Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error

Transformers News: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error

Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 11:25AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,885

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

It seemed too good to be true and apparently it was. Over the weekend we reported that a listing for Masterpiece Optimus Prime had popped up on Amazon.co.uk for the incredibly low price of £34.99 (about $57.00 USD). We're now receiving reports from Seibertron.com members that their orders are being cancelled due to a pricing error. It appears that the listing was indeed for Masterpiece Optimus Prime, but the price was wrong. Seibertron.com member megatronus has supplied us with the email below from Amazon.co.uk customer service. As you can see they do plan on stocking the figure, but at a higher price.

Hello

We’re writing to let you know that the price for the following item(s) was displayed incorrectly when you placed your order:

'Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime' (ASIN: B00AJJ6H0E)

Despite our best efforts, with the millions of items available on our website, pricing errors can occasionally occur.

In our Conditions of Use and Sale (see http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/custome ... Id=1040616), we state that where an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, cancel the order and notify you of that cancellation.

Your order has now been cancelled. If you still want to purchase this item, please place a new order which will be charged at the correct price, when we dispatch it to you.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused and hope to see you again soon.

Warmest regards

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk
Credit(s): megatronus, jasonw, james smith
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451292)
Posted by Gorechyld on January 3rd, 2013 @ 11:50am CST
Hahahahahahaahah take THAT all you greedy scalping assholes who bought 10 at a time! :lol:

Seriously tho, this has got to be the juiciest justice I've seen in a long time cause you know scalpers and the like were just scooping these things up. To all those who legitimately thought you'd get it at a cheaper price, that sucks that you were misled. But come on...coooooome on! You didn't believe that price point for even a second did you?
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451294)
Posted by ReinaHW on January 3rd, 2013 @ 11:56am CST
Sorry to burst your bubble of misinformation, but many of us aren't scalpers. We were hoping that Hasbro was going to finally prove that they weren't completely obsessed with churning out Bumblebee after Bumblebee for once.
I ordered one MP-10 for my collection, I didn't order any more. I'm hoping he'll appear for a reasonable price soon, but I doubt it.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451295)
Posted by Transformers Hoarder on January 3rd, 2013 @ 11:57am CST
Nooooo!!!
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451302)
Posted by Dean ML on January 3rd, 2013 @ 12:07pm CST
Gorechyld wrote:Hahahahahahaahah take THAT all you greedy scalping assholes who bought 10 at a time! :lol:

Seriously tho, this has got to be the juiciest justice I've seen in a long time cause you know scalpers and the like were just scooping these things up. To all those who legitimately thought you'd get it at a cheaper price, that sucks that you were misled. But come on...coooooome on! You didn't believe that price point for even a second did you?


Considering I just bought DotM Jetwing OP 50% off from Amazon - yes, I did believe it.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451304)
Posted by Transformers Hoarder on January 3rd, 2013 @ 12:10pm CST
Dean ML wrote:
Gorechyld wrote:Hahahahahahaahah take THAT all you greedy scalping assholes who bought 10 at a time! :lol:

Seriously tho, this has got to be the juiciest justice I've seen in a long time cause you know scalpers and the like were just scooping these things up. To all those who legitimately thought you'd get it at a cheaper price, that sucks that you were misled. But come on...coooooome on! You didn't believe that price point for even a second did you?


Considering I just bought DotM Jetwing OP 50% off from Amazon - yes, I did believe it.


I did too :(
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451305)
Posted by Erailea on January 3rd, 2013 @ 12:12pm CST
Gorechyld wrote:Hahahahahahaahah take THAT all you greedy scalping assholes who bought 10 at a time! :lol:

Seriously tho, this has got to be the juiciest justice I've seen in a long time cause you know scalpers and the like were just scooping these things up. To all those who legitimately thought you'd get it at a cheaper price, that sucks that you were misled. But come on...coooooome on! You didn't believe that price point for even a second did you?


While there were undoubtedly scalpers who placed orders, I wager there were just as many, if not more, collectors, general fans who occasionally purchase a figure and parents who ordered too. This is a blow to those who genuinely wanted it and thought they could get the figure at a discount. Not everyone can afford the $112+ TRU is charging for the figure and many can't even find him in store to buy.

All this will do is make the figure more profitable for scalpers. Those who were deceived by the price and desperately wanted the figure will now turn back to ebay in hopes of scoring him. Things like this always run up the scalping prices :/
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451306)
Posted by Bruticusfan7 on January 3rd, 2013 @ 12:13pm CST
It's a real shame, looked like a brilliant figure and really wanted it for the price but just can't justify a 3 figure price point :sad:

I want to know who wrote in the review section on amazon for the listing, telling amazon it's really a £200 figure !!!!! Seriously you guys should check it out :BOT:
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451310)
Posted by jindrak on January 3rd, 2013 @ 12:38pm CST
I was about 25% in belief- due in part to both the Jetwing OP and past instances where Amazon has honored pricing errors. But for this one, it was just TOO good to be true. It was almost less than the aforementioned Jetwing, and for some reason, was calculating cheaper for foreign orders.

I for one am not shocked, but I am a bit dissappointed. I was hoping for another OP to display in alt mode. This is one of those toys that you would love to display in both modes. Oh well, I had already braced myself for the news.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451315)
Posted by DPrime on January 3rd, 2013 @ 1:02pm CST
"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" *in Darth Vaders voice*

Now I'm glad I imported 1 last summer and got a lucky preorder in through tru because I knew crap like this and tru would happen. I am pretty close to giving up collecting because its getting pretty annoying having to deal with these dumb companies and stupid scalpers. I fully blame scalpers for what's going on with the in store prices for figures. People who don't give a rats ass about transformers are running around preying on fans of the franchise by buying up everything. The supply and demand is all messed up because of scalpers and hasbro knows that so they raise the price on everything. 2012 I freakin bought almost everything and I don't even want to know how much I spent. 2 mp primes, 1mp Thundercracker, 1 mp red alert, G2 Bruticus, foc sdcc Bruticus, sdcc Shockwave and Destro, all the foc figures including Soundblaster and Soundwave, Prime 1st edition, and a bunch of generations and universe figures. That's a lot of damn dough and I'm leaving out my joe purchases. I think I'm going to cut back and only buy masterpieces from now on because this is getting nuts. I remember when you were able to buy 2 of everything without breaking your wallet or worrying about having to call 50 stores to see if a figure was in. This really sucks for people who can't afford mp Prime because he's awesome. To be honest though he's not worth $100 or $179 which is how much I paid for the 2 I have. These should be $60 figures and not a dime more. Good luck to all the true fans on getting Prime for a reasonable price and thanks to all the scalpers for adding 15 mp primes to their cart that probably alerted them that something was wrong with the price. Greedy bastards. :-x
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451317)
Posted by sagia on January 3rd, 2013 @ 1:12pm CST
Of course it is a mistake. MP-10 for 30-40 GBP? Hehh, why would they do this? It was bought up in the US for more than 100 USD...
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451318)
Posted by Ravage XK on January 3rd, 2013 @ 1:14pm CST
Wow, what a defeatist bunch!

We don't know what the correct price will be, we may not be getting it at £35 but we may still get a good deal. So don't log into eBay just yet.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451319)
Posted by ReinaHW on January 3rd, 2013 @ 1:16pm CST
Considering that the shelves are once again clogged with Bumblebee's, then it isn't hard to be fed up of Hasbro and their pathetic notion of what to release in the UK.
With MP-Thundercracker canceled for the UK, then it's very likely that the same will happen with MP-10 while we get yet more Bumblebee's.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451321)
Posted by mooncake623 on January 3rd, 2013 @ 1:20pm CST
What Bumblebees are guys clogged with at this moment? since prid bumblebee has come and gone in the US. there are actually very little bumblebees in the US shelves right now.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451323)
Posted by neliz on January 3rd, 2013 @ 1:23pm CST
Ravage XK wrote:Me too, bumsy. :(

I blame everyone who kept email amazon asking "is this right?" Should of left it alone and me might have gotten away with it! ;)


I Agree.
The only thing those paranoid folks did is arouse suspicion @Amazon, making them double/triple check their pricing.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451324)
Posted by ReinaHW on January 3rd, 2013 @ 1:24pm CST
In the UK we have PRID Bumblebee, Stealth PRID Bumblebee, Weaponizer Bumblebee, Cyberverse Bumblebee, DOTM Bumblebee, Bot Shots Bumblebee. Basically we have more Bumblebee on the shelves than anything else, it's been that way for a while.
Beofre long we'll have a lot of Beast Hunter Bumblebee and his many repaints and slight retools - Bumblbee with spikes, Bumblebee with spikes on spikes, Bumblebee with spikes on spikes on spikes in black.

The chance of MP-10 being released in the UK are very slim.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451325)
Posted by mooncake623 on January 3rd, 2013 @ 1:26pm CST
They will have it back up sooner or later. just at a higher price. which should still be better then ebay price I think
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451326)
Posted by SkyWarpsGhost on January 3rd, 2013 @ 1:37pm CST
I had two (to display one as bot and one in alt) pre-ordered with Amazon.co.uk. I'm more annoyed with Amazon that they don't even list the cancelled item in 'your orders' and just send an email, with no evidence that I'd even made the order in the first place.
I would have liked them/amazon to admit they made a mistake, and to ask if I'd like to be put on a first refusal type list. Instead of having to check forums etc every bloody day until they relist it, if they even do.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451329)
Posted by dedcat on January 3rd, 2013 @ 1:42pm CST
I swear there was an audible 'wah wah waaahhh' after I read this headline.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451333)
Posted by southpawdragon on January 3rd, 2013 @ 1:59pm CST
I blame the moron who posted in the amazon uk that the price is too good to be true and to the ones that chatted with amazon remarking how unbelievable the price is. When I chatted with them I was specific in only asking if its amazon itself selling it not a third party and if its not masterpiece prime since there is no pictures if it was returnable.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451335)
Posted by neliz on January 3rd, 2013 @ 2:01pm CST
southpawdragon wrote:I blame the moron who posted in the amazon uk that the price is too good to be true and to the ones that chatted with amazon remarking how unbelievable the price is. When I chatted with them I was specific in only asking if its amazon itself selling it not a third party and if its not masterpiece prime since there is no pictures if it was returnable.


If you want to go on an internet crusade against them, I'll be happy to ride under your flag!
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451336)
Posted by mooncake623 on January 3rd, 2013 @ 2:04pm CST
Its true I think we would have gotten away with it had noone brought it to their attention
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451337)
Posted by frogbat on January 3rd, 2013 @ 2:09pm CST
i already used the grumpy cat meme once this mornin as it was my first day back to work

i blame all the american orders... i kid


they could throw us a bone and give us a discount on the final price



in a way it was a bargain, in another way it means more money for my fortress maximus reissue fund.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451338)
Posted by Bruticusfan7 on January 3rd, 2013 @ 2:10pm CST
I have to agree with you, I think with all the hype ,amazon must have noticed all the people contacting them about the figure and price, booooo! :BOT:
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451342)
Posted by STngAR on January 3rd, 2013 @ 2:18pm CST
Thought as much



Hence why I didnt bother ordering.
:MAXIMAL:
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451346)
Posted by duo_maxwell_1017 on January 3rd, 2013 @ 2:22pm CST
I love the customer reviews that were left after their orders were cancelled. I do think it is bad customer service. What they should of done is increase the price and ask if you are still interested in the item. BBTS did that once and I kept my pre order. But just cancelling it and sending a bland email is a big F U to people who were trying to get one not at scalpers prices.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451349)
Posted by robotmel on January 3rd, 2013 @ 2:40pm CST
:BOOM:
What a jip!
What a fecking JIP!

Amazon U.K. should do the right thing and hounour all the U.K. orders at the very least. :-x
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451350)
Posted by southpawdragon on January 3rd, 2013 @ 2:47pm CST
This is how your review will appear:

1.0 out of 5 stars amazon should have honored their price to those that ordered it already, 3 Jan 2013
By
amazon did not honor original price to ones w... - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime (Toy)
amazon should have honored their price to those that ordered it already with the price of 29.16 pounds which I was charge not including shipping of 6.95 lbs. Thats what i was charge ordering from the Canada. Is it really worth it Amazon getting a bad rep for not honoring your price. Will any of the ones who preorderd this before it got cancelled get any discounts when the new price comes up. chances are no. So I hope its worth it Amazon. count me as another who will pass on Amazon. I like the others who werent honored will will spread the news.

i'm rating the toy as low since I will never get a chance to own it.

I left my review just now. Dont know when it will be posted.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451351)
Posted by mooncake623 on January 3rd, 2013 @ 2:52pm CST
Amazon will not get a bad rep for this.... its Amazon! No one cares that they're not honoring a mistake price for a Toy... If you will no longer do business with Amazon anymore its really your lost not theirs...
They could care less about Transfans...
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451354)
Posted by robotmel on January 3rd, 2013 @ 3:08pm CST
:-x
I have just posted a dishearted review via Amazon U.K.s website too.

I would encourage EVERYONE who placed an order for this awesome figure to also submit a review.
Yes the figure is great etc - No Amazon you are NOT great for cancelling everyones orders with a generic email.

:-(

Edit: Searching Amazon U.K. with 'Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime' only brings up the expensive versions which where already on the site as far as I can make out?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AJJ6H0E/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img

This link takes you to the original listing where people are commenting - bookmark it and submit away!
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451356)
Posted by southpawdragon on January 3rd, 2013 @ 3:11pm CST
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451365)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on January 3rd, 2013 @ 3:32pm CST
Yeah it does suck ass that so many people appear to have gotten swindled here. However it seemed more beleiveable that when word hit about Jetwing Prime and the big discount it made more sense. A TF that had been around for quite a while, yeah okay sure I get it.

But this MP to be at this price so soon...? Now que the "Curb Your Enthusiasm" them song please! :P :VEHI:
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451367)
Posted by Ravage XK on January 3rd, 2013 @ 3:34pm CST
Lots of angry people. Amazon are well within their rights to cancel any order for any reason if a mistake has been made.

I look after an online store with around 50000 products listed and mistakes happen from time to time. Usually I spot them but sometimes a customer will get there first and order something expensive at a price that is clearly an error. We explain the issue and usually they understand, in these cases I will go to our sales team and work out a reduced price for that customer that doesn't lose the company money. If, however, a customer starts jumping up and down demanding we sell the item at the error price I don't feel inclined to do anything for them. I remove their order from our database and that's the end of it.

If there is some sort of investigation at Amazon into what happened then leaving lots of arsey comments in the review section won't make them look kindly on us poor disappointed souls. If it were me sorting the mess out I would think "stuff you" and not try to list at a discounted price.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451370)
Posted by southpawdragon on January 3rd, 2013 @ 3:39pm CST
I do so your point there Ravage. I myself didnt go off in saying fu fu... i just mention its my right as a wronged consumer to not buy there again and let my friends know I was offered poor service. So I hope people do voice their opinion but hold off on the fu fu ..bit.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451372)
Posted by Bruticusfan7 on January 3rd, 2013 @ 3:40pm CST
I love the fact that masterpiece optimus prime isn't even in the top 20 best selling toys anymore :BOOM: :twisted:
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451374)
Posted by robotmel on January 3rd, 2013 @ 3:47pm CST
>:oP
Thanks for supporting Brits!

I will have to take pleasure even more so now in my £25 MP Lambor and £42 Thundercracker and be done with it!

Stiff upper lip and all that! What, what! ;)
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451375)
Posted by southpawdragon on January 3rd, 2013 @ 3:47pm CST
I just hope the people who havent yet and will leeave a negative response in the amazone..do a leave negative reviews about getting poor service.. dont go on an fu fu rant.. so we can still maybe get a decent price on this and still vocalize the dissapointment that amazon didnt honor their price to the ones who already ordered.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451376)
Posted by Stumpybot on January 3rd, 2013 @ 3:53pm CST
unlike the prevailing logic im seeing here, i wish people would stop abusing the review system like children.

£35 wouldve been an amazing price to get a f***ing masterpiece for, but its not a decent price, its an insane steal of a price. It was an error, so they cancelled everything. you think they should lose £65 off the RRP on every figure just because somebody made a mistake? thats greedy, entitled bulls**t.

A ridiculous number of fans need to grow the f*** up
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451382)
Posted by robotmel on January 3rd, 2013 @ 4:02pm CST
Stumpybot wrote:unlike the prevailing logic im seeing here, i wish people would stop abusing the review system like children.

£35 wouldve been an amazing price to get a f***ing masterpiece for, but its not a decent price, its an insane steal of a price. It was an error, so they cancelled everything. you think they should lose £65 off the RRP on every figure just because somebody made a mistake? thats greedy, entitled bulls**t.

A ridiculous number of fans need to grow the f*** up

:lol:
Im calm now dear, think you ought to do the same unless youve orded one too? >:oP

Not sure where you got the extra £65 from, but anyhoo...

I will now take solace in opening a couple of MISB whilst opening a tinny! :lol:
Image
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451395)
Posted by Dyn@mo on January 3rd, 2013 @ 4:23pm CST
Quelle surprise.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451440)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 3rd, 2013 @ 6:20pm CST
For those who are flaming on Amazon UK... how childish can you be?

Like, seriously? You're going to write bad reviews just because they made a mistake pricing it? Honestly, I don't know what I hate more: whiny, undisciplined cadets in my NJROTC unit, or whiny Transformers fans who flame on crap just because someone made a mistake/something didn't go their way. I was about to lose it reading all the hate posts when the mistake was discovered. It's human nature to make mistakes: don't point out a speck of dirt in someone's eye when there's just as much dirt in yours.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451467)
Posted by Stumpybot on January 3rd, 2013 @ 7:32pm CST
robotmel wrote:
Stumpybot wrote:unlike the prevailing logic im seeing here, i wish people would stop abusing the review system like children.

£35 wouldve been an amazing price to get a f***ing masterpiece for, but its not a decent price, its an insane steal of a price. It was an error, so they cancelled everything. you think they should lose £65 off the RRP on every figure just because somebody made a mistake? thats greedy, entitled bulls**t.

A ridiculous number of fans need to grow the f*** up

:lol:
Im calm now dear, think you ought to do the same unless youve orded one too? >:oP

Not sure where you got the extra £65 from, but anyhoo...

I will now take solace in opening a couple of MISB whilst opening a tinny! :lol:
Image


Actually, i ordered several. Wanted a few cases for trade and resale in a few years, and like everybody else ive lost out. but im not THAT bothered, I just find it disgusting the childish responses ive seen. We're still gonna get the toy, just not at the bargain price, its ridiculous.

and the £65 was from board members on Full Metal Hero, theyve spoken to amazon and several reports indicate that the RRP is £99 (hence the £65)
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451497)
Posted by Dean ML on January 3rd, 2013 @ 8:51pm CST
I understand the frustration and outrage. This is like the Optimus I've dreamed of since I was seven years old, but as a teacher with a wife and two kids, I can't justify spending over $100 for a collectible toy. Jetwing OP was 50% off, but only for like two days and now the price is back up around $100. "Too-good-to-be-true" price for a very limited time (and thankfully for me it was Christmas time!). Amazon's in their right to do whatever they want, but the right thing would've been to honor their listed price and just go ahead and jack it up for the remainder of its sale.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451523)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 3rd, 2013 @ 10:55pm CST
robotmel wrote:I will now take solace in opening a couple of MISB whilst opening a tinny! :lol:
Image


I'll take that Perceptor you have at the bottom right! 8-}
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451536)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 4th, 2013 @ 12:18am CST
>Fifty bucks? I ordered mine!
>I ordered another!
>I Ordered ten!
>I made several accounts and bought them AAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!



So, the scalper's dreams have been crushed.
Buahahahaha! Called it!

I just hope that the correct price will not be too much above 100$ and the ones that dont have his/her own MP-10 yet will be able to order it.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451537)
Posted by southpawdragon on January 4th, 2013 @ 12:21am CST
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/pdp/profile/ ... _cr_pr_pdp
Jin saotome i dont care how great custom figures you make. This was a jerk move. You mean you never go out and bargain hunt. Good luck on selling your custom figures. If this was your own creator own business .little guy trying to make a business.indie band I can sorta see where you are coming from. But after being wronged by TRU to sell tf masterpiece at a rare quantity and slowly jacking up of what remains. And ebay prices going like crazy.Tf fans deserve some good luck to fall in their favor once in a while. It only appeared here in canada one time and small quantity and never appeared again.

If you cant see the link I posted basically jin proudly boast it was he who corrected amazon of the price.

So jin is basically saying that if goes to a car dealership and finds a car at a great price he would go out of his way to convince the dealer to raise the price. Hope you do this when you buy a house too.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451540)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 4th, 2013 @ 12:37am CST
southpawdragon wrote:It only appeared here in canada one time and small quantity and never appeared again.


I dont give a flying fawk about your hate on this guy and you should have known that "luck" was no luck at all and it was just an matter of time before an Amazon executive noticed something was wrong.

Also, see my location? Yeah, I'm from Québec. TrU dont want to sell anything that have no French on the box here, even online. No GDO, no exclusives of any kinds, especially no MP at all. I had to get mine by having it middlemanned from the USA by a nice Seibertronian. Even then, I had to pay 30$ more in custom fees and almost 50$ of shipping on top of the original 110$ cost.

If you are not from Québec, it's just too bad you lost your changce to get it for "cheap". I guess you'll have no choices but to rely on Ebay.

EDIT:
Oh, I just noticed that you hate The Jin. So, just go back trolling /toy/'s BST. Ask for MP-10 at "bro prices". It wont do much because you'll just be shouting along the mob.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451544)
Posted by southpawdragon on January 4th, 2013 @ 12:51am CST
Well kenrabat i dont care if you dont care what i think. If jin saotome likes to get the credit for changing the price and posting it in amazon.uk i'm giving him credit. Call him a hero if you want.

And yes kenrabat ..its the jin. What of it ..is it because its him. I cant post that its him who is proudly posting on amazon.co.uk patting himself on the back. I dont care if he's judd nelson. Hotrod himself. Unless your directly affected by price because its your business. Its a jerk move to go all corporate. I put less blame on amazon for cancelling the figure and most likely not giving any discounts to those that preodered it beforehand.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451547)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 4th, 2013 @ 1:29am CST
southpawdragon wrote:Well kenrabat i dont care if you dont care what i think. If jin saotome likes to get the credit for changing the price and posting it in amazon.uk i'm giving him credit. Call him a hero if you want.

And yes kenrabat ..its the jin. What of it ..is it because its him. I cant post that its him who is proudly posting on amazon.co.uk patting himself on the back. I dont care if he's judd nelson. Hotrod himself. Unless your directly affected by price because its your business. Its a jerk move to go all corporate. I put less blame on amazon for cancelling the figure and most likely not giving any discounts to those that preodered it beforehand.


First, as a company, you dont want to lose millions. Imagine a car dealer listing the new hot car at 5000$ instead of 50000$ and you can bet your ass the dealer will cancel all those pre-orders. I just wonder WHY the hell some citizens had to call Amazon on their mistake instead of noticing it themselves.

Second, I looked deeper into that Jin incident.
Wow.
Jin confirmed for master troll.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451550)
Posted by southpawdragon on January 4th, 2013 @ 1:58am CST
And even if jin saotome's post in amazon.co.uk is a fake that he never did contacted and corrected amazon. He is basically saying he's too good to even order one because its a great deal and making fun of those who lost out. By blatantly taunting in the official amazon.co.uk he's acting so noble so self righteous. Paying scalper prices to him are nothing to him..and rarity doesnt mean anything because he's got connections. Those who ordered from amazon we didnt steal anything we didnt set the price. Mistake or not it is in poor taste to cancel order on those who ordered and not even get some discount by the company who is selling it.
Re: AmazonUK Cancelling Masterpiece Optimus Prime Orders Due to Pricing Error (1451561)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 4th, 2013 @ 4:35am CST
southpawdragon wrote:And even if jin saotome's post in amazon.co.uk is a fake that he never did contacted and corrected amazon. He is basically saying he's too good to even order one because its a great deal and making fun of those who lost out. By blatantly taunting in the official amazon.co.uk he's acting so noble so self righteous. Paying scalper prices to him are nothing to him..and rarity doesnt mean anything because he's got connections. Those who ordered from amazon we didnt steal anything we didnt set the price. Mistake or not it is in poor taste to cancel order on those who ordered and not even get some discount by the company who is selling it.


Jin trolling aside, I dont agree on any discount. A mistake is a mistake and noting was paid and shipped yet.

HOWEVER,
One thing I would do in Amazon's shoe is to make sure everyone who have pre-ordered any MP-10s still had one on their pre-order list, to make sure they can have theirs. That would have been a cancellable pre-order, of course.

Click here to view an additional 41 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014