarn quotes one of Megatron's writings, in it Megatron states that he will carry his weapon until peace has finally come, and the image shows him holding the fusion cannon in two hands like an offering.
So maybe he discards it before he joins the Lost Light?
Re: Alex Milne MTMTE Autobot Megatron Concept Sketch (1553713)
Posted by Joetx on February 26th, 2014 @ 12:06pm CST
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:I'd be willing to bet they announce that IDW Megatron as a voyager toyabout a month after Cloud Megatron releases.
Mhy a Voyager? There's already a Leader in the works.

I must have missed that. Crap.

Me too. Is this upcoming voyager Megatron a new mold or a retool/redeco?
Re: Alex Milne MTMTE Autobot Megatron Concept Sketch (1553715)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 26th, 2014 @ 12:13pm CST
Joetx wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mhy a Voyager? There's already a Leader in the works.

I must have missed that. Crap.

Me too. Is this upcoming voyager Megatron a new mold or a retool/redeco?

Not a Voyager, a new Leader Class mold, and apparently it's based on the idw design from RID, this one
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ith/28234/
Re: Alex Milne MTMTE Autobot Megatron Concept Sketch (1553719)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 26th, 2014 @ 12:34pm CST
I like it. I like it a lot.

I think I might prefer Andrew Griffith's design translated into a toy, though. Just a more "classic" look, I guess. I look forward to season two, though. And I can't wait to see the final design in the comics!
Re: Alex Milne MTMTE Autobot Megatron Concept Sketch (1553722)
Posted by megatronus on February 26th, 2014 @ 1:08pm CST
Joetx wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mhy a Voyager? There's already a Leader in the works.

I must have missed that. Crap.

Me too. Is this upcoming voyager Megatron a new mold or a retool/redeco?

The missed part was that a Leader Megs is in the works. Not a voyager.
Re: Alex Milne MTMTE Autobot Megatron Concept Sketch (1553732)
Posted by YoungPrime on February 26th, 2014 @ 1:47pm CST
This design needs a Generations "VOYAGER" class figure made ASAP!

With a Tarn repaint to follow...
Re: Alex Milne MTMTE Autobot Megatron Concept Sketch (1553762)
Posted by gigator39 on February 26th, 2014 @ 4:41pm CST
I'm really wishing for a Voyager of that RID tank Megs. Leader is just too big.Just like deluxe was too small. I was just looking at Classics Jetfire on my shelf and he already towers over most other figures. Imagining a new one that's twice as big is just too much. I think I'm going to pass on him completely. Ultra Magnus would make more sense as a leader to me.
Re: Alex Milne MTMTE Autobot Megatron Concept Sketch (1553892)
Posted by KnightStrike on February 27th, 2014 @ 10:09am CST
This just made my day! I am all for more Bluestreak! Very awesome :KREMZEEK:
Re: Alex Milne MTMTE Autobot Megatron Concept Sketch (1553909)
Posted by SentinelA on February 27th, 2014 @ 11:02am CST
WAIT...What the...He's wearing an Autobot symbol. Has anyone else notice this?
Re: Alex Milne MTMTE Autobot Megatron Concept Sketch (1553911)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 27th, 2014 @ 11:06am CST
SentinelA wrote:WAIT...What the...He's wearing an Autobot symbol. Has anyone else notice this?
Yep. That's old news. Saw it way back here first - http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/idw-transformers-dawn-of-the-autobots-teasers-megatron/29149/

It has to do with the post-Dark Cybertron event called "Dawn of the Autobots".
Re: Alex Milne MTMTE Autobot Megatron Concept Sketch (1554415)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 1st, 2014 @ 5:10pm CST
YoungPrime wrote:This design needs a Generations "LEADER" class figure made ASAP!

Fixed that for you.
And yes, Tarn would be nice too.
Re: Alex Milne MTMTE Autobot Megatron Concept Sketch (1557171)
Posted by daningotham on March 12th, 2014 @ 9:07pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:This is awesome:

Full Size

Those covers are SWEEEEEEET!!!
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars