Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Auto Assembly 2014 - Europe's Largest Transformers Convention This Weekend (8-10 August)

Friday, August 8th, 2014 2:17AM CDT

Category: Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 21,013

For those of us dwelling on this side of the Atlantic (that's Europe, to be clear), this weekend sees Auto Assembly 2014 finally opening its doors! If you'll be part of the biggest Transformers convention on the continent, make sure to say hi, show off your hauls and photos and check out the event schedule here!

It’s been a long road getting here, but at long last we can unveil the full schedule for the weekend for Auto Assembly 2014 and we believe that it’s our best programme of events yet for Europe’s Largest Transformers Convention…

We’ve got a packed weekend of events lined up with workshops, several guest Q&A panels on every day, our infamous script reading, a live band, autograph sessions and much more – so much in fact that our team has been struggling for weeks trying to fit everything in! Anyway, you can now view and download the Auto Assembly 2014 Schedule in full as a PDF file to read on your PC, tablet or mobile device (ideal to bring with you to the convention!).
Credit(s): Auto Assembly
Re: Auto Assembly 2014 - Europe's Largest Transformers Convention This Weekend (8-10 August) (1597719)
Posted by Dough-bot on August 8th, 2014 @ 11:36am CDT
Gutted that I can't go this weekend,
Got rushed into hospital with my hernia so I'm in bed for 3 days...........

Have a great time everyone and don't get to many bargains........
Re: Auto Assembly 2014 - Europe's Largest Transformers Convention This Weekend (8-10 August) (1598047)
Posted by Blast Cannon on August 9th, 2014 @ 3:30pm CDT
Due to family commitments I'll be there from tomorrow morning. I hope my sleeping pattern is stable by then and I get a decent amount of hours kip tonight or else otherwise I'll make a really bad impression on the randoms I meet again.

Still pretty pissed off that they didn't release the schedule until two days before the convention started. I get that they don't want to piss people off if attendees drop out but I'm fairly certain that most people are understanding when real life gets in the way. I just think they should have maybe announced the schedule when the last attendee was announced which was what, a month ago? People can make decisions about whether to attend or not then.

Saying that, I'll be there again next year and hopefully for the full weekend once my house is sorted out and I'm properly moved in.

See you all tomorrow!
Re: Auto Assembly 2014 - Europe's Largest Transformers Convention This Weekend (8-10 August) (1598698)
Posted by SkyWarpsGhost on August 12th, 2014 @ 10:42am CDT
Wow that was my first AA and it was amazing!

Got to meet so many people face to face that normally I wouldn't get the chance to, and so many that I didn't :(

I couldn't have had a better time than I did this year.... Roll on AA 2015 8)
Re: Auto Assembly 2014 - Europe's Largest Transformers Convention This Weekend (8-10 August) (1600190)
Posted by Maxman on August 18th, 2014 @ 10:50am CDT
I do agree! Loved AA as did the wife. Was my first as well. Really got me back into the love of collecting these plastic dudes. Few bargins and a few missed chances, hopefully in AA 2015 I'll be a little wiser.
Re: Auto Assembly 2014 - Europe's Largest Transformers Convention This Weekend (8-10 August) (1600191)
Posted by Maxman on August 18th, 2014 @ 10:52am CDT
Oh and I Loved my 'Tech Spec Card' from Reflectors' Studios! Me and the other half got one each and we are going to get them framed. Amazing again!
Re: Auto Assembly 2014 - Europe's Largest Transformers Convention This Weekend (8-10 August) (1600692)
Posted by xyl360 on August 20th, 2014 @ 12:24pm CDT
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFv6BrlrM8c[/youtube]

I expect Gerard and co will be uploading this and the remaining footage from the rest of their set to their band's music channel located here.
Re: Auto Assembly 2014 - Europe's Largest Transformers Convention This Weekend (8-10 August) (1600941)
Posted by Blast Cannon on August 21st, 2014 @ 11:12am CDT
xyl360 wrote:For those of you who may have missed their performance at AA either due to not attending or being too busy getting plastered mingling at the bar during the show, Wolfkang has uploaded some select footage from their performance at AA consisting off the covers they played, including the tunes they did from Transformers: The Movie:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFv6BrlrM8c[/youtube]

That's awesome. :D

I'm still a little pissed that so many of us were clearly there at one point or another and there was no organised meet up. This must be done for next year.
Re: Auto Assembly 2014 - Europe's Largest Transformers Convention This Weekend (8-10 August) (1604176)
Posted by Simes on September 5th, 2014 @ 8:31am CDT
Thanks for all the comments guys. We're already working hard on the schedule for AA2015 and we are hoping to be able to announce it either in full several months before the con this time and we're actually considering the idea of releasing part of it in stages over the coming months.

We've got a lot of brand new programme items lined up for the con as well as most of the regulars returning too and we're even looking at the possibility of needing a THIRD Alternative Programme Room because of the amount we have on - we've filled one room already.

Talking of which, for a Seibertron meet if anyone wants to put something together as something formal for our Alternative Programme Room (as opposed to something in the bar!), please let me know as I can arrange to slot something in. We've had forum meets the last few years as well as live podcast recordings so I'm more than happy to give you guys a slot in the schedule.

Simon