Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace

Transformers News: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace

Friday, October 12th, 2012 7:53AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,281

Happy Friday morning everyone! To kick off the day we have some new info on the previously rumored Asian market exclusive Classics Seekers Set. The first of what we assume will be two sets is dubbed "Deluxe Seeker Set Ace", and features Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp. The set will feature tweaked decos with metallic paint and come in premium packaging.

Check out the figures in the images mirrored from TransformersAsia.com below:

Re: Asian Excluive Classics Seekers.

Re: Asian Excluive Classics Seekers.

Re: Asian Excluive Classics Seekers.

Re: Asian Excluive Classics Seekers.
Credit(s): TransformersAsia.com, daimchoc

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace (1429534)
Posted by Mechastrike on October 12th, 2012 @ 9:14am CDT
i need these. my classics Skywarp is getting lonely.

=P~ all three Seekers in one box.
Re: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace (1429543)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 12th, 2012 @ 9:44am CDT
They do look pretty good, but not enough of a significant improvement for me to cough up for this mold for the....one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten: I don't know how many times. I've ran out of fingers.
Re: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace (1429556)
Posted by Swindle01 on October 12th, 2012 @ 10:34am CDT

The arms just dont work as the wings get in the way and the arms themselves cant do much because of the wings. The legs have limited movement and the figure cant even stand up that well

I keep expecting a 3rd party company to make a newer version of the seekers so they dont suck so much anymore. Prime+skyfire and afew others have stood the test of time while these guys just seem...i dunno...almost like Hasbro didnt give a crap as much. Same goes for astrotrain - hes a great figure but the 2 train bits on his arm annoy the crap outa me and it seems lazy they didnt do a solution to that problem
Re: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace (1429557)
Posted by omega666 on October 12th, 2012 @ 10:39am CDT
Wow! Selling all 3 seekers in one set? Who'd a thunk it?
Re: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace (1429558)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on October 12th, 2012 @ 10:42am CDT
I dunno, I think these figures hold up decently. The arms are fine, it's the null rays that really hinder the articulation. But they're starting to show their age with those hands.

This is great for late comers to the classics line. But I'm not one. Make Sunstorm and then we'll talk about me buying this mold again. Between regular releases and KOs I've gottent his mold tons of times.
Re: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace (1429560)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 12th, 2012 @ 10:53am CDT
I might pick this up just for skywarp... If the price isn't insane.
Re: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace (1429568)
Posted by Kibble on October 12th, 2012 @ 11:11am CDT
Swindle01 wrote:it may just be me but i find myself really hating this mould now. It just doesnt work and hasnt held up very well to others such as classic prime+skyfire+sideswipe etc

Don't worry, now that these are getting their 50th release, you can expect a new, better mold to come out in the next year or so ala MP-10...

Although I don't understand your stroking of Classics Jet/Skyfire. That mold is totally half-assed. The legs suck and it doesn't pose for crap...nor does it look all very accurate in bot mode. The seeker mold is a bit overrated, but it does a much better job than Jet/Skyfire.
Re: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace (1429575)
Posted by daimchoc on October 12th, 2012 @ 11:21am CDT
Re: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace (1429593)
Posted by Gearslide on October 12th, 2012 @ 12:08pm CDT
How has this mold not crumbled to dust with all of these seeker variants!?

There must be degradation somewhere in there.
Re: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace (1429598)
Posted by Flux Convoy on October 12th, 2012 @ 12:22pm CDT
Nnnnope! Give me a deco I don't have yet. The Classics seeker mold is one of my favorites ever. However, it's time to start filling the character gaps.
:BOT:
Re: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace (1429599)
Posted by Rated X on October 12th, 2012 @ 12:23pm CDT
This is my all time favorite Hasbro mold. This mold started me off on classics collecting. Im not really understanding all the hate and pettyness about the mold. However, the chromed paint and different launchers is not enough to make me replace my Henkei versions. They sold me with the Bruticus Maximus Asian repaint. But not these.
Re: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace (1429602)
Posted by Mekatron on October 12th, 2012 @ 12:29pm CDT
If the price is $75 or less, I'll probably bite. I sold my Classics seekers years ago & regretted it.
Re: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace (1429607)
Posted by STngAR on October 12th, 2012 @ 12:33pm CDT
Re: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace (1429608)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 12th, 2012 @ 12:39pm CDT
Better a time warp than the oddly-spiky-Prime-retools... or oddly-hollow-and-cheap-plastic FOC bots. I'm excited to see more Classics coming to the shelf, even if it is as repaints and retools. I'm happily surprised by the GDO Asia bots in person. Will be picking up these seekers and Omega/Prime as well.
Re: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace (1429615)
Posted by Rated X on October 12th, 2012 @ 1:02pm CDT
STngAR wrote:Why does it seem lately that the Asian market is in some kinda of time warp. :MAXIMAL:

It appears the Asian countries want classics, not stupid TF Prime figures. I believe "Asian Exclusives" are for countries other than Japan (They have Takara/United)
Re: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace (1429620)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 12th, 2012 @ 1:24pm CDT
Oh no... I've somehow awakened to find I am an asian country! It's like Kafka's The Metamorphosis only different.
Re: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace (1429643)
Posted by dedcat on October 12th, 2012 @ 2:37pm CDT
Seems like 80% of the toys I bought this year are some sort of retool/repaint. Cliffjumper alone had like 9 incarnations. I'm done.
Re: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace (1429653)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 12th, 2012 @ 3:40pm CDT
You thinking of the Classics/Asia GDO/Prime/Zombie spectrum of Cliffjumpers? Or did I miss something :D

Then there is the 3rd party Cliffjumper head can of worms. :-?
Re: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace (1429686)
Posted by XDMan on October 12th, 2012 @ 5:11pm CDT
While Takara makes these in Asia, Hasblow goves to the US...you guessed it: more pathetic BB's.
Re: Asian Market Exclusive Deluxe Seeker Set Ace (1429693)
Posted by xyl360 on October 12th, 2012 @ 5:22pm CDT
I may get these. I do like the metallic paint. Gotta wait to see what the cost is first though.

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers Generations IDW 30th Anniversary RHINOX New in Box - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 48 minutes 25 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations IDW 30th Anniversary WHIRL New in Box - Time Remaining: 17 days 8 hours 49 minutes 57 seconds
TRANSFORMERS MOVIE BONECRUSHER DELUXE NR-MINT COMP. 2007 FREE S/H - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 36 minutes 7 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 4 GENERATIONS DELUXE CLASS SNARL SERIES M4 #10 DINOSAUR FIGURE!! - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 24 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers 4 Age of Extinction GALVATRON & HOUND Voyager Class Generations AOE - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 24 minutes 2 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ARMADA SEREIS GALVATRON FIGURE W MINICON - Time Remaining: 18 days 6 hours 39 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers G1 1984 JETFIRE TM MIB 100% complete hasbro takara bandai japan - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 10 minutes 2 seconds
2001 HASBRO--TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE--WEDGE FIGURE (NEW) - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 27 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #151 - SDCC 2016