Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Alfes2010 Pictorials Of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox

Transformers News: Alfes2010 Pictorials Of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox

Sunday, February 23rd, 2014 12:13AM CST

Categories: People News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 15,266

Blogger Alfes 2010 presents two new new mini galleries of Takara Tomy's TG-31 Rhinox and TG-30 Waspinator. Both figures have a darker metallic coloring to their paint and plastic deco, and as always, Alfes provides comparison shots with the lighter US versions to show off the differences.

Both figures are seeing full release in Japan now, and should see US online retail (BBTS, TFSource) sometime late this week/beginning of next.

Waspinator - http://higekumatoytoy.blog60.fc2.com/blog-entry-2189.html

Transformers News: Alfes2010 Pictorials Of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox

Transformers News: Alfes2010 Pictorials Of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox

Transformers News: Alfes2010 Pictorials Of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox

Rhinox - http://higekumatoytoy.blog60.fc2.com/blog-entry-2190.html

Transformers News: Alfes2010 Pictorials Of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox

Transformers News: Alfes2010 Pictorials Of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox

Transformers News: Alfes2010 Pictorials Of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox

Transformers News: Alfes2010 Pictorials Of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox

Credit(s): Alfes2010, Sabrblade
Re: Alfes2010 Pictorials Of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox (1552973)
Posted by Rockdown on February 23rd, 2014 @ 12:28am CST
The Hasbro version has superior colour.
Re: Alfes2010 Pictorials Of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox (1552976)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 23rd, 2014 @ 1:25am CST
Rockdown wrote:The Hasbro version has superior colour.

That gold plastic on Rhinox just screams GPS. It was said somewhere that Hasbro once claimed they've overcome the GPS problem, and from what I can tell, they have. I think the last figures to have problems were preview Starscream (Transformers 2007) and the Legends Scorponok (Energon subline of Transformers 2007)

I don't currently recall any other recent figures having a GPS problem (I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two, but hopefully I'm right and it's just those two) but that Rhinox just looks too scary to own.

I still worry about Leader Class Starscream from HFTD. It's one of my favorite LCs.
Re: Alfes2010 Pictorials Of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox (1552982)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 23rd, 2014 @ 3:19am CST
The more pics I see, the more annoyed I am. Neither the Hasbro nor the Takara versions are satisfying. The Hasbro versions aren't accurate and look really plasticy, and the Takara versions are mostly use show accurate shades of the colours, but decided to make all the organic robot-mode parts metallic while all the parts that are metallic in the show are matte plastic.

I'll just wait and see if one of them decided to release show accurate decoes down the line.
I know, I've been saying I'll get these, but yea not going to happen now.
Re: Alfes2010 Pictorials Of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox (1552998)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 23rd, 2014 @ 5:41am CST
Autobot032 wrote:
Rockdown wrote:The Hasbro version has superior colour.

That gold plastic on Rhinox just screams GPS.
What gold plastic?
Re: Alfes2010 Pictorials Of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox (1553015)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 23rd, 2014 @ 7:45am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
Rockdown wrote:The Hasbro version has superior colour.

That gold plastic on Rhinox just screams GPS.
What gold plastic?

All gold on either Rhinox should be paint, not plastic. Even the bronze colored hide of the Japanese version. Besides, not all gold plastic is prone to GPS.
Re: Alfes2010 Pictorials Of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox (1553043)
Posted by Delta Magnus on February 23rd, 2014 @ 10:34am CST
Waspinator looks so damn shiny! I'll be honest, if my budget wasn't so low ATM I'd buy him. I'm a sucker for metallic paint.
Re: Alfes2010 Pictorials Of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox (1553072)
Posted by Sodan-1 on February 23rd, 2014 @ 2:38pm CST

Still haven't figured out which of the Waspinators I have a preference for.
Re: Alfes2010 Pictorials Of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox (1553089)
Posted by Manterax Prime on February 23rd, 2014 @ 3:57pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:The Hasbro versions aren't accurate and look really plasticy, and the Takara versions are mostly use show accurate shades of the colours

That's where you're WRONG. Hasbro's Waspinator IS ACCURATE! Takara's isn't. Why do people keep saying it is???
Here's a tidbit from a previous post of mine.
Case in point: Waspinator. In the show, Waspy is a combination of green, light green, yellow, along w/ forest green on his bot mode eyes and beast mode mandibles . These colors are present on Hasbro's Waspinator, whereas Takara's Waspinator is a metallic forest green nearly everywhere w/ gold.
And yet I've seen people saying that Takara's is accurate. Sadly they are wrong.
Re: Alfes2010 Pictorials Of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox (1553092)
Posted by Delta Magnus on February 23rd, 2014 @ 4:05pm CST
You do have a point, although the actual finish on the Takara version looks more accurate- Waspinator always had that pearlescent metallic sheen. Also, accuracy aside, I think the metallics just look better.
Re: Alfes2010 Pictorials Of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox (1553095)
Posted by dragons on February 23rd, 2014 @ 4:21pm CST
Sodan-1 wrote:I find it so frustrating that Hasbro didn't bother painting the gun barrel blades given the paint effort that went into the main figure. Definitely a bit of a conundrum there.

Still haven't figured out which of the Waspinators I have a preference for.

shocking thing neither did takara expected to do so,

but as of any member prefer Hasbro over takara, takra looks shiny from hasbro other members it depends on there likeness of colors, what looks better to them everyone has different things to like
Re: Alfes2010 Pictorials Of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox (1553207)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 24th, 2014 @ 9:28am CST
Manterax Prime wrote:

Here's a tidbit from a previous post of mine.

Nope sorry, you may have misread where I said that both are inaccurate by both companies.
The Takara dark green is the shade of dark green Hasbro needs to use for the dark green parts, other than that their colour layout is more show accurate than Takara's, while looking very plasticy. Which was my complaint from the beginning.
I would like the metal parts to use a plastic with a metallic sheen or metallic paint with the animal parts being more matte, which neither does.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars