Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art

Transformers News: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art

Friday, May 17th, 2013 11:34AM CDT

Category: People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,694

Our friend Ken Christiansen continues to reveal his Aligned Continuity concept art. Earlier this week we got a look at his Optimus Prime truck mode, today we get Megatron in tank form. Click here to visit Ken's blog, Bad Flip Productions, to read more. Ken can also be found on facebook at: Bad Flip Productions

Last but not least, don't forget to visit Ken at this year's BotCon Artist Alley!

Ken Christiansen wrote:The assignment was to envision a near-future tank, so I did a few quick sketches, got feedback from Siebenaler, and actually only did a colored line art pass, because of a time crunch. After the presentation and following feedback, I was asked to render it fully, with no changes, along with the Prime truck, that was also initially done as colored line art, for the same pitch.

Re: Aligned Optimus Prime Truck Mode Concept Art
Credit(s): Ken Christiansen
Re: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art (1488027)
Posted by Eagleblaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 11:45am CDT
Are you kidding me. That's the best Megatron alt mode I ever saw.
I hope that these are going to be the movie figures. Hasbro pull out all the tricks for that figure. Make sure it has everything good.

I'm waiting for these live action movie toys. I'm going to open a savings account just for those figures, lml.

AND PLEASE, I NEED A LEADER MEGATRON.
Re: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art (1488028)
Posted by 1984forever on May 17th, 2013 @ 11:52am CDT
Re: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art (1488047)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 1:29pm CDT
84forever wrote:Hasbro seems to like the idea of Megatron being an earth tank with a G1 color scheme, so why isn't this tank on TV or store shelves? A retooled, recolored and enlarged universe G2 Megatron is a quick and easy step towards turning this concept into reality.

The Legends figure?

Re: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art (1488054)
Posted by Hotrodimust on May 17th, 2013 @ 2:36pm CDT
I like the prime as much as I like IDW prime but megatron I do not like as an earth tank I just don't sorry
Re: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art (1488056)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 17th, 2013 @ 2:47pm CDT
That'd make a a good Blitzwing.
Re: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art (1488157)
Posted by 1984forever on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:37pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

The Legends figure?

I was talking about retooling and enlarging the deluxe mold to give it two hands and a proper fusion cannon. Upsizing the legends figure is too cheap a move, even for Hasbro.
Re: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art (1488162)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:48pm CDT
84forever wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

The Legends figure?

Hmm...

...Maybe. I have this one. It's not exactly the best in the world (the Classics Voyager is much more fun), but it makes a decent Classics Megatron if anyone missed out on the Voyager. Neuter the Beast Wars Dinobot gimmick, give him an elbow joint and a hand. It might work, but I'm a little skeptic about it.

I would love to have a Megatron based off this design very much. Just... not with the movie aesthetic.
Re: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art (1488164)
Posted by Eagleblaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:52pm CDT
84forever wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

The Legends figure?

I see that you do not like this gorgeous Megatron concept. Its sounds like you want your Megatron figure to be like that not good flying leader Megatron from the 2007 live action movie and you probably want it colored like that rainbow cybertron leader Megatron.
Re: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art (1488169)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:59pm CDT
Eagleblaster wrote:

We're saying that we want a tank Megatron. I'm not understanding the logic of this statement. :HEADHURTS:

[quote]...and you probably want it colored like that rainbow cybertron leader Megatron.[/quote]

Re: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art (1488170)
Posted by MR Optimus Prime on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:03pm CDT
We want Megatron in SOME kind of REAL earth mode, and not a flying scrap heap.
Re: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art (1488172)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:08pm CDT
MR Optimus Prime wrote:We want Megatron in SOME kind of REAL earth mode, and not a flying scrap heap.

Eh, I wouldn't say that. Prime Megatron's jet mode looks cool, it certainly pulls it off much more effectively than the 2007 movie did. >:oP
Re: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art (1488173)
Posted by Eagleblaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:09pm CDT

Exactly, you couldn't have said it any better :APPLAUSE:
Re: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art (1488181)
Posted by Trikeboy on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:19pm CDT
So far, we have had two designs from the Aligned Continuity and both are clear winners. Why are they able to produce these awesome concept art but can't get the three main forms of products to look like them (toy, comic, show)? The point of the Aligned Continuity was to bring everything together wasn't it?
Re: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art (1488185)
Posted by Eagleblaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:31pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Eagleblaster wrote:

[/quote]

Re: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art (1488187)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:37pm CDT
Eagleblaster wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Eagleblaster wrote:

No not intended for you Mindmaster even though you don't like those great movie figurs. And I know why cyberton Megatron was colored like Unicron but I just didn't like it. I was talking to 84forever cause he said something about it being the G1 color ang being a earth mode.[/quote]

Revenge of the Fallen Bludgeon, among others, were good. I just don't like the fiction because the robots come as unemotional and obnoxious in my opinion. And the Dark of the Moon toyline just wasn't good.

A Generation One Megatron in a tank form has been done before, using the aforementioned Classics Deluxe.

Granted, it's not grey, but it looks good in white.
Re: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art (1488196)
Posted by Eagleblaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 11:09pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Eagleblaster wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Eagleblaster wrote:

[/quiet]

Granted, it's not grey, but it looks good in white.
[/quote]

That's good, at least you like one movie figure. And that black and white and red Megatron you just posted color scheme looks kind of alrit. I wouldn't mind if the concept Megatron had those colors but not rainbow colors. This is the 2014 live action movie not the 80s and 90s cartoons.
Re: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art (1488197)
Posted by Eagleblaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 11:09pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Eagleblaster wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Eagleblaster wrote:

[/quiet]

Granted, it's not grey, but it looks good in white.
[/quote]

That's good, at least you like one movie figure. And that black and white and red Megatron you just posted color scheme looks kind of alrit. I wouldn't mind if the concept Megatron had those colors but nothing more.
Re: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art (1488200)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 17th, 2013 @ 11:17pm CDT

Eagleblaster wrote:Are you kidding me. That's the best Megatron alt mode I ever saw.

AND PLEASE, I NEED A LEADER MEGATRON.
This is Aligned Continuity Megatron, not Movieverse Continuity Megatron.

Trikeboy wrote:So far, we have had two designs from the Aligned Continuity and both are clear winners.
Two? This and the Optimus truck are the seventh and eighth reveals in a long line of Aligned Continuity character concept art reveals from the Binder of Revelation. ;)
Re: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art (1488206)
Posted by Eagleblaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 11:31pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:This reminds me of the tank mode Megatron has in the Transformers Legends mobile game.

AND PLEASE, I NEED A LEADER MEGATRON.
This is Aligned Continuity Megatron, not Movieverse Continuity Megatron.

Re: Aligned Megatron Tank Mode Concept Art (1488212)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 17th, 2013 @ 11:52pm CDT
Eagleblaster wrote:Oh, its not going to be a good ole bayformer. But in my opinion Sabrblade. They shouldn't use this awesome Megatron concept for anything other than a 2014 live action movie leader class Megatron. Unless they come up with an even better concept.All the current leader Megatrons have something holding them back from being good figures.
Again, this design isn't for Movieverse Megatron at all. It's for the Megatron from WFC/Exodus/Prime/Exiles/FOC/etc.

Plus, Movie Megs is dead. Twice over. Bringing him back again for Movie 4 would just be repetitive, unimaginative, and boring. Let some other Con leader get his turn in the sun. Movie Megs was sick of the war by Movie 3 and died without putting up a fight. Let him rest in peace, finally free from the turmoil of his warmongering actions.

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers G1 Perceptor, near complete - Time Remaining: 7 days 14 hours 43 minutes 57 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Optimus Prime ***BRAND NEW*** - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 44 minutes 29 seconds
Vintage G1 Transformers Grapple - Time Remaining: 7 days 14 hours 59 minutes 30 seconds
MISB in USA - Transformers Cloud Series TFC-D04 Hellwarp w/ Comic Takara - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 14 minutes 39 seconds
RATTRAP w/ IDW Comic - TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS FOC Deluxe Figure - NEW - Time Remaining: 15 days 9 hours 45 minutes 37 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Megatron ***BRAND NEW*** - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 59 seconds
Hasbro Transformers G1 Tracks, near complete - Time Remaining: 7 days 14 hours 31 minutes 11 seconds
MEGATRON ~ TITANIUM SERIES~ TRANSFORMERS~Loose Complete - Time Remaining: 6 days 21 hours 16 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory