Transformers News: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories

Thursday, March 21st, 2013 8:28AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 27,129

As has been the case with the past few Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece figures Amazon Japan will be throwing in exclusive accessories with the upcoming MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak figures. Each figure will come with a G1 style shoulder weapon, so fans will need both if they want to display one or the other with a pair. Check out the images mirrored below.

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images

Re: MP Prowl & Streak - Official Images
Credit(s): Amazon Japan
Re: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories (1473297)
Posted by Powered Convoy on March 21st, 2013 @ 8:50am CDT
Article should be corrected.

Each figure only comes with one rocket launcher. You have to buy both to have them displayed with one on each shoulder.

Randy
Re: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories (1473298)
Posted by AutoBorst on March 21st, 2013 @ 8:53am CDT
I knew it. I knew those silly barrel launchers were going to be optional. But only comes with one? That's just plain stupid. Well, so much for pre-ordering these.

I'll wait and see if Hasbro will be releasing these in the U.S. I'm sure if they do they'll do the right thing and include both. They seem to have a little more common sense with their MP releases.
Re: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories (1473299)
Posted by VioMeTriX on March 21st, 2013 @ 8:56am CDT
Powered Convoy wrote:Article should be corrected.

Randy

you are wrong my friend, they come as a pair... no ifs ands or butts about it. I think these should come with all of the figures, these are the accurate shoulder cannons, not the flip out things that look like cheap pipes. now takara has dropped the ball
Re: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories (1473301)
Posted by rpetras on March 21st, 2013 @ 8:59am CDT
I'm probably not going to bother tracking these down.

I did for the Sideswipe & Soundwave exclusive accessories, only to have Dr Wu put out similar sets for the figures that, IMO, were better, and overall would have cost less.
Re: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories (1473304)
Posted by El Duque on March 21st, 2013 @ 9:00am CDT
Powered Convoy wrote:Article should be corrected.

Randy

Done.
Re: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories (1473309)
Posted by megatronus on March 21st, 2013 @ 9:23am CDT
This is quite silly.

If the MP line is meant to be G1 cartoon/toy accurate, than these accessories should have been included from the get-go, as they correspond more closely to the character model of the cartoon and the original toy than the shoulder barrels we've seen previously.

I got Sideswipe's official pile drivers for the sake of supporting the official brand (and for completeness's sake), even though I will never display Sideswipe with those accessories. I felt no need to get Soundwave's Amazon cube since it was simply an extra one, identical to the one he already came with.

In this case... I need to get them... these are accessories I would actually display. I guess Prowl & Bluestreak are getting preordered at Robotkingdom... ugh.

:HEADHURTS:
Re: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories (1473310)
Posted by F Prime on March 21st, 2013 @ 9:24am CDT
VioMeTriX wrote:
Powered Convoy wrote:Article should be corrected.

Randy

I think there are ifs, ands, and butts here. :) From everything I have seen you only get one of these or you have to do with the stupid flip out things which you (very) accurately described as looking like cheap pipes.
Re: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories (1473312)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on March 21st, 2013 @ 9:39am CDT
Not cool. I thought that the amazon pre-order included BOTH rockets.

This kinda kills my order for prowl. >:oP

Seems like accessories with the smaller sized figures are getting lesser. And the rockets are a pretty vital piece to their look, IMO, should have came packed with the figure. :-(
Re: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories (1473314)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 21st, 2013 @ 9:51am CDT
I'm glad they found SOME way to get these out, even if as a store exclusive. (And Amazon is pretty easy to get access to.)

From interviews, it sounds like Takara gave these a really low price point/low budget for a masterpiece figure... to the point that the designer thought it might not be possible. All that said, them figuring out a way to get the figures and parts out in SOME way is commendable... not to mention finding a way to give us a show AND toy accurate version. Bravo.
Re: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories (1473332)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 21st, 2013 @ 11:33am CDT
If one were to get both to get two rocket launchers, but torn between which figure to give both to, I'd say to give them to Streak, since he had the shoulder cannons in the cartoon, whereas Prowl did not.
Re: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories (1473337)
Posted by Ravage XK on March 21st, 2013 @ 11:42am CDT
Out of interest I tried to see if I could pre-order these from amazon.co.jp and have them sent to me in the UK but they don't allow that. Booo.

I wondered if Amazon.co.jp allowed you to pre-pay import fees like Amazon.com does.
Re: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories (1473338)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 21st, 2013 @ 11:44am CDT
I'm really craving these guys. If I muster up enough money, I'll try and take a dive at Silverstreak over there.

I prefer Silverstreak over Bluestreak or Streak. Sounds cooler.
Re: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories (1473340)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 21st, 2013 @ 11:49am CDT
At first these accessories being exclusive bothered me, but seeing them in detail... meh, they look a little too chunky. Kinda silly. I can live with the built-in ones. I'm sure someone will repro them soon enough anyway.
Re: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories (1473343)
Posted by #Sideways# on March 21st, 2013 @ 12:01pm CDT
These remind me a LOT of the rocket (Flamethrower) on Jazz's shoulder.

Speaking of Jazz, I really hope that the next Masterpiece is him... He kind of needs that treatment.
Re: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories (1473346)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 21st, 2013 @ 12:22pm CDT
Agreed on Jazz next!

I'm going to be upset if these four below don't get issued — for being an iconic character or unique visual mold from the season 1 lineup. (And honestly, the iGear minibots and Ironhide/Ratchet can act as a passable stand in for those characters if we never get a Masterpiece version.)

Jazz (and Stepper)
Mirage (and Diaclone Red)
Sunstreaker (and Diaclone Red)
Wheeljack (and Marlboor, Slicer)

From the Minibots:
Bumblebee
Cliffjumper

I get these above, I'll rest my case... like, forever. But of course, I'd still buy the rest of the "deluxe" car lineup... I think a jeep, trucks, van are really unique vehicles to add to the lineup... plus a vintage Corvette is always a sexy choice.
Hound (and Detritus)
Tracks (and Road Rage)
Trailbreaker / Hoist
Ironhide / Ratchet
Re: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories (1473364)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 21st, 2013 @ 2:44pm CDT
Meh, Amazon exclusive.

I'll just wait for Dr. Wu to work his magic, you just know that he will.
Re: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories (1473372)
Posted by Sinnertwin on March 21st, 2013 @ 3:11pm CDT
Back to the group shot, im thinking that TT are showing us more than just a scale comparison. Then again, i could just be reading too much into.it
Re: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories (1473375)
Posted by gothsaurus on March 21st, 2013 @ 3:26pm CDT
Yeegads man. If that were the case... and we got a G1 Barricade repaint/retool and then Jazz.... wow. That would be amazing.

As much as I hesitate to use the Bay emoticon, maybe this would warrant it?

:michaelbay:
Re: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories (1473407)
Posted by Bowspearer on March 21st, 2013 @ 6:39pm CDT
@!%$#$%#@$%$#%@#@$ Amazon and Takara! Seriously! I can understand then pulling that line with Sideswipe's Jackhammers as they didn't show up that much compared to his piledrivers, but the toy accurate launchers on the Datsuns, especially with Prowl, are completely different. If any launchers had to be offered as Amazon Exclusives, why wasn't it the "cartoon accurate" ones?

Not. Happy. Jan!!!!
Re: Amazon Japan Reveals Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Accessories (1473419)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on March 21st, 2013 @ 7:23pm CDT
Don't really care for the launchers. I'm only getting Prowl, anyway, who (I think) never did use shoulder launchers in the G1 cartoon. Even if he did, the built-in ones are good enough for me.

I've got no sense of nostalgia for the original G1 toy either, since I never owned one as a kid. The launchers honestly don't mean much to me.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Cybertron Leader Class Galaxy Force Optimus Prime Black variant - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 26 minutes 27 seconds
TRANSFORMERS TAKARA TOMY MASTERPIECE RATCHET MP-30 - Time Remaining: 27 days 1 hour 58 minutes 49 seconds
BLITZWING 1985 Hasbro TRANSFORMERS Triple Changer G1 - Time Remaining: 6 days 15 hours 59 minutes 18 seconds
TRANSFORMERS STARSCREAM Cybertron Action Figure w/Cyber Key 18" COMPLETE 2005 - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 24 seconds
Transformers universe 2.0 LONGHAUL devastator constructicons complete target - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 45 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers G1 Terrorcons BLOT With Decoy RAVAGE Complete In Open Package - Time Remaining: 6 days 13 hours 17 minutes 42 seconds
2007 Transformers Movie One 1 Figure MOC - AUTOBOT JAZZ Automorph Technology - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 48 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers G1 Dinobot "SNARL" Unbroken Sealed Weapons Complete VINTAGE 1985 - Time Remaining: 6 days 14 hours 19 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory