AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail

Transformers News: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail

Wednesday, June 4th, 2014 6:53AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News, Sightings, Store News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 36,777

The new sightings news truck just keeps on rolling! First, the master of the mind posted a sighting news piece on the Evolution Of Grimlock 2-Pack, then shortly thereafter Va'al posted the sighting news of Voyager Hound being located at a TRU in New York! And now a sighting from... ME!

Yesterday, after a somewhat failed trip to Target and Toys "R" Us in Erie PA, I called the Mentor OH Target in the hopes of finding wave 2 figures after hearing rumors of their retail release. I was incredibly fortunate because sure enough, they had them!

I bought the last Slash and one of the two Drift figures, and they were priced at $14.99 each. Also in my sightings (unfortunately I do not have visual proof as my phone was busy charging in the car at the time) I stumbled across wave 2 of the Power Attackers line, which includes Drift and Scorn! Both of those are currently available at the Mentor TRU.

And, like Va'al said in his news posting:

Va'al wrote:Make sure to use our Sightings page to help out fellow fans, and dive into the Sightings forums for more about your area, too!

And now, for the pictures of my find! I included the image of Drift from the instruction sheet to show you that all of his blades can, in fact, store on his back in robot mode. The holes in the ceiling that hold the tonfa blades in vehicle mode, can be used in robot mode, as well. I felt it should be noted because the instructions don't show you that it can be done in robot mode, just the vehicle mode.

Transformers News: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail

Transformers News: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail

Transformers News: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail

Credit(s): Autobot032
Re: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail (1579338)
Posted by dragons on June 4th, 2014 @ 8:53am CDT
Got them in today oddly didn't have only at toysrus sticker on it buffalo ny hourglass location
Re: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail (1579341)
Posted by megatronus on June 4th, 2014 @ 9:08am CDT
Wha? Voyager Bulkhead in the NY Metropolitan area? Looks like I'm going fishing!
Re: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail (1579342)
Posted by ILL-Star on June 4th, 2014 @ 9:15am CDT
I'm a bit shocked that I haven't seen them by me yet. I'll be looking for them at Wal-Mart though. The Massaponax, VA Wal-Mart already has Deluxes for $10 but there were none left. So it should only be a matter of time till the others do the same.
Re: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail (1579378)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 4th, 2014 @ 11:54am CDT
Just got these at Target in Langhorne, PA.

I also saw the Grimlock Evolution 2-pack at TRU.
Re: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail (1579388)
Posted by Seibertron on June 4th, 2014 @ 12:33pm CDT
Can anyone who owns Dispensor check to see if the smaller "antennas" on the sides of his head are the same height? The one on HIS left looks like it was cut a little shorter than the one on his right side. I have an extra one but I don't want to open it just to verify something like this.
Re: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail (1579397)
Posted by craggy on June 4th, 2014 @ 1:04pm CDT
Re: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail (1579422)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:12pm CDT
craggy wrote:anyone seen any comparison pics between 2pack voyager Grimmy and the single pack one?

No pics, but I held them side-by-side at TRU today. Two differences were apparent:

2-pack version has some extra black paint apps.
2-pack version has a gray (unpainted) T-Rex head instead of the silver on the standard version.
Re: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail (1579439)
Posted by crazyfist on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:43pm CDT
Re: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail (1579479)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on June 4th, 2014 @ 5:13pm CDT
first of all thank you for front paging my review, i am deeply honored by it. also thank you to everyone who watched, its always appreciated :grin:
Re: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail (1579481)
Posted by ScottyP on June 4th, 2014 @ 5:16pm CDT
crazyfist wrote:I also found the KRE-O Grimlock Unleashed Set. This is the one where Grimlock is his G1 dino mode only and comes with Kreon Optimus, Bumblebee, Galvatron and Lockdown plus the bonus G1 Grimlock Kreon with crown. It was $24.99 at TRU in Winston-Salem, NC. I'll try to get pictures later.

Ack, gonna have to check out the Raleigh one I guess. Really excited for that set.
Re: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail (1579487)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 4th, 2014 @ 5:54pm CDT

Re: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail (1579517)
Posted by Dr Va'al on June 4th, 2014 @ 7:55pm CDT
Once again, fellow Seibertron.com user chuckdawg1999 brings us a video review of Transformers figures, and this time it's the turn of the Target exclusive Age of Extinction Silver Knight Optimus Prime and Grimlock! Check out the chrometastic redecos of Dark of the Moon Deluxe Optimus Prime and Fall of Cybertron Voyager Grimlock, including a G1 Predacon sword, in the embedded video below - and make sure to flag these up in the Sightings section and forums if you come across them!

[quote]This is the first set I've gotten from the Target exclusive Age of Extinction line. Both Grimlock and Optimus Prime are decked out in nice shinny chrome, especially Prime who is practically covered in Silver. Grimlock features the same accessories from the FOC figure while Prime comes with a G1 Predacon sword. I highly recommend this set especially if you missed out on getting either of these figures.[/quote]

Re: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail (1579520)
Posted by Mkall on June 4th, 2014 @ 8:01pm CDT
Those colours look really washed out on Grimlock, like someone left him in the sun.
Re: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail (1579551)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on June 4th, 2014 @ 10:11pm CDT
The Optimus is sort of meh. Could have used some reds and blues instead of that sickly whitish gray plastic. The Grimlock, on the other hand, is gorgeous IMO. This will become my new Neo G1 Grimmy. Great review, Chuck!
Re: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail (1579562)
Posted by megatronus on June 4th, 2014 @ 10:55pm CDT
Thanks Chuck! If you have this, means it must have hit the NYC area. I'll definitely be checking out a couple of my local NYC Targets in the coming days...
Re: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail (1579596)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 5th, 2014 @ 2:00am CDT
A running change on a figure is not uncommon, especially figures with very pointy edges, such as Dark Of The Moon Crankcase with his "middle finger" claw, which was then trimmed for what appears to be safety's sake. It's become apparent that Age Of Extinction is the next toy line to have this factory modification happen, and this time? It's Dinobot Slug's horns.

Seibertron took some pictures of a wave 1 figure, which was used to create Slug's gallery over here, and compared it with a wave 2 packaged figure and it showed a very noticeable change in which the horns are now rounded with very soft looking edges.

Seibertron included the packaging code in the picture below, and the number is 40941. The wave 1 packaging carries the following number: 40551. I've included that image from my personal collection. Fortunately, the codes aren't exactly necessary as the different horn tips are easily seen through the packaging bubble.

Without further ado, the images:

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around.
Re: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail (1579599)
Posted by UltraPrimal on June 5th, 2014 @ 2:18am CDT
Man, it's such a small difference it took me a few seconds to actually notice it. Personally, I think I might prefer the rounded horns. The "chopped" ones to kind of look like someone came along and cut the tips off all of Slag/Slug's horns. I wonder if that's exactly what happened. Maybe he originally had pointy horns, but the saw it as a safety concern and caught it in the factory before the 1st wave shipped. If you look at the official images on the box, they do look pointier than either versions.
Re: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail (1579608)
Posted by Fifo on June 5th, 2014 @ 4:28am CDT
Soft rubbery plastic, rounded tips. If a child can't be trusted not to blind themselves with a toy perhaps they're too young to have it. Give them a ball or soft teddy instead.
Re: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail (1579610)
Posted by That Bot on June 5th, 2014 @ 4:45am CDT
I picked up all of these guys on Saturday. I think I sent in an email report, but maybe I didn't, because I know I would have included a reference picture and I didn't see it on my host. Anyway, yeah, AOE wave 2 voyagers are in and so are the two-packs. As I mentioned previously, the 2-pack Grimlock has a better deco IMO, although it's not really a deal. Wave 2 deluxes had not shown up last I looked, but now I will have to poke around.
Re: AoE Deluxes And Power Attackers Wave 2 Sighted At Retail (1579611)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on June 5th, 2014 @ 5:20am CDT
Has the design of swords been changed as well or is it just the horns?

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-29 Shockwave Laserwave Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 55 minutes 2 seconds
Takara Transformers Beast Wars STARSCREAM & BB D-13 Figures Set Destron 1999 New - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 28 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1988 OVERLORD big gun weapon powermaster master force - Time Remaining: 12 days 17 hours 29 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1988 OVERLORD missile launcher radar powermaster - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 16 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers G1 1988 OVERLORD TANK leg section powermaster masterforce hasbro - Time Remaining: 12 days 17 hours 34 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1988 OVERLORD scanner radar powermaster - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 22 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1988 OVERLORD missile pod launcher radar (broken) - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 23 minutes 37 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS VOYAGER 30TH ANNIVERSARY MAXIMALS RHINOX #5 - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 38 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016