APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser

Transformers News: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser

Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 9:37AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 28,984

Thank You to our sponsor Kapow Toys for letting us know that APS, or Asia Premium Series 01 Striker Optimus Prime's shillouette has been posted at a new site www.transformersasia.com.

The website has the following remarks about the figure:
-Metallic Paint And Chromed Parts

-Special Designed Packaging

-Bonus Weapon

-Limited Production

The release date is scheduled for September 30th and will see release in Asia, with the exclusion of Japan, which seems to be the pattern for many of Hasbro's Asian releases.

APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser

APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser
Credit(s): Kapow Toys

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser (1409839)
Posted by DISCHARGE on August 14th, 2012 @ 10:25am CDT
I so wanted a Premium Series for the DOTM line.
I hope this makes it's way to U.S. retail, maybe under the Generations line.
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser (1409840)
Posted by Flux Convoy on August 14th, 2012 @ 10:26am CDT
Interested in what the final product is. I liked Striker Prime but didn't get him. I'd like to see a more faithful representation of his movie deco.
:BOT:
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser (1409846)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 14th, 2012 @ 10:44am CDT
OK, since I missed the first release, I may get this to display with my Buster Prime. Buster can be in alt mode, Striker in bot.
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser (1409858)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on August 14th, 2012 @ 11:14am CDT
I wonder after hasbros amazons jetwing, striker optimus will be released as an exclusive through them

He gonna be detailed like buster? Cool. the extra weapon probably the swords.
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser (1409865)
Posted by RodimalToyota on August 14th, 2012 @ 11:52am CDT
Pre-order please? Man I could only hope for a chromed up version like Buster on the striker mold.
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser (1409972)
Posted by Xephon0930 on August 14th, 2012 @ 5:27pm CDT
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser (1409974)
Posted by Xephon0930 on August 14th, 2012 @ 5:27pm CDT
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser (1409976)
Posted by RodimalToyota on August 14th, 2012 @ 5:31pm CDT
Xephon0930 wrote:Can I still get this even though I'm a US citizen? I really want to get my hands on this especially after missing my chance with the DA 28 Striker Prime.

considering most of the asian releases are being released here I would say yes.

Plus I bet most of our sponsors will be getting a few.
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser (1410326)
Posted by noctorro on August 16th, 2012 @ 2:05am CDT
I hate the milking of this mold.
I have Buster Prime version 2.

The Jetwing isn't movie accurate, this Striker version is just silly. Release all the parts in one package, and make them movie accurate. Not one of the older designs.

Something really went wrong with the DOTM line, only the bodies look fairly screen accurate, but the guns and addons are all way of. Why?????
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser (1415227)
Posted by El Duque on August 31st, 2012 @ 7:46am CDT
TransformersAsia.com have published the first images of the upcoming Asian market exclusive APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime. This limited edition will feature premium packaging, metallic paint, chrome, and his battle blades! He's scheduled for an Asian release on September 30th.

Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser (1415229)
Posted by Xephon0930 on August 31st, 2012 @ 7:54am CDT
Where can I pre-order?
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser (1415242)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on August 31st, 2012 @ 8:33am CDT
wonder if this will be an amazon exclusive. Like the year of the dragon.

:) (:
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser (1415262)
Posted by STngAR on August 31st, 2012 @ 8:57am CDT
So done with movie toys. Its Optimus with some armor....for me boring. :roll:

Bring on Ultra Mammoth. :MAXIMAL:
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser (1415271)
Posted by Flux Convoy on August 31st, 2012 @ 9:19am CDT
Well, it's exactly what I was asking for. If it ends up being within the realm of reasonably priced imports, I'm in. Looks nice, I am impressed.
:BOT:
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser (1415292)
Posted by Sodan-1 on August 31st, 2012 @ 10:18am CDT
If only this had white outlines around the flames this would have been the ultimate version of a movie Optimus. I don't know what to do.
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser (1415300)
Posted by Sideswipe29 on August 31st, 2012 @ 10:34am CDT
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser (1415309)
Posted by RodimalToyota on August 31st, 2012 @ 11:07am CDT
seriously? Pre-order? where art thou?

BBTS?

TFSource?

Robotkingdom?

ANYONE?!
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser (1415337)
Posted by XDMan on August 31st, 2012 @ 12:01pm CDT
Now that's a superior Movie Prime since Buster Prime.

So Takara, if the DOTM line is still active in your area, can you make DOTM Megs and Shockwave (in Leader size), Deluxe and HA Mirage, HA Que, Topspin, Armored Leadfoot, Crowbar, Leader Blackout (the size of Battle Ops Bee), and Leader Fallen? Pllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssse :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY:

I promise to give you some tips on designing your toys. ;) ;)
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser (1415350)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on August 31st, 2012 @ 12:30pm CDT
Sideswipe29 wrote:Here's my problem with this, to me Optimus was never super shinny and chromed up, his legs and arms were a dirty metallic/metal. Yes his grill on his truck mode was chrome and looked cool but the main selling point of this is that his body is all silver and chrome but Prime never looked that way in the film. I'm not saying this dose not look good, the paint and such looks fantastic but I'm just not a fan of it. I missed the first striker but to me he looks a little more accurate. The darker plastic make it look more like the CGI. The only problem is the original cost an arm and a leg and if your like me and want the extra battle blades, his axe, and his shield it costs more than $200. If this is cheap enough I might get him, one of my main fears though is the chrome on the bottom of his feet getting scratched up, and right now I don't have enough space to make a proper display for him, so he'll end up in a box with the rest of my Transformers which will not be good for that chrome. Only time will tell, the price might completely sway my opinion but for now I'm sticking with the original....... Takara makes things so difficult.
he does have metalic greys in the movie. But what the toys get wrong is the shade of red and blue. The original striker has a great blue but wasnt dark enough, and the redneeds to be more like a ferrari red but darker. Then again red is a hard color to match. Adding a little black to darken red paint can make it look dull instead of just darkenin it
Re: APS-01 Striker Optimus Prime Teaser (1415353)
Posted by RodimalToyota on August 31st, 2012 @ 12:32pm CDT
XDMan wrote:Now that's a superior Movie Prime since Buster Prime.

I promise to give you some tips on designing your toys. ;) ;)

not to throw this off topic, but I am disgruntled at knowing we won't be getting figures that need to be done, like Leader Blackout, HA Topspin and Voyager Crankcase/Dred.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem