Angry Birds Transformers Trailer

Transformers News: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer

Thursday, July 24th, 2014 9:56AM CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 14,675

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The official Transformers YouTube channel has uploaded the Angry Birds Transformers trailer, which we've embedded below. Enjoy!

Credit(s): Transformers YouTube
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer (1593090)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 24th, 2014 @ 10:09am CDT
Man these stupid games need to stop.
Re: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer (1593095)
Posted by #Sideways# on July 24th, 2014 @ 10:29am CDT
Pig sacrifice, Autobots and Decepticons fighting together (I mean, Astrotrain dumping out Optimus, who then calls what looks to be Quake to help him defeat a giant robot...?), mass hysteria!

So what is this game's gameplay even supposed to be, anyway? Skylanders style, or something? Because I think the Angry Birds theme has strayed a bit too far away from what it was originally intended if that is the case.
Re: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer (1593097)
Posted by FracturedKoi on July 24th, 2014 @ 10:35am CDT
No sir, I don't like it.
Re: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer (1593100)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 24th, 2014 @ 10:48am CDT
Say, weren't there GoBots that turned into rocks? Is this just some big "hurr gobots were DUMB" joke?
Re: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer (1593116)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 24th, 2014 @ 11:17am CDT
I think it's adorably awesome. I liked the original version of Angry Birds, and this trailer is enticing me. Wasn't expecting what looks to be a co-op mode with the Autobirds and the Deceptihogs.
Re: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer (1593121)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 24th, 2014 @ 11:21am CDT
Oh my goodness, they NEED to make a cartoon with that animation! If only TF: Prime had looked as bright, colorful, and FUN!

Though, I am very confused about the end. I don't play Angry Birds, but I thought that the pigs were the bad guys. So why did Megahog come to help out Optimus Red like they were best buddies or something? :???:
Re: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer (1593189)
Posted by EunuchRon on July 24th, 2014 @ 1:42pm CDT
Well, Megatron... er, Megahog.... the pig tank, did do a "too slow" hand shake fake and laughed at Optibird or whatever he's called, so it's not totally friendly? Not sure why they'd be cooperating after Birdimus just offed a few pigcopters, but hey, it's $$$ for Hasbro and Rovio I guess? Totally does look like Skylanders with birds and pigs.
Re: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer (1593251)
Posted by Burn on July 24th, 2014 @ 3:15pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Though, I am very confused about the end. I don't play Angry Birds, but I thought that the pigs were the bad guys. So why did Megahog come to help out Optimus Red like they were best buddies or something? :???:


Telepods.

Basically when you buy the figures they have a little QR code on the bottom of them, put them on the Telepod then place that on your phone/tablet and it scans the QR code and "teleports" the figure into the game.
Re: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer (1593254)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 24th, 2014 @ 3:18pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Though, I am very confused about the end. I don't play Angry Birds, but I thought that the pigs were the bad guys. So why did Megahog come to help out Optimus Red like they were best buddies or something? :???:


Telepods.

Basically when you buy the figures they have a little QR code on the bottom of them, put them on the Telepod then place that on your phone/tablet and it scans the QR code and "teleports" the figure into the game.
"Why?" not "How?"
Re: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer (1593255)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 24th, 2014 @ 3:21pm CDT
Another update from the Hasbro booth at SDCC 2014, and it's Angry Birds / Transformers related: check out these two convention exclusives, only available today from the booth (and it seems the t-shirt has already sold out, too!), featuring Angry Bird art takes on some iconic Transformers characters.

[quote]Today from 1:30-2:30p you can snag #AngryBirdsTransformers posters #1 & 2 while supplies last. #HasbroSDCC #SDCCSwag[/quote]

Re: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer (1593265)
Posted by Burn on July 24th, 2014 @ 3:47pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Burn wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Though, I am very confused about the end. I don't play Angry Birds, but I thought that the pigs were the bad guys. So why did Megahog come to help out Optimus Red like they were best buddies or something? :???:


Telepods.

Basically when you buy the figures they have a little QR code on the bottom of them, put them on the Telepod then place that on your phone/tablet and it scans the QR code and "teleports" the figure into the game.
"Why?" not "How?"

Because you bought the figure. Is that better? :roll:
Re: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer (1593271)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 24th, 2014 @ 3:57pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Burn wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Though, I am very confused about the end. I don't play Angry Birds, but I thought that the pigs were the bad guys. So why did Megahog come to help out Optimus Red like they were best buddies or something? :???:


Telepods.

Basically when you buy the figures they have a little QR code on the bottom of them, put them on the Telepod then place that on your phone/tablet and it scans the QR code and "teleports" the figure into the game.
"Why?" not "How?"

Because you bought the figure. Is that better? :roll:
Is it so hard to believe that someone could find it confusing that a guy who's supposed to be a Megatron analogue was willing to come to the rescue of a guy who's suppose to be an Optimus Prime analogue, for seemingly no other reason than that the Optimus bird was in trouble and needed his help?
Re: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer (1593274)
Posted by Burn on July 24th, 2014 @ 4:03pm CDT
So that answers your question then? >:oP
Re: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer (1593275)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 24th, 2014 @ 4:06pm CDT
Burn wrote:So that answers your question then? >:oP
Not when it doesn't make sense, hence my original asking.

If you or anyone else doesn't know, then that's fine.
Re: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer (1593278)
Posted by Burn on July 24th, 2014 @ 4:09pm CDT
Stuck on a level in Angry Birds? Telepod a character in to help you. It doesn't matter if it's a good guy or bad guy. That's how Telepods work.

The concept of good vs evil is cast aside in favour of generating revenue.

Now if that's not a good enough answer for you then I doubt anyone could answer it any better.
Re: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer (1593313)
Posted by Flashwave on July 24th, 2014 @ 5:33pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Burn wrote:So that answers your question then? >:oP
Not when it doesn't make sense, hence my original asking.

If you or anyone else doesn't know, then that's fine.


If they hadn't includeed the clip about putting a figure on an Ipad, I can understand why the bad guy helping the good guy would be confusing, but they show us scanning the figure in, so it in effect becomes no different than the way the Lego Star Wars series could allow you to customize and play as alternate characters. Teh Megatron you see in the end is NOT the Megatron of the game, its a seperate, clone character of Megatron. its the Megatron of the toy. In all likelyhood, its possible to see a Megatron vs. Megatron matchup in this way.

Does this answer your question, Sabr? If not, I don't think we're understanding the question?
Re: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer (1593316)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 24th, 2014 @ 5:42pm CDT
Yeah, I think I get the gist of it. I don't play Angry Birds, so seeing Megs helping Optimus like a friendly rival was weird to see.
Re: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer (1593427)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on July 24th, 2014 @ 10:04pm CDT
How much do these posters cost? I'd love to get them for my boy, 5, who loves Angry Birds.
Re: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer (1593433)
Posted by Bouncy X on July 24th, 2014 @ 10:32pm CDT
the telepod thing is a joke...first off if you use any kind of protective case on your phone or tablet, you gotta remove it as it can't read it properly and the pod needs to be perfectly flush to the camera. that wouldn't be too big an issue if the character you "scanned in" actually stayed in your game but nope...soon as you turn off the game, you gotta re-scan it if you want it back in there next time you play.

that said, i am curious to see how the gameplay of this one will be like. and there will likely be a bunch of toys released so i'd very much get their Starscream in some form. :P
Re: Angry Birds Transformers Trailer (1593455)
Posted by Flashwave on July 25th, 2014 @ 12:05am CDT
Bouncy X wrote:the telepod thing is a joke...first off if you use any kind of protective case on your phone or tablet, you gotta remove it as it can't read it properly and the pod needs to be perfectly flush to the camera. that wouldn't be too big an issue if the character you "scanned in" actually stayed in your game but nope...soon as you turn off the game, you gotta re-scan it if you want it back in there next time you play.


Seems like a memory-conservation issue? That would be a nice feature though.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
Twincast / Podcast #142:
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016