APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included!

Transformers News: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included!

Friday, August 31st, 2012 7:47AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,941

TransformersAsia.com have published the first images of the upcoming Asian market exclusive APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime. This limited edition will feature premium packaging, metallic paint, chrome, and his battle blades! He's scheduled for an Asian release on September 30th.

Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser
Credit(s): TransformersAsia.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included! (1415229)
Posted by Xephon0930 on August 31st, 2012 @ 7:54am CDT
Where can I pre-order?
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included! (1415242)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on August 31st, 2012 @ 8:33am CDT
wonder if this will be an amazon exclusive. Like the year of the dragon.

:) (:
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included! (1415262)
Posted by STngAR on August 31st, 2012 @ 8:57am CDT
So done with movie toys. Its Optimus with some armor....for me boring. :roll:

Bring on Ultra Mammoth. :MAXIMAL:
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included! (1415271)
Posted by Flux Convoy on August 31st, 2012 @ 9:19am CDT
Well, it's exactly what I was asking for. If it ends up being within the realm of reasonably priced imports, I'm in. Looks nice, I am impressed.
:BOT:
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included! (1415292)
Posted by Sodan-1 on August 31st, 2012 @ 10:18am CDT
If only this had white outlines around the flames this would have been the ultimate version of a movie Optimus. I don't know what to do.
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included! (1415300)
Posted by Sideswipe29 on August 31st, 2012 @ 10:34am CDT
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included! (1415309)
Posted by RodimalToyota on August 31st, 2012 @ 11:07am CDT
seriously? Pre-order? where art thou?

BBTS?

TFSource?

Robotkingdom?

ANYONE?!
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included! (1415337)
Posted by XDMan on August 31st, 2012 @ 12:01pm CDT
Now that's a superior Movie Prime since Buster Prime.

So Takara, if the DOTM line is still active in your area, can you make DOTM Megs and Shockwave (in Leader size), Deluxe and HA Mirage, HA Que, Topspin, Armored Leadfoot, Crowbar, Leader Blackout (the size of Battle Ops Bee), and Leader Fallen? Pllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssse :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY:

I promise to give you some tips on designing your toys. ;) ;)
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included! (1415350)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on August 31st, 2012 @ 12:30pm CDT
Sideswipe29 wrote:Here's my problem with this, to me Optimus was never super shinny and chromed up, his legs and arms were a dirty metallic/metal. Yes his grill on his truck mode was chrome and looked cool but the main selling point of this is that his body is all silver and chrome but Prime never looked that way in the film. I'm not saying this dose not look good, the paint and such looks fantastic but I'm just not a fan of it. I missed the first striker but to me he looks a little more accurate. The darker plastic make it look more like the CGI. The only problem is the original cost an arm and a leg and if your like me and want the extra battle blades, his axe, and his shield it costs more than $200. If this is cheap enough I might get him, one of my main fears though is the chrome on the bottom of his feet getting scratched up, and right now I don't have enough space to make a proper display for him, so he'll end up in a box with the rest of my Transformers which will not be good for that chrome. Only time will tell, the price might completely sway my opinion but for now I'm sticking with the original....... Takara makes things so difficult.
he does have metalic greys in the movie. But what the toys get wrong is the shade of red and blue. The original striker has a great blue but wasnt dark enough, and the redneeds to be more like a ferrari red but darker. Then again red is a hard color to match. Adding a little black to darken red paint can make it look dull instead of just darkenin it
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included! (1415353)
Posted by RodimalToyota on August 31st, 2012 @ 12:32pm CDT
XDMan wrote:Now that's a superior Movie Prime since Buster Prime.

I promise to give you some tips on designing your toys. ;) ;)

not to throw this off topic, but I am disgruntled at knowing we won't be getting figures that need to be done, like Leader Blackout, HA Topspin and Voyager Crankcase/Dred.
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included! (1415358)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 31st, 2012 @ 12:40pm CDT
one of the leader class figure i wanted but never got, if this is priced fairly i might have to look into it.
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included! (1415371)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on August 31st, 2012 @ 1:14pm CDT
he does have metalic greys in the movie. But what the toys get wrong is the shade of red and blue. The original striker has a great blue but wasnt dark enough, and the redneeds to be more like a ferrari red but darker. Then again red is a hard color to match. Adding black to darken red paint can make it look dull instead of just darkenin it
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included! (1415448)
Posted by Anonymous. on August 31st, 2012 @ 5:55pm CDT
The new Buster!
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included! (1415476)
Posted by freaky777 on August 31st, 2012 @ 7:21pm CDT
I actually prefer the original striker prime, like what Blurrz said it's like Buster prime all over again and since I have both DA-28 and Buster prime, I see no real reason to get this. But of course for those who missed DA-28, this is a good buy for them.
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included! (1415531)
Posted by KNM2012 on August 31st, 2012 @ 9:12pm CDT
Hmmm... >:oP

Even though I am not a fan of the movie line, I actually like this. :grin:

...I mean...

Yeah. It looks cool. >:oP
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included! (1415703)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on September 1st, 2012 @ 9:55am CDT
I simply MUST have this figure! =P~

I wonder when it will be available for pre-order, and where?
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included! (1415710)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on September 1st, 2012 @ 10:37am CDT
I already own Buster, and Black Jetwing...

Having a shield and gun did not sell me previously, and the shiny paintjob is still not working for me. With Ultra Magnus priced around $85, I doubt this will be anywhere within my price range, plus, 3 ROTF Prime molds are abit too much IMO.

Unless this thing is below $140USD, I have no interest. >:oP
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included! (1417421)
Posted by El Duque on September 6th, 2012 @ 8:09am CDT
TransformersAsia.com has posted some larger and clearer images of the Asian market exclusive APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime. As previously reported this redeco of DOTM Striker Optimus Prime will see limited production, comes in premium packaging, features metallic paint/chrome, and comes with the exclusive battle blades. Images mirrored below.

Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included! (1417423)
Posted by Flux Convoy on September 6th, 2012 @ 8:16am CDT
Looks reeeally good. I need to get some money together for that guy.
:BOT:
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Images, Battle Blades Included! (1417434)
Posted by mattwhite924 on September 6th, 2012 @ 8:48am CDT
I'd like a version of this mold that has both the Striker and Jetwing accessories. Heck, I'd even take a version of Jetwing prime that has chrome parts.

Ending Soon On eBay

ARCEE TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON MECHTECH DELUXE CLASS NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 7 days 15 hours 24 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Hero Mashers Electronic Optimus Prime Figure - Time Remaining: 8 days 4 hours 11 minutes 3 seconds
G1 TRANSFORMERS (1985) SWOOP ~ INSERT PACKET ~ STICKERS BOOKLET DINOBOT LOT MIB - Time Remaining: 6 days 18 hours 11 minutes 28 seconds
Kids Logic Transformers Mecha Nation MN Optimus Prime Ultra Magnus Hasbro - Time Remaining: 5 days 9 hours 11 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Takara D02 Henkei Classics Starscream MOSC MISB Japanese - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 30 minutes 49 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers AD14 Jolt Age of Extinction - Time Remaining: 8 days 5 hours 53 seconds
Transformers Takara Exclusive Henkei Classics Thundercracker MOSC MISB Japanese - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 35 minutes 23 seconds
G1 TRANSFORMERS (1986) TRYPTICON PARTS LOT ~ BOTH LASERS w/STANDS ~ BLASTER GUNS - Time Remaining: 6 days 18 hours 51 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #154 - The Misfits