ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit

Transformers News: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit

Monday, January 31st, 2011 2:20PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Store News, 3rd Party News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 60,485

Looks like a new third party company wants to make your Animated Acree a little more classic. Site sponsor BigBadToyStore has just listed a pre-order for a replacement head for Transformers Animated Arcee intended to give her a more Generation one appearance. Unfortunately the only image they have posted is rather grainy.

Update: video review embedded below.

The ARX-01 "Polaris" is made from high grade plastic resin and can be used in conjunction with the TFA Arcee figure. The kit includes 1 head upgrade and 1 ion displacement pistol - figure is not included with the set. The upgrade kit ships in a clear heavy duty plastic box and also includes a file card that states the character's biography and tech specs.

Seibertron.com Image

Seibertron.com Image

Credit(s): BBTS
Re: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit (1175979)
Posted by f-primus-unicron on January 31st, 2011 @ 2:53pm CST
yes pls
i really love animated arcee but her head was somehow dissapointing
Re: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit (1175981)
Posted by phoenix88 on January 31st, 2011 @ 2:59pm CST
this does nothign for me
Re: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit (1175987)
Posted by rpetras on January 31st, 2011 @ 3:09pm CST
Not necessary for me.

I have the Arcee that was sold by iGear (which is INCREDIBLE), as well as the Valkyrie from Impossible Toys (which was OK until I opened the other version) that can fill the bill for a classics Arcee.

My TFA version can remain as-is.
Re: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit (1175988)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 31st, 2011 @ 3:12pm CST
Agreed. Her real head's lack of a nose is somewhat jarring, but this new one doesn't look animated-y enough.

Maybe the gun will make it worth the purchase, but I usually have her hold one of the guns that came with the Targetmaster Hot Rod reissue. Just don't ever jam those blades she came with into her hands.

Now, if it was a head that could actually open up into sections like in the Animated series finale, that would be genuinely interesting.
Re: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit (1175999)
Posted by S4_NE on January 31st, 2011 @ 3:35pm CST
I am going to get it, I have my TFA Arcee on display with the blades (they don't look so great IMO)so I don't miss place them. I hope this will be worth the price... :BANG_HEAD:
Re: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit (1176003)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 31st, 2011 @ 3:41pm CST
I'm not willing to pay that much just for a little head.

;)
Re: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit (1176007)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 31st, 2011 @ 3:55pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:I'm not willing to pay that much just for a little head.

;)

Ah yes, the joke she's been unable to escape since '87, thanks to yet another facet of The Rebirth's wretchedness.
(Yes, David Wise did the best job any writer could have with just 3 episodes; that's the scary part)

Then again...is there a chance that this new head transforms into Daniel, giving Rebirth fans what they've always wanted? And that it could attach to either of the 3rd party Arcees? That could go a ways to justifying $35 for the set, though that price also makes it unlikely.
Re: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit (1176015)
Posted by Vicalliose on January 31st, 2011 @ 4:08pm CST
Re: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit (1176028)
Posted by Rodimus the Prime on January 31st, 2011 @ 4:31pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:I'm not willing to pay that much just for a little head.

;)

Got a good lol out of that one. :D
Re: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit (1176029)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 31st, 2011 @ 4:35pm CST
Vicalliose wrote:Why peeps still makin' arcee stuff? Hasbro is going to release their own later this year (probably after Bayformers has died down), so why start investing themselves? :-?

Probably because our faith in Hasbro actually giving us a worthwhile Arcee after 20-some years is a bit shaky. Sure the TFA Arcee was/is pretty cool but it's a TFA Arcee. The fans are wanting their long overdue G1 Arcee. If Hasbro keeps her design in line with what they have done so far with Generations then I don't think there is anything to worry about. The third party toy makers, however, are making quite sure that we are covered in case Hasbro totally botches the job. On the one hand, I wouldn't want to be in Hasbro's shoes just because of the pressure but on the other hand, having a rabid fan in there to make sure it gets done right might be the route to go. (Not saying I'm the rabid fan for the job. There are much better candidates out there)
Re: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit (1176040)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 31st, 2011 @ 5:10pm CST
Potentially cool but completely unnecessary for me. I think a G1-styled head will look pretty weird on the even more cartoonish Animated body. Besides, I like the animated aesthetic anyway. Too bad they couldn't also provide some alternate hands to hold the weapons without breaking. Too late for me though, I already modified my Arcee's swords...
Re: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit (1176043)
Posted by El Duque on January 31st, 2011 @ 5:29pm CST

Re: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit (1176058)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 31st, 2011 @ 6:37pm CST
Meh, I like Animated Arcee's head. I've got Valkyrie as a stand in until Hasbro's apparent Arcee arrives.
Re: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit (1176063)
Posted by MGrotusque on January 31st, 2011 @ 6:47pm CST
It actually kinda creeps me out and that's sayin a lot coming from me. Something about the mash-up style aesthetics and that china doll looking face. Weirds me out.

I appreciate the effort though.
Re: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit (1176065)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on January 31st, 2011 @ 6:53pm CST
It'd actually pretty good, but WOAH! Look at that price! Are these guys talking to Crazy Devy or what?
Re: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit (1176118)
Posted by omega666 on January 31st, 2011 @ 8:36pm CST
Anything that makes it less animatey is a win.
Re: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit (1176119)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on January 31st, 2011 @ 8:37pm CST
put my preorder down with bbts (since i can take it off later if i want). looks pretty good and since i have a custom g1 colors Arcee, this head may look real nice with it.
Re: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit (1176126)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on January 31st, 2011 @ 9:00pm CST
I suppose the fact that a new Arcee has been "announced" for the Generations line won't slow down any 3rd party companies from making these type of upgrades. :roll:
Re: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit (1176131)
Posted by Springer on January 31st, 2011 @ 9:34pm CST
Is the head mold nice? Yes.
Does it look stupid on an animated figure? YES!

I'm just glad I now have a date for my buddy Optimus...
Re: ARX-01 Polaris Head & Weapon Upgrade Kit (1176150)
Posted by Caelus on January 31st, 2011 @ 10:25pm CST
I do not recall having had any problems with Arcee's swords & hands...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016