Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime

Transformers News: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime

Thursday, May 15th, 2014 8:58AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 12,193

And you thought getting a hold of those Bathing Ape G1 Optimus Primes was tough! Thanks to the CYBERGEEKS Alliance Facebook page we have our first look at the latest Bathing Ape exclusive, a camo and green redeco of popular MP-10 Optimus Prime! Check him out below:

Transformers News: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime
Credit(s): CYBERGEEKS Alliance
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574240)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2014 @ 9:04am CDT
G.I. Prime! Real Cybertronian Herooooo! G.I. Prime is there!
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574242)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on May 15th, 2014 @ 9:09am CDT
Yuck.
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574244)
Posted by ScottyP on May 15th, 2014 @ 9:14am CDT
I hope this is more along the lines of Gray/Red BAPE G1 Prime as far as pricing and availability. That green G1 version was impossible (initially).
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574247)
Posted by Starscream on May 15th, 2014 @ 9:16am CDT
Well I'd say this just about confirms that the Purple Eva Unit-01 MP10 will become a reality
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574248)
Posted by Rated X on May 15th, 2014 @ 9:19am CDT
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574250)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2014 @ 9:22am CDT
Rated X wrote:LOL. If they ever issue vomit prime in voyager scale, I would buy him just for kicks.
That's not vomit (Toxitron is vomit), that's lime. :P
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574253)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 15th, 2014 @ 9:24am CDT
Camo trailer or GTFO!
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574262)
Posted by Siger on May 15th, 2014 @ 9:32am CDT
OOOHHHH, an MP Prime for the colorblind. How thoughtful! :SICK:
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574266)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2014 @ 9:34am CDT
Siger wrote:OOOHHHH, an MP Prime for the colorblind. How thoughtful! :SICK:
So, army jungle camo equates to colorblindness, now? >:oP
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574277)
Posted by shajaki on May 15th, 2014 @ 9:48am CDT
why why why why why.....

this might break my streak of being a MP completest. can someone please explain what the hell bathing ape is and why its being plastered on primes these days?
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574280)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2014 @ 9:50am CDT
shajaki wrote:why why why why why.....

A Bathing Ape (or "BAPE") is a Japanese clothing manufacturer who is among the many licensees of TF products that tie in their own products to help both companies' goods.
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574288)
Posted by shajaki on May 15th, 2014 @ 9:56am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:why why why why why.....

thats stupid. its not like we have transformers over here plastered with nike or pepsi.

:roll: >:oP
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574293)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2014 @ 10:03am CDT
shajaki wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:why why why why why.....

:roll: >:oP
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574296)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 15th, 2014 @ 10:06am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Image

Not to mention:

Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574333)
Posted by Diem on May 15th, 2014 @ 10:53am CDT
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574339)
Posted by spiderbob007 on May 15th, 2014 @ 10:58am CDT

His friends call him
Vomitus Prime
, but you can call him Mr. Vomitus Prime.
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574344)
Posted by mblase75 on May 15th, 2014 @ 11:15am CDT
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574347)
Posted by Blasphemous Prime on May 15th, 2014 @ 11:29am CDT
They could do Toxitron, shattered glass Prime, Dead gray Prime, Hate plague white prime, Naked albino Prime (for the people who don't like that the MP-22 cab isn't a white Prime), Don't forget silver edition and gold edition, or glow-in-the-dark Prime.

Jesus christ.
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574352)
Posted by Diem on May 15th, 2014 @ 11:34am CDT
mblase75 wrote:So, we can now get Optimus in classic red, black (Nemesis Prime), orange (Fire Guts), purple (EVA-01), and green (Bathing Ape)... did I miss any?

Yes, white (Music Label, WST, Sports Label), gold (Lucky Draw), a different black (Convoy Black Version, Sleep Mode), predominantly blue (Pepsi Convoy), clear red (Sons of Cybertron), grey (BAPE again, Machine Wars), red camo (BAPE again again), predominantly white (Hero), navy (Combat Hero RTS), peach, blue and green (Lucky Draw again), red & yellow (Spychanger, EXILE), silver (Alternity).

...that's if we're just talking G1.

Sabr, you got any to add?
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574383)
Posted by shajaki on May 15th, 2014 @ 1:26pm CDT
Diem wrote:In all seriousness though, I would happily buy an MP-10 repainted into Pepsi Convoy.

Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574386)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 15th, 2014 @ 1:28pm CDT
shajaki wrote:Image

What does that mean?
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574390)
Posted by Diem on May 15th, 2014 @ 1:35pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:
shajaki wrote:Image

What does that mean?

Looks like Ditto to me! Gotta catch them (repaints) all!
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574404)
Posted by Crystiallic on May 15th, 2014 @ 2:27pm CDT
I wonder if any nude pics are included.
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574409)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on May 15th, 2014 @ 3:16pm CDT
Green Lantern Prime if I ever saw one.
Seriously though, they seem content to release this mold in any color, as long as it's not his original colors.
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574425)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2014 @ 4:04pm CDT
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574430)
Posted by mblase75 on May 15th, 2014 @ 4:37pm CDT
Just some (more) of the many hues and shades of Optimus Prime over the years....

...it's like the Autobot Lantern Corps or something.

Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574432)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2014 @ 4:40pm CDT
mblase75 wrote:Image
That's not Optimus.

mblase75 wrote:Image
Pic is broken.

mblase75 wrote:Image
That's a fan custom.

mblase75 wrote:Image
Another fan custom

mblase75 wrote:Image
Another broken pic.
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574437)
Posted by mblase75 on May 15th, 2014 @ 4:49pm CDT
You're no fun. Updated the original post.
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574438)
Posted by ScottyP on May 15th, 2014 @ 4:50pm CDT
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574452)
Posted by shajaki on May 15th, 2014 @ 5:39pm CDT
Crystiallic wrote:I wonder if any nude pics are included.
uhhhh... what?

welcometothedarksyde wrote:Green Lantern Prime if I ever saw one.
TRU gave us one, and we got two releases of MP10 (you can even still get him at BBTS last i checked) from takara.
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574456)
Posted by Diem on May 15th, 2014 @ 5:50pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:I think the point is that you can do Optimus in any color, whenever, for whatever reason. Doesn't have to be for any reason other than "for the heck of it".

B*TCH I'M FABULOUS
Re: Bathing Ape Exclusive Camo MP-10 Optimus Prime (1574457)
Posted by Convoy on May 15th, 2014 @ 5:52pm CDT
I've been holding off on MP-10 because I was waiting to see if the Ultra Magnus mold actually incorporated it as a white Prime and because I have MP-01. I'm not an Optimus Prime completionist but they do tend to be one of the better figures in any given line. I haven't picked up the Generations Prime mold because I don't really dig the arm kibble and shield. I can only do the red/blue deco for so many similar looking bots and I'm not a fan of dupes. It looks like more colors than not are being considered for this mold and I'm guessing I'll have the pick of the litter when it comes to color pallet/homage/product tie-ins. My one hangup is that if I'm going to get this mold it needs to come with the trailer and ALL of the goodies, for a fair price, of course. (The deal-breaker for me on YOTH Prime was no Roller. I know, sounds dumb.)

I might have my work cut out for me.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars