Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images

Transformers News: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images

Sunday, August 31st, 2014 4:27AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 29,947

Transformers Colombia, a Facebook fan page, has provided the first official in and out of package images of the upcoming Age Of Extinction G1 Deco Voyager Slog, courtesy of group member Felipe León Nájera. Slog is an Amazon.com exclusive and can be preordered here. (His release date is scheduled for December 15th, but dates are not always set in stone.)

Slog shares the same deco as the G1 Dinobot set from this years San Diego Comic Con. You can see more of that set here.

You can see the regular retail release in our always detailed, always awesome figure galleries, by clicking right here!

We've mirrored the updated images below:

Transformers News: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images

Transformers News: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images

Transformers News: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images

Credit(s): Felipe León Nájera, Transformers Colombia
Re: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images (1603089)
Posted by megatronus on August 31st, 2014 @ 7:14am CDT
1. I'm very, very excited for these Platinum sets. That Platinum Leader Grimlock is the best of the bunch, I think.

2. G1-deco Slog looks awesome! Can't wait for Amazon to ship him out.
Re: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images (1603137)
Posted by Fifo on August 31st, 2014 @ 12:51pm CDT
I really like this figure, even more so now that I have removed all those weird clunky weapons, even down to the black pegs that hold the lances. He now looks sleek and uncomplicated, and actually like a dinosaur.

Personally I don't think Dinobots need these weapons; they can rely on their sheer brute force. But Slog and Slug suffered the most by poor incorporation into the figure.
Re: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images (1603154)
Posted by DMSL on August 31st, 2014 @ 1:51pm CDT
I am passing on this and all of the AOE Dinosaurs, i think they all look terrible. Way too simplistic in design and there is no consistency colour wise.
Re: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images (1603157)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 31st, 2014 @ 1:55pm CDT
Huh, not too shabby. I'd get him and the other G1 repaints from wherever, but I find myself wanting the main line figures more.
Re: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images (1603177)
Posted by RotorstormNZ on August 31st, 2014 @ 3:33pm CDT
I still don't like the lances but I think this guy looks pretty cool, especially in these colours. Nice work Hasbro.
Re: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images (1603282)
Posted by RhA on September 1st, 2014 @ 7:57am CDT
That Slog looks like he's wearing wooden shoes.

Isn't that funny?
Re: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images (1603303)
Posted by Rated X on September 1st, 2014 @ 10:19am CDT
December ? I thought it was shipping in September around the same time as the SDCC sets ship from Hasbro.com ?

For what it's worth the regular Slog is starting to show up in Walmarts. (Miami) So don't go paying crackhead prices online for the regular version. I bought one. He is an awesome figure. But mine was missing those pegs on his neck to put the lances. I was fortunate enough to find another one and exchange him in another Walmart. Saw Drift and passed. Ugh...
Re: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images (1603342)
Posted by shajaki on September 1st, 2014 @ 1:26pm CDT
got the SDCC dinos on the way so sludge is an obvious buy. im a little bummed that his dino head/neck isnt gold chromed, but i love his bright blue visor.
Re: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images (1603410)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 1st, 2014 @ 4:15pm CDT
Straight from site sponser Robot Kingdom's Facebook page, we have news that, with the purchase of an Age of Extinction Platinum Edition set, a single figure stand will be included, free of charge! Hurry up, though; the stands are on a first-come-first-serve basis!

Sets that qualify for this offering are:

* Breakout Scene
* Optimus Prime and Grimlock
* First Edition Optimus Prime with Sideswipe and a retooled version of MP-10's trailer
* Dinobot Five-pack
* Autobots United Five-pack

Start your online shopping spree for these sets to get in on this exclusive offer!

Re: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images (1603413)
Posted by Samsonator on September 1st, 2014 @ 4:23pm CDT
Oh look, Tamashii stages
Re: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images (1603414)
Posted by Dead Metal on September 1st, 2014 @ 4:27pm CDT
Samsonator wrote:Oh look, Tamashii stages

Just what I was about to say.
Re: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images (1603416)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 1st, 2014 @ 4:32pm CDT
Is there a reason we can't get these stands in the US without ordering from an overseas store.
Re: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images (1603423)
Posted by TransformersFan89 on September 1st, 2014 @ 5:20pm CDT
Hey I was wondering about something... I saw that it said on the robot kingdom website that the breakout battle set will be available on September 1st but I've seen on other sites that it won't be released until November... Which one is correct? Also are the prices that we're listed for the ale platinum sets the online prices or are they the in store prices?
Re: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images (1603428)
Posted by Seibertron on September 1st, 2014 @ 5:31pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
Samsonator wrote:Oh look, Tamashii stages

Just what I was about to say.

Wow ... the stands look identical (minus the tf4 logo) to the Tamashii stands. Is Hasbro licensing the stands from Bandai? How does this work? Very interesting ...

Re: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images (1603460)
Posted by TransformersFan89 on September 1st, 2014 @ 7:58pm CDT
Just an update to my last post--I accidentally typed "ale platinum sets" but I meant to put "AOE platinum sets". Sorry. Typo.
Re: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images (1603489)
Posted by MGrotusque on September 1st, 2014 @ 11:30pm CDT
It's nice that they are giving away these stands for free but the are incredibly weak and i found to require a lot of trial and error getting the sweet spot so that it doesn't fall apart under the weight of a figure.
Be warned.....that's my experience with the two stands i purchased years back.
Re: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images (1603617)
Posted by Dr Va'al on September 2nd, 2014 @ 11:58am CDT
Have you ever thought what goes into creating the toys, other than design and production, plastic and rubber? Thanks to a tip from Seibertron.com user and voice actor jON3.0, we get a look at voice talents, among others, Rick Sellers, Brad Henderson, Walt Wise, and producer Wes McCraw talking and testing the recordings for the Transformers: Age of Extinction toy line, from Grimlock and Lockdown to Stinger and Bumblebee! Check out the embedded clip below.

Re: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images (1603624)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 2nd, 2014 @ 12:44pm CDT
And... just, which toys are they recording these for, exactly?

Looking over lists of AOE toys, I can't see any that make use of any electronic sounds aside from Chomp & Stomp Grimlock.
Re: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images (1603627)
Posted by Dr Va'al on September 2nd, 2014 @ 12:50pm CDT
That was my exact same question. Also unanswered.

Maybe it's a feature of Chomp and Stomp Grimlock, when interacting with the small figures? I can't remember if any review shows if that feature is actually a thing or not. :-?
Re: Amazon Exclusive AOE G1 Deco Slog Official Images (1603639)
Posted by TulioDude on September 2nd, 2014 @ 1:49pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:And... just, which toys are they recording these for, exactly?

Yeah,thats what I am curious about.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem