Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist?

Transformers News: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist?

Wednesday, December 5th, 2007 5:15PM CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Press Releases, Company News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 35,654

Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist?

Well here's your chance. The masterminds behind the “Transformers: Mosaic,” in partnership with Chris Ryall, Publisher/Editor-in-Chief of IDW Publishing, are running a competition for all Transformers artists, which gives them the chance to be considered for providing a variant cover to an upcoming Transformers comic produced by IDW Publishing.
Excited yet? Good, you should be.

So how does it work?
Step 1: Email your full name to Next.Tf.Cover.Artist@gmail.com by the end of December, 2007.
Step 2: On the first of January 2008, you will be emailed the name of the Transformer you are to provide a "cover" for.
Step 3: You have until February first to submit your work.
Step 4: Once all entries are in, they will be divided into groups based on characters used.
Step 5: All entries will be displayed on the IDW forums ( http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewforum.php?f=2) and voting will commence. Voting will be open for 2 weeks.
Step 6: Once voting is complete, the top 3 artists from each group will be contacted and given another character to prepare a cover for and another month to complete.
Step 7: The second round of entries will be posted on IDW forums and voting will once again be carried out.
Step 8: Once voting on the second round is complete, the names and contact details of the top three artists will be given to Chris Ryall, who will work through the final process.

Things you need to know.
1. There is no guarantee that this will lead to paid work for IDW
2. All work should be submitted in line-art only, no colors allowed.
3. Be creative, designs can either be classic or your own redesign.
4. Voting can only be done by members of the IDW forum, and yes, you can vote for yourself.

So, if you think you've got what it takes, step up and prove it!
Credit(s): Josh van Reyk

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist? (492135)
Posted by matrixprime on December 5th, 2007 @ 5:18pm CST
I'm real good at drawing but not that good
Re: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist? (492138)
Posted by Justicity on December 5th, 2007 @ 5:22pm CST
Any international issues? Can you enter if not in the USA???
Me want!
Hehe, I'd love to take part in this.
All we have to do for now is tell them our name??? Seems almost too easy :P I know theres the drawing & voting & such later, but at this moment it's like sending my name isn't enough, I want to tell them my life story! :P
Re: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist? (492153)
Posted by horus on December 5th, 2007 @ 5:27pm CST
Me want too!! Me good with transformers drawings but me far away from USA.
Re: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist? (492208)
Posted by Sherade on December 5th, 2007 @ 5:56pm CST
I'd do it, but I'd prefer my art be exclusive to Seibertron.
Besides, I couldn't handle the pressure.
Re: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist? (492231)
Posted by Sonray on December 5th, 2007 @ 6:07pm CST
Sherade wrote:I'd do it, but I'd prefer my art be exclusive to Seibertron.
Besides, I couldn't handle the pressure.

Thats why i wont be entering. Plus im in one hell of an art/creative slump right now.

Could i submit a piece that i drew a while ago instead? If they want people to draw Prime then i have a pretty decent drawing of him already. ;)
Re: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist? (492249)
Posted by Seibertron on December 5th, 2007 @ 6:14pm CST
I submitted my name. This could be a great opportunity for me to get back into drawing at least on a limited cover basis. :)
Re: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist? (492251)
Posted by Briggs on December 5th, 2007 @ 6:14pm CST
Sonray wrote:
Sherade wrote:I'd do it, but I'd prefer my art be exclusive to Seibertron.
Besides, I couldn't handle the pressure.

remove the purple poo poo from behind him and we'll talk.

Haha I am just kidding, yankin ur chain :P
Re: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist? (492255)
Posted by Briggs on December 5th, 2007 @ 6:14pm CST
I sure do hope Timshinn enters this.
Re: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist? (492271)
Posted by Justicity on December 5th, 2007 @ 6:22pm CST
Sonray wrote:
Sherade wrote:I'd do it, but I'd prefer my art be exclusive to Seibertron.
Besides, I couldn't handle the pressure.

Prime spotlights been done sadly.

Which brings me to an interesting point.
Who do you think they'll ask us participants to draw???
I'm confident that I can do a really nice piece within the month allocated, however I'd like to get some practice in before then as it'll be my first cover art :-s , even if it's a completely different character.

So who do you think deserved a Spotlight? Who would you like me to practice my cover art skills on?
Re: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist? (492282)
Posted by Sherade on December 5th, 2007 @ 6:27pm CST
Sonray wrote:

Do what I do, make G1 characters into Muscle Cars.
Yes, I capitalize Muscle Cars. It's THAT awesome.
Re: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist? (492285)
Posted by Tigertrack on December 5th, 2007 @ 6:29pm CST
I'm in, I e-mailed my name...
Re: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist? (492295)
Posted by Richter on December 5th, 2007 @ 6:36pm CST
To answer a few questions;

Anyone can enter, regardless where you live.

And no, you can not use something you prepared earlier, only new material from the start of the project.

No hints as to which characters you'll be given, just know that we went with a diverse range.
Re: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist? (492327)
Posted by Saberspark model H. on December 5th, 2007 @ 6:48pm CST
I may enter I doubt it will win but eh who Knows(Do you?). Also I don't know if I want to advertise my name out to the Public.
Re: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist? (492390)
Posted by Shinobi Rendar on December 5th, 2007 @ 7:14pm CST
This sounds like a lot of fun!!!!

I entered. Can't wait to see who i get to draw :D
Re: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist? (492397)
Posted by Sherade on December 5th, 2007 @ 7:15pm CST
Shinobi Rendar wrote:This sounds like a lot of fun!!!!

I entered. Can't wait to see who i get to draw :D
Man, we know who's gonna win now. spoil it why don't ya. :P
Re: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist? (492461)
Posted by The Collector on December 5th, 2007 @ 7:43pm CST
Good God, am I tempted! I know I can get up there with their guys, I just take FOREVER to do it.
Re: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist? (492477)
Posted by Tangent on December 5th, 2007 @ 7:50pm CST
I'd love to have a go, but I'm not up to standard. I'l just wait and see what everyone else comes up with.
Re: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist? (492501)
Posted by Shinobi Rendar on December 5th, 2007 @ 8:01pm CST
Sherade wrote:
Shinobi Rendar wrote:This sounds like a lot of fun!!!!

I entered. Can't wait to see who i get to draw :D
Man, we know who's gonna win now. spoil it why don't ya. :P

come on that was uncalled for lol

Seriously guys this is a great opportunity. Don't think twice just enter and do your best. Anyone can be the next transfomers cover artist!!!

First Mosaics... now this... it's just too much for a tf fan to bear lol :grin:
Re: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist? (492515)
Posted by ToaVahu on December 5th, 2007 @ 8:09pm CST
Yes I am!
Re: Are you the next Transformers Cover Artist? (492780)
Posted by Dinobot Prime on December 5th, 2007 @ 11:19pm CST
I really want to do this, but there are a few unresolved issues in my mind.

When sending the e-mail, what do we put in the subject bar?

And since it's a no-colour drawing allowed, are we still allowed to put shadows? Because my entire drawing style is based on shadows.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Groove Protectobot In Hand US sale - Time Remaining: 7 days 19 hours 1 minute 41 seconds
Generations Voyager Class FOC Soundwave - Hasbro Transformers - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 20 minutes 59 seconds
1987 Transformers G1 Piranacon 100% Complete Hasbro - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 7 minutes 31 seconds
Hot Transformers Masterpiece MP-01 Acid Storm SDCC Exclusive Toys 02 03 04 05 06 - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 26 minutes 13 seconds
Takara Transformers Masterpiece New MISB Mp-25 Tracks in US!! Case Fresh!! - Time Remaining: 5 days 18 hours 44 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers  SDCC Exclusive 2016  Titans Return Windblade  Figure Loose MINT - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 36 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers  SDCC Exclusive 2016  Titans Return Brainstorm Figure Loose MINT - Time Remaining: 14 days 23 hours 7 minutes 15 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE CLASS CHROMIA - Time Remaining: 6 days 23 hours 11 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory