Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014!

Transformers News: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014!

Monday, February 13th, 2012 10:29PM CST

Categories: Movie News, Press Releases, People News, Media
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 58,768

Speculation over! After today's announcement, Michael Bay has confirmed the rumors by posting a news article on his own site. He will be returning for Transformers 4 after signing a deal with Paramount Pictures for 2 movies. Not 2 Transformers films however. He will finish his work on Pain and Gain starring Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson first, and then begin his work on the next installment of the Transformers Movie.

Click here to view Michael Bay's website and read the full article.

Let the debate begin in the forums!
Credit(s): michaelbay.com
Re: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014! (1347010)
Posted by Erailea on February 13th, 2012 @ 10:32pm CST
GetRightRobot wrote:Speculation over! After today's announcement, Michael Bay has confirmed the rumors by posting a news article on his own site. He will be returning for Transformers 4

*screams into pillow*
Re: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014! (1347011)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 13th, 2012 @ 10:41pm CST
So, from what I read....

Same producers.
Same director.
Shia does NOT want to come back (though, he may change his mind after hearing this news).
It'll be 50/50 sequel and reboot. (Some characters will stay, others will be new and the whole thing "refreshed")
Same year as the anniversary.

Well, now we know what Hasbro was talking about when they said they had big plans for 2014.

I'm not sure what they're planning. I'm mystified by all of this...
Re: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014! (1347012)
Posted by dedcat on February 13th, 2012 @ 10:42pm CST
Well... I'm not happy about this, but every cloud has a silver lining. For instance, the world may end in 2012 and I'll never have to actually deal with the horrid reality that Bay is still making movies.
Re: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014! (1347013)
Posted by Burn on February 13th, 2012 @ 10:43pm CST
HA! Let the fanboy crying begin again.
Re: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014! (1347014)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on February 13th, 2012 @ 10:44pm CST
Sentinel Maximus wrote:Please get rid of Shia.

I think where all a litte tired of him screaming his lines out
ha

Thank you for making me feel I'm not alone! Yeah I think 3 chapters is enough to have to hear Shia LaDouche scream like a p*ssy so please kill his character's ass off. Hopefully 2014 should give enough time for a decent story and better portrayal of characters not having them act like a bunch of gundam clowns...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014! (1347015)
Posted by Vicalliose on February 13th, 2012 @ 10:48pm CST

The majority of the profits come from ticket sales, toys from the movies shelf warm for months or years on end, Transformers Prime is mediocre as all hell and is not a worthy replacement for Animated, the aesthetics of the movies have infected the comics and toylines, Bumblebee may never talk again. Yeah, outside of the quantity of figure molds we've been getting, nothing about the movies pleases me. The distribution for most of the new molds has been crap because of all the damn movie toys anyway.

The worst part is that I simply think it's too soon. And in fairness Bay has already done a full trilogy, this should really have been put to bed. If I couldn't call it "milking it" already, now I can.
Re: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014! (1347016)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on February 13th, 2012 @ 10:49pm CST
Eh, I never hated these movies, but I was really hoping we'd get a new director to shine a different light on this brand. I'll be optimistic, though.

One smiley response: =/
Re: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014! (1347022)
Posted by Burn on February 13th, 2012 @ 10:57pm CST
Vicalliose wrote:Y'know what? F**k it. You guys can take it. Obviously there's no reasoning with anyone who had already been a Michael Bay fan, but maybe a quadrillogy of the same junk food films will finally leave a bad enough taste in people's mouths for them to see the series as little more than a bad memory. Probably not, you people worship Hasbro like toy gods so it's unlikely.

So ... not a fan of modern TF's then? :lol:
Re: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014! (1347023)
Posted by Mkall on February 13th, 2012 @ 10:59pm CST
I shall follow the same game plan for this as I have for all the other Bay TF movies
1) Don't get hyped up, or pissed off at whatever I hear - keep expectations neutral
2) See the movie in theaters
3) Only but the fraction of figures that will go ok on my Classicverse shelves.
Re: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014! (1347026)
Posted by Ballistic90 on February 13th, 2012 @ 11:03pm CST

That sums up what I think, except I didn't care much for the Animated series either.

I don't HATE the movies completely (except the second one), but a competent director and some competent writers can take almost any concept and make it into a multi-layered, enjoyable and brilliant movie that can really give characterization instead of the B.S. stereotypes and horrible dialogue everyone has resigned to. The more you accept this kind of garbage, the more you will get this kind of garbage.
Re: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014! (1347033)
Posted by Skywarp64 on February 13th, 2012 @ 11:21pm CST
What's with all the spelling erros in news posts lately? It wasn't so bad when it was once in a while, but now it's really beginning to concern me.
Re: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014! (1347035)
Posted by Skywarp64 on February 13th, 2012 @ 11:24pm CST
Vicalliose wrote:Transformers Prime is mediocre as all hell and is not a worthy replacement for Animated,

How could you even say that? You would have me think that a show with great plot lines and story arcs, well-designed characters with interesting backstories, and both Peter Cullen AND Frank Welker, is worse than a crap fest with poorly drawn characters, Optimus and Starscream with chin tumors, and some goofy subplot with an annoying human who turns out to be a twice as annoying android?
Re: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014! (1347036)
Posted by crazyjeffy on February 13th, 2012 @ 11:24pm CST
I'm guessing Unicron will be a major baddie. Or it could be a prequel movie (because there's sooooo many nowadays)

Possibly WFC/FOC Movie-ized?
Re: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014! (1347037)
Posted by sky_fire12 on February 13th, 2012 @ 11:28pm CST
As long as they don't try to kill Optimus again, it'll be pretty pissed if i see HotRod walk on screen. BRING ON THE DINOBOTS !!
Re: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014! (1347042)
Posted by Screamfleet on February 13th, 2012 @ 11:40pm CST
My only hope, only hope....is that shia labouf is done and they get a decent, charismatic actor to focus the story on. Cause if half the movie is going to be a human, at least get one that can read their lines.
Re: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014! (1347047)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on February 13th, 2012 @ 11:53pm CST
fert.... bental... mordek... verady...

Now that i'm briefly not thinking about the thread I'm posting in, I can actually type legibally without being baffled beyond comprehension.
Re: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014! (1347048)
Posted by robofreak on February 13th, 2012 @ 11:57pm CST
It's been a awesome birthday all around with this final news for the day.

I want at least another movie-verse combiner and a toy line that isn't as lack luster as DOTM was.

Come on Hasbro, make it epic! I know you can do it.
Re: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014! (1347049)
Posted by worldsgreatest on February 14th, 2012 @ 12:11am CST
Autobot032 wrote:Well, it was inevitable. It was merely a matter of time before it was officially announced.

Now, we have that announcement.

That, coupled with the anniversary, makes me wonder if Hasbro really DOES have something BIG planned.

Yeah. And here I had actually held out hope that a proper 30th anniversary line would be what they meant. Reissues of hard to find figures, new versions of weird stuff like Breast Force or Transforming Pretender shells, and actual Minerva...

Who knows. Maybe we'll get lucky and Hasbro will spoil the fans; but I doubt it.
Re: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014! (1347055)
Posted by El Duque on February 14th, 2012 @ 12:37am CST
Here are some updates regarding the fourth Transformers film that was announced earlier today. Director Michael Bay posted on his Shoot For the Edit forums that TF: 4 will be a "re imagining":

[quote]To clarify uninformed reports coming out of Toy Fair - Steven Spielberg and I are working on a whole new re imagining of Transformers, the fourth installment. We have been working on the idea for a few months. I'm excited about where it's headed. But first I'm doing a small $20 million dollar edgy black comedy of a true crime story set in Miami called "Pain and Gain," staring Mark Wahlberg and Dwanye Johnson, and very close to signing on a couple other great actors. I'm extremely excited to simplify my film career this spring with a great character piece.

That starts filming at the end of March. I might then jump onto a very cool television show my company Platinum Dunes is selling to a major cable network. It might be my first pilot I might potentially direct. We are still working out the details of the deal.

Michael[/quote]

A press release has also been issued:

[quote]FIRST UP FOR THE PROLIFIC FILMMAKER IS “PAIN AND GAIN” STARRING MARK WAHLBERG AND DWAYNE “THE ROCK” JOHNSON, FOLLOWED BY A NEW INSTALLMENT IN THE HUGELY POPULAR “TRANSFORMERS ” FRANCHISE, TO BE RELEASED ON JUNE 29TH, 2014

HOLLYWOOD, CA (February 13, 2012) – Paramount Pictures announced today that director Michael Bay has signed a two-picture deal with the studio, which will commence this spring with the filming of “Pain and Gain,” and will be followed by the next installment in the hit “Transformers” franchise.

Based on a true story, “Pain and Gain” follows a group of bodybuilders who engaged in a campaign of kidnapping, extortion and murder in Florida. First told in an article from the Miami New Times, “Pain and Gain,” will be directed by Bay and will star Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. Expected to begin production in early spring, the movie’s producers include Bay, Donald De Line and Ian Bryce.

Following “Pain and Gain,” Bay will bring audiences a new take on the “Transformers” franchise as he begins production on the fourth installment in the hit series of movies based on the best-selling Hasbro toyline. The third, and most recent installment of the franchise, “Transformers: Dark of the Moon,” is the fourth highest global grossing film of all time with 1.24 billion dollars of worldwide box office success. Directed by Bay, the movie will re-unite the filmmaking team from the hit franchise, including producers Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Don Murphy, Tom DeSanto and Ian Bryce; and executive producers Steven Spielberg, Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian. Paramount Pictures will release the film on June 29th, 2014.

“Michael has been working on PAIN AND GAIN for a number of years but has patiently waited for the perfect casting to trigger a start," said Adam Goodman, President of Paramount’s Film Group. "Clearly his patience has paid off as we couldn't be more excited about this combo. His passion for this project is just awesome."[/quote]
Re: Bay Confirmed Transformers 4 - Preliminary Release June 29th, 2014! (1347056)
Posted by Rated X on February 14th, 2012 @ 12:38am CST