Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Andrew Wildman Returns on ReGeneration One #100

Transformers News: Andrew Wildman Returns on ReGeneration One #100

Friday, January 3rd, 2014 5:40PM CST

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 21,528

Fans of the old school of Marvel US and UK Transformers have been enjoying, for the most part, the continuation of the storyline that never ended. In March, it all comes to a conclusion - again. And artist Andrew Wildman, who is currently replaced by Guido Guidi on the interior art, is coming back for the final issue. Check out what he has to say below,and the solicit for the issue!

I have begun work on the final issue of Transformers Regeneration One. I won’t be pencilling the whole book but it really is a privilege to be asked to come back in for the curtain call. 2014 is a BIG year for Transformers what with it being the 30th Anniversary so watch out for the team at a convention near you.

Transformers Regeneration One #100

Simon Furman (w) • Andrew Wildman & Guido Guidi (a) • Andrew Wildman, Guidi (c)

THE GREATEST ENEMY... the greatest challenge... shall come from within. And there will be an ending. This is it, the battle the TRANSFORMERS must win, and yet dare not. The original and founding TRANSFORMERS comic comes to an epic and giant-sized conclusion, with all-out battle on CYBERTRON. Or should that be “Cybertrons”? Shocks, surprises, guest stars and more. It may be a cliché, but this one really does have it all.

FC • 48 pages • $5.99

Bullet points:

• The soul-shattering conclusion to the 100-issue original TRANSFORMERS EPIC!
• Variant Cover by Herb Trimpe!
• Variant Cover by Geoff Senior!

Transformers News: Andrew Wildman Returns on ReGeneration One #100
Credit(s): Andrew Wildman
Re: Andrew Wildman Returns on ReGeneration One #100 (1539229)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on January 3rd, 2014 @ 6:37pm CST
I don't know the ins and outs of why Andrew Wildman suddenly stopped, but I'm glad to see him involved again. Also sad that there is not long to go and then it's all over again :(
Re: Andrew Wildman Returns on ReGeneration One #100 (1539291)
Posted by robotmel on January 4th, 2014 @ 2:24am CST
:-(
It will be sad to see the end of the original Transformers comic book. Being an old bugger such as myself, I have followed the comic books throughout many, many years and was more than pleased to hear the original dream team where making a comeback for just a few more issues, tying up a few loose ends and what not.

Andy Wildman is a lovely fellow, having met him at a few old signings years back, and even own a piece of the Marvel Transformers run splash page featuring The Neo-Knights (Aye!)... Im gonna miss those open mouth shots he so loves! ;)

So not to miss out, I have already preordered all the outstanding issues of ReGen One including three copies of 100! #commitment
I really hope we see the odd variant cover by Wildman across the other books?
Please dont hang up your pencils just yet Andy! :sad:
Re: Andrew Wildman Returns on ReGeneration One #100 (1539300)
Posted by Hans on January 4th, 2014 @ 5:27am CST
Re: Andrew Wildman Returns on ReGeneration One #100 (1539382)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 4th, 2014 @ 5:55pm CST
It's painful to say, but the art has become the better part of the ReGeneration series, as the story is kind of sloppy and hollow (for me, anyway) so I am looking forward to the great visuals, whether it's Wildman or Guidi. I just wish they had better developments to draw for.
Re: Andrew Wildman Returns on ReGeneration One #100 (1539630)
Posted by robotmel on January 6th, 2014 @ 3:33am CST
• Variant Cover by Herb Trimpe!
• Variant Cover by Geoff Senior!
:-?
Covers, covers, covers!

So I have preordered #100 listed as 'Cvr A', 'Cvr B' and 'Subscription Cvr', but just how many variants are we going to see for the finale of ReGeneration One?

Am I right in saying we'll receive covers by...

Andrew Wildman
Guido Guidi
Herb Trimpe
Geoff Senior

...plus the 'Jam' cover by Robert Atkins which links with #200 of GI Joe!

Any more? :???:
Re: Andrew Wildman Returns on ReGeneration One #100 (1539635)
Posted by Va'al on January 6th, 2014 @ 5:02am CST
I believe that's it for now.
Re: Andrew Wildman Returns on ReGeneration One #100 (1556639)
Posted by Ratbat on March 10th, 2014 @ 10:51pm CDT
Hans wrote:I've been a big fan of Guido's work on the book. So it's very fitting that both Andrew and Guido are doing pencils on the final issue. Sad to see RG1 go, especially with the combination of Guidi and Baskerville on art I would have followed this book forever :-)

Yes, it's sad to see Transformers: ReGeneration One go (again). But I'm grateful to see the original Transformers comic-book series extended by 22 issues (that is, 80.5, 81-94, 0, 95-100).
Re: Andrew Wildman Returns on ReGeneration One #100 (1556680)
Posted by Hans on March 11th, 2014 @ 2:51am CDT
... and Generation 2, in a sort of spin-off timeline ;)