Transformers News: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images

Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 6:18PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 31,084

Courtesy of ACToys we have an extensive gallery in-hand gallery of the Asian market exclusive reissue Sixshot including the premium book style packaging and collectors' coin. The figure features metallic paint and chromed weapons, but also features a hefty price tag! Check out the images below.

Credit(s): ACToys.net
Re: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images (1410257)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on August 15th, 2012 @ 6:51pm CDT
Oooooh! Aaaaaaah! Pretty and Shiny. Do want but shall not have.
Re: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images (1410260)
Posted by Flux Convoy on August 15th, 2012 @ 6:57pm CDT
The extra chrome is kinda corny. I have never really cared about the collector coins. The box front and sides are pretty boring too. The high cost of this release is not justified to me. Guess I'll continue holding out for Sixshot.
:BOT:
Re: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images (1410262)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 15th, 2012 @ 7:05pm CDT

However this here makes me curious. That's far from a silhouette of the G1 figure, which makes me wonder...
Re: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images (1410268)
Posted by KNM2012 on August 15th, 2012 @ 7:52pm CDT
To be honest, as I said it before, I was all-in for the apt-rumored "Encore" Sixshot. I would have been all-in if Takara Tomy was smart and gave it the "Welcome to Transformers 2010" Predaking treatment. The silhouette that SilverHammer mentioned would have added to the box appeal if they did it this way.

But for me... The whole "Las Vegas" feel just says "No! Do not buy!" feel for me. And with that said, I'll either hope for that Encore version or consider looking for a MISB reissue. >:oP

SW's SilverHammer wrote:It's nice, i'll give it that if anything it look's really nice. I've also been wanting a Sixshot for awhile now. However those two factors alone aren't enough to make me pay what they're asking for it.

It's Sixshot. And to be honest, if it they used that art style of him in the box style I mentioned, I might have have forgiven them for the "Las Vegas" feel that this whole item gives me. :lol:
Re: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images (1410270)
Posted by xyl360 on August 15th, 2012 @ 7:57pm CDT
I like the shiny chrome chest. I'm glad I got him. He sits and waits in my PoL.
Re: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images (1410280)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 15th, 2012 @ 8:46pm CDT
Verrrrrrrrrrrrry nice! Great chrome and paint apps. Wold have been extra nice if the wing part were also chromed. Though it would have gone a long way to pull down the price if Tomy just stuck with a regular hard corrugated cardboard box they used on Omega Supreme Encore :BOOM:
Re: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images (1410287)
Posted by Rated X on August 15th, 2012 @ 9:06pm CDT
I dont see this selling too well with Hexatron on the horizon...
Re: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images (1410288)
Posted by Another Fan on August 15th, 2012 @ 9:10pm CDT

I just learned that the silhouette is actually an illustration done by Blitzwing from DevianArt. The image was used without the artist's consent. The person that took the image to pass on as his own design probably needs some talking to.
Re: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images (1410291)
Posted by Ultra Markus on August 15th, 2012 @ 9:15pm CDT
whats next a gold version?
i like the 7th mode there
Re: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images (1410298)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 15th, 2012 @ 9:58pm CDT
The 3rd party section is on the other section people. Let's leave it at that. This figure is re-issue late 80's figure, so expect it to have all the articulation of a brick. That's the charm of the G1 era. If you want a Masterpiece fig with all the accuracy and articulation then by all means get a Masterpiece figure.

Now, for those with extra disposable income, go ahead and get one. Owning one already, this is a good opportunity for those who don't have him yet.

Make me shiver a bit on how much have changed when back in the the late 80's, TFs were built to such a size!. How I wish Tomy can also resurrect the Great shot mold and package him in a more affordable package.
Re: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images (1410299)
Posted by Che on August 15th, 2012 @ 10:11pm CDT
Another Fan wrote:

Yep
Re: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images (1410301)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 15th, 2012 @ 10:22pm CDT
naughty naughty Tomy or Hasbro.........pay the guy his due for that silhouette!
Re: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images (1410306)
Posted by Another Fan on August 15th, 2012 @ 11:03pm CDT
I wonder if the companies even knew about this. I would blame the person that did the design because he/she did know. But I do agree with you and hope that the companies will acknowledge that the artwork is from Blitzwing.
Re: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images (1410320)
Posted by MGrotusque on August 16th, 2012 @ 12:56am CDT
Looks real nice to me but certainly don't need it. I also noticed quite a bit of dusty like shmutz in the green chrome. A considerable amount of it actually. That's quite the flaw in QC if you ask me.
Nevertheless.....he's nice indeed. I'll be happy with my G1 though.
Re: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images (1410328)
Posted by FracturedKoi on August 16th, 2012 @ 2:08am CDT
Like shootin' cyber-ducks in a barrel...I'm just glad I still have mine from when I was a kid xD.

I do wonder, however, if this reissue uses stickers for the details (like those on his chest/shoulders), or tamopgraphs like some of the Encore did.
Re: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images (1410329)
Posted by KNM2012 on August 16th, 2012 @ 2:40am CDT
Another Fan wrote:

Yup. Here is the art piece in question: http://blitz-wing.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4cjc3l

Very nice art piece, and I wonder why Hasbro chose to use a silhouette version of it without the artist's permission (as he stated that they did not contact him since 2007). >:oP
Re: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images (1410337)
Posted by Hoitytoity on August 16th, 2012 @ 4:49am CDT
This doesn't look nearly as bad as I thought it would... actually, really nice. A fantastic collector's piece, but as someone who already owns the original toy I can do without. Very, very nice though.
Re: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images (1410338)
Posted by KNM2012 on August 16th, 2012 @ 4:50am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:naughty naughty Tomy or Hasbro.........pay the guy his due for that silhouette!

Hasbro is the culprit, based on the fact that they both promoted the item and added a sticker to the packaging that says they are tied to it. >:oP

But I do agree with you that he deserves credit for his art piece that is tied to the silhouette. :BOT:
Re: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images (1410345)
Posted by Ravage XK on August 16th, 2012 @ 6:02am CDT
Hmm, sorry this does nothing for me. I generally like G1 figures but I don't remember Six Shot at all. Non of its modes are particularly convincing.
Re: Asia Exclusive Sixshot Reissue In-Hand Images (1410350)
Posted by alldarker on August 16th, 2012 @ 6:18am CDT
With Sixshot I'm always surprised at the way the armored truck mode is transformed:

I know this is the prefered and 'official' way the armored truck mode is (mis-)transformered in for Sixshot, but I always feel this mode looks better when the arms / wheels are moved al the way forward, losing the front-heavy look which to me just looks weird.
This is the way I transform the truck mode:

Ending Soon On eBay

AG Hasbro Transformers G1 Vintage 1986 Stunticons MOTORMASTER/MENASOR with box - Time Remaining: 7 days 12 hours 5 minutes 40 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS DELUXE FALL OF CYBERTRON AIR RAID SEALED! G1 FOC TG12 - Time Remaining:  10 hours 21 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Encore 18 Skids MISB - Time Remaining: 7 days 6 hours 9 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt New In Box - Time Remaining:  19 hours 39 minutes 18 seconds
Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Police Station w/ Figures Optimus Prime - Time Remaining:  7 hours 40 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers DOTM Dark of the Moon Revving Robots: Optimus Prime Complete - Time Remaining:  3 hours 56 minutes 56 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS DELUXE FALL OF CYBERTRON ULTRA MAGNUS COMPLETE! G1 FOC - Time Remaining:  3 hours 12 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers: Combiner Wars - Onslaught - Sealed - Light Box Wear - Time Remaining:  20 hours 16 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016