Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed

Transformers News: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed

Thursday, October 25th, 2012 5:41AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 15,247

This morning brings us images of the second set of Asian exclusive seekers set from Transformersasia.com. This set is called Deluxe Seeker Set Elite and contains Ramjet, Dirge and Thrust. You can see the first set Deluxe Seeker Set Ace here.

Re: Asian Exclusive Classics Seekers.
Credit(s): Transformersasia.com
Re: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed (1433708)
Posted by Daveyi777 on October 25th, 2012 @ 5:53am CDT
Shit. I really hope these Seeker sets see an EU, specifically UK release. Dread to think what they will do to my wallet otherwise... :sad:
Re: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed (1433709)
Posted by ausbot on October 25th, 2012 @ 5:57am CDT
Rainmaker set please.
Re: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed (1433711)
Posted by CBratetron on October 25th, 2012 @ 6:07am CDT
The conehead seekers look nice. Not simply a marked-up repaint that everyone was expecting.
Still not sure I'd pay $130-170 (TFSource or BBTS price reference?) for the set though (assuming this set is similarly priced.
Re: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed (1433717)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on October 25th, 2012 @ 6:35am CDT
Kind of undecided with these recent Seeker sets. On the one hand, I'd love to get a complete set of Seekers. But on the other hand, I hate the articulation issues on these figures. Plus, they don't scale well with my MP/Generations Neo-G1 collection.

I'll probably have to stick with TT's V2 MP Seekers to complete my seeker collection.
Re: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed (1433720)
Posted by bkz on October 25th, 2012 @ 6:47am CDT
Well this mold aged really quickly. I would prefer the thrust rotf mold for the conehead seekers with remolded feet, then I would have been all over this set.
Re: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed (1433723)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 25th, 2012 @ 6:55am CDT
Ramjet needs more chrome.
Re: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed (1433733)
Posted by mooncake623 on October 25th, 2012 @ 7:52am CDT
These are ruining the value of my Seekers!!!!!!

HAHAH JK Rainmakers next!! :grin:
Re: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed (1433738)
Posted by xyl360 on October 25th, 2012 @ 8:21am CDT
Damn. I'll probably be getting these too *looks over at wallet* "Ouch, help meeeeeee!!!!"
Re: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed (1433745)
Posted by Rated X on October 25th, 2012 @ 8:56am CDT
Pass. The chrome looks so wrong on Thrust and Ramjet in jet modes. Can I just buy Dirges wings and put them on my dirge ? :-?
Re: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed (1433756)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 25th, 2012 @ 9:44am CDT
DO they have chrome? I thought it was just glossy paint. :???:

And are those Con symbols... decals? :shock:
Re: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed (1433761)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on October 25th, 2012 @ 10:03am CDT
They don't seem to have chome. Just shiny paint and Photoshop.

These are good for the guys who missed 'em. The mold's still decent ... it's the best representation of their G1 selves we've ever got for their price point.
Re: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed (1433792)
Posted by buddhaquest on October 25th, 2012 @ 12:29pm CDT
Re: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed (1433802)
Posted by xyl360 on October 25th, 2012 @ 1:49pm CDT
buddhaquest wrote:wow... if they end up doing the "Rainmakers" next, the demand would be insane... and bank accounts would empty.

I doubt they will. When these were originally announced, they showed all six. In fact, originally I thought it was going to be all six in a single set instead of splitting them up into 2 sets of 3.
Re: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed (1433811)
Posted by buddhaquest on October 25th, 2012 @ 3:06pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:

Well maybe Hasbro will... :lol: what am I thinking?!? Of course they won't! :grin:
Re: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed (1433823)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 25th, 2012 @ 3:35pm CDT
I dunno, Hasbro DID just released the proverbial Rainmaker-equivalent of the Combaticons. :-?

Ow my eyes! :shock:
Re: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed (1433832)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 25th, 2012 @ 3:43pm CDT
Hasbro did release Acid Storm. ;)
Re: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed (1433840)
Posted by xyl360 on October 25th, 2012 @ 3:55pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Hasbro did release Acid Storm. ;)

True. I'd think Takara would attempt it before Hasbro though, at least a real rainmakers set, since they did that exclusive MP Sunstorm and all.
Re: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed (1433843)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 25th, 2012 @ 4:02pm CDT
Yeah, I've been trying without success to strip the camo paint off that Acid Rain. Came off one wing, but not the other. Whaaaaa. #-o

But I digress. Seeker boxes. Like 'em a lot. Looking for the cheapest place to get them. Will probably pick them up, if I can sell enough kidneys. >:oP
Re: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed (1433850)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on October 25th, 2012 @ 4:35pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Hasbro did release Acid Storm. ;)

Yes, and what a blindingly show-accurate deco he had. ;)

Not that I didn't get one of course, and they COULD still do a more accurate deco, ala Universe Starscream, as part of a Rainmaker set. In fact, the improvements to the next Constructicon reissue make me think that HasTak has finally gotten it: If you make the same sort of media-accuracy improvements 3rd Parties and some KO makers strive for instead of just impotently complaining that you shouldn't have to compete with someone ripping off your I.P. since legal action usually isn't worth the cost, then everybody wins, and you make the official product better!

And then, just after these sets are announced...Seeker KOs on ebay apparently start suffering serious crackdowns again. And so, with no official Rainmakers/Sunstorms/Air Warriors on the horizon, the fake ones, which are paradoxically the only ones that actually exist, are further out of reach for anyone who doesn't yet have them.

So, still decent news for anyone who hasn't been able to complete their classics collection of the 6 basic seekers.

For anyone who wants the rest? Better get customizin'. And remember to be careful with that paint-thinner: it weakens plastic too, and if the Supreme Court rules that we no longer have the right to resell any trademarked or copyrighted item we've legally bought come Monday, you're going to have a hard time replacing any Acid Storms you might break in mid-decamo. I've never been prouder of all the CHMS stuff I bought from KOTOYS last thing before the axe fell! Big ol' I.P. war's a brewin' to drag out this whole decade, and we'll each have to side with the trolls or against 'em before it's through. Call me whatever you want for defending knock-offs, but if corporations stop seeing any difference between legitimate secondary markets and I.P. theft, then I fail to see the difference between the real and fake Seekers that comprise the army on my shelf. I mean, if we'll soon not be allowed to sell ANY OF THEM on ebay...
Re: Asian Market Deluxe Seeker Set Elite Revealed (1433866)
Posted by XDMan on October 25th, 2012 @ 5:35pm CDT
HHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE ME THOSE CONEHEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering