Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Auction Alert! Original Guido Guidi Last Stand of the Wreckers Artwork

Transformers News: Auction Alert!  Original Guido Guidi Last Stand of the Wreckers Artwork

Thursday, February 9th, 2012 11:47AM CST

Categories: Auctions, Collectables, Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 32,569

Up for grabs on auction megasite Ebay.co.uk is some impressive, original artwork by Guidi Guido. This auction includes some original pencil/ink pages from Last Stand of the Wreckers. More specifically, the page in which Kup and Guzzle get the drop on a couple of Decepticon guards and Kup does what he does best (after telling stories)! This is a truly unique piece that was featured in the finalized issue of LSOTW and with the hard back special edition coming soon, this piece is almost certain to rise in value. The image has been mirrored below and click here to view the auction.

Credit(s): ebay.co.uk
Re: Auction Alert! Original Guido Guidi Last Stand of the Wreckers Artwork (1353028)
Posted by El Duque on February 28th, 2012 @ 1:44pm CST
If you're in the market for some original Transformers comic art there are currently a few pieces from fan favorite Guido Guidi on eBay. The listings can be found by clicking here.

Re: Auction Alert! Original Guido Guidi Last Stand of the Wreckers Artwork (1353123)
Posted by all_the_primes on February 28th, 2012 @ 6:01pm CST
:DANCE: :DANCE: YEAH, but idon't have the money... :sad: WELL! I always draw nice things anyway.
Re: Auction Alert! Original Guido Guidi Last Stand of the Wreckers Artwork (1353137)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on February 28th, 2012 @ 6:23pm CST
Re: Auction Alert! Original Guido Guidi Last Stand of the Wreckers Artwork (1353300)
Posted by robotmel on February 29th, 2012 @ 2:49am CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:Without the colors, I can only assume the first panels show Starscream talking to an evil looking Bumblebee or Cliffjumper. WTF?

>:oP
Clicking on the images take you to Guido's Ebay page which describes which characters and the various mediums used!

First up is...
Thundercracker & Bumblebee
Megatron & Prime (x2)
Beastwars Megatron
Transmetal Megatron

Bidding has already kicked off! #-o

Now, I'm no artist but I feel sure the usual bristol board given to artists by comic companies is nearer A3 in size? :???:
Re: Auction Alert! Original Guido Guidi Last Stand of the Wreckers Artwork (1353569)
Posted by Guido on February 29th, 2012 @ 7:13pm CST
robotmel wrote:Those blue pencilled pre-lims look awesome but I noted the inked art for Cracker & Bee is very small, only a touch larger than A4?

Yes you're right - some publisher provides the bristol board to artists, and usually they are 11x17 ; but sometimes some artists prefer to work smaller to save time, especially if you have to ink too (personally I buy my own bristol at my local art supply stores).
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok