Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime In-Package and In-Hand Images

Transformers News: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime In-Package and In-Hand Images

Monday, October 8th, 2012 8:29AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 29,043

We have a couple of new images of the upcoming Asian market exclusive APS-01 Striker Otpimus Prime. Our first image comes to us from the Hobby Ark Toy Store facebook page, and gives a look at the figure's packaging. The second image, courtesy of the Planet Iacon facebook, is of the actual figure. The figure is scheduled to release on November 7th.

Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser

Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser
Credit(s): daimchoc, Hobby Base, Planet Iacon
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime In-Package and In-Hand Images (1428075)
Posted by Bubbah on October 8th, 2012 @ 9:46am CDT
Oooooo shiny!! :x
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime In-Package and In-Hand Images (1428080)
Posted by Flux Convoy on October 8th, 2012 @ 10:07am CDT
I put this on my Christmas list. My girl keeps pretty much assuring me I'm getting it. We'll see. Looks pretty awesome.
:BOT:
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime In-Package and In-Hand Images (1428090)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on October 8th, 2012 @ 10:36am CDT
It's just buster with a shield and gun... >:oP
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime In-Package and In-Hand Images (1428100)
Posted by Xephon0930 on October 8th, 2012 @ 11:06am CDT
I still want the option to pull out the smokestacks to use the Jetwings backpack and the Buster Gun.
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime In-Package and In-Hand Images (1428119)
Posted by RodimalToyota on October 8th, 2012 @ 11:59am CDT
You can, just de-pin the blue pieces with the smoke barrels, and swap.
That's what I'm doing.
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime In-Package and In-Hand Images (1428170)
Posted by Flux Convoy on October 8th, 2012 @ 2:57pm CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:It's just buster with a shield and gun... >:oP

Not quite so simple. It is the remolded, arguably better chest for DOTM from the ROTF mold. The swords are separate pieces from the arms. They are no longer a gimmick in the figure. This is a welcome change for me. The shield transforms and can be added to the truck for an armored mode. The gun breaks down into smaller guns. It's got enough new things going for it that I'm committed to it. I already own the Buster Prime/Jetfire combo and that is a lovely set of toys. This looks just as good if not better to me. The pictures aren't clear enough to me to see if it actually comes with the buster cannon too.
:BOT:
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime In-Package and In-Hand Images (1428173)
Posted by RodimalToyota on October 8th, 2012 @ 3:00pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
gavinfuzzy wrote:It's just buster with a shield and gun... >:oP

:BOT:

No Buster gun, the Mufflers are permanently attached.
Like i said above, they can be swapped with jet-wing Prime, if you want the Buster cannon, but then you can't attach the small guns.

it's one or the other.
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime In-Package and In-Hand Images (1428177)
Posted by Flux Convoy on October 8th, 2012 @ 3:08pm CDT
RodimalToyota wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:
gavinfuzzy wrote:It's just buster with a shield and gun... >:oP

:BOT:

No Buster gun, the Mufflers are permanently attached.

it's one or the other.

I was scouring the galleries to find our for myself and just saw your response, thanks. I'll be fine with the figure as is. It has plenty of weaponry already. Two swords, a large cannon (or two smaller guns, depending on taste) and the shield. I'm not swapping out pinned pieces on my TF figures. It would end in tears. I don't have a Jetwing anyway. :grin:
:BOT:
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime In-Package and In-Hand Images (1428181)
Posted by RodimalToyota on October 8th, 2012 @ 3:19pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
RodimalToyota wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:
gavinfuzzy wrote:It's just buster with a shield and gun... >:oP

:BOT:

No Buster gun, the Mufflers are permanently attached.

it's one or the other.

:BOT:

Yeah, I may not, Besides the ROTF Upgrade kit for Prime, I bet a 3rd P will come out with a movie accurate Jetpack, which would be nice, as the Takara version is about as accurate as a Turd. It's cool for a Gundam style Prime, but not movie accurate.

I like that the packaging, will fit in with Tak MP's.
That sells it for me.
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime In-Package and In-Hand Images (1428186)
Posted by XDMan on October 8th, 2012 @ 3:27pm CDT
I have always wanted to have a Prime like this! :grin:
But it is an Asian exclusive. :-(
And Hasbore makes too many BB's. :oops:
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime In-Package and In-Hand Images (1428201)
Posted by Flux Convoy on October 8th, 2012 @ 4:10pm CDT
XDMan wrote:I have always wanted to have a Prime like this! :grin:

So buy it!
XDMan wrote:But it is an Asian exclusive. :-(

So what?
XDMan wrote:And Hasbore makes too many BB's. :oops:

Again, so what? If you can use the internet, you can figure out how to buy this fella. I can think of at least one store off the top of my head that is selling them.
:BOT:
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime In-Package and In-Hand Images (1428375)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 9th, 2012 @ 8:45am CDT
If I had the money I'd jump on this one in a heartbeat.

It's got an interesting box. Has there ever been a Transformers figure that comes in a box with a shoebox type lid.
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime In-Package and In-Hand Images (1437189)
Posted by daimchoc on November 5th, 2012 @ 10:13am CST