Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better"

Transformers News: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better"

Tuesday, October 23rd, 2007 4:11PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Media, Interviews
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 18,833

In a new article in the USA Today, Transformers Movie director Michael Bay states that, due to a hectic schedule promoting Transformers, he was not able to be as involved in the production of the film's DVD, on sale now, as he would have liked to be.

Read the entire article, which includes statements by Bay regarding to now record-breaking Transformers Movie DVD, on the USA Today website by clicking here.
Credit(s): usatoday.com, speedracex

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better" (418122)
Posted by Agent 007 on October 23rd, 2007 @ 4:20pm CDT
got that right!
Re: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better" (418123)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 23rd, 2007 @ 4:20pm CDT
Like deleted scenes?
Re: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better" (418125)
Posted by First Gen on October 23rd, 2007 @ 4:21pm CDT
Do you think he wanted to correct little errors in the film to make it accurate, and thats why he's not happy?

I dont know. He doesn't understand the culture he's entered into by directing TFTM. We'll buy multiple copies, special editions all that stuff.

I am happy he got the single disc version out. I want one with deleted scenes and making of TRANSORMERS before I buy a super edition version.
Re: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better" (418142)
Posted by QuietStorm on October 23rd, 2007 @ 4:33pm CDT
Does anyone actually proofread these news bits before they post them? Sheesh...
Re: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better" (418146)
Posted by Roll_Out on October 23rd, 2007 @ 4:37pm CDT
From what has been said, it seems like all the deleted scenes were worthless. The only ones I'd care about would involve the bots, and we all know that's not happening.

I thought it was a solid DVD, though I'm sure a Super Mega Ultra Edition in a collectible Metal Case will come out a month from now that I'll buy as well.
Re: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better" (418154)
Posted by Sonray on October 23rd, 2007 @ 4:40pm CDT
No excuses as to why the UK has to wait more than a month before we get it?
Re: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better" (418166)
Posted by mattyc1007 on October 23rd, 2007 @ 4:50pm CDT
on the duid did they fix the brawl/ devastator problem
Re: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better" (418185)
Posted by korean-ironhide on October 23rd, 2007 @ 5:00pm CDT
could have been more stuff
come on 2 disc collectors edition
"hours of bonus features"
should say a couple of hours of bonus features
Re: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better" (418203)
Posted by 1337W422102 on October 23rd, 2007 @ 5:15pm CDT
"Transformers Movie could have been better"
Fixed.
Re: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better" (418213)
Posted by xxaMaxx on October 23rd, 2007 @ 5:23pm CDT
korean-ironhide wrote:could have been more stuff
come on 2 disc collectors edition
"hours of bonus features"
should say a couple of hours of bonus features

A couple of hours of bonus features is hours of bonus features. Any number of hours greater than 1 typically qualifies.

Anyway, I'm happy with the single disc version that came with the "animated" Prequel Comic. Special features are fun, but I rarely go back to watch them again and again.

What I would buy would be a "Transformers: From Comics/Toys/TV to Film" documentary. Something on par with what they released for Superman Returns would be good.
Re: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better" (418221)
Posted by First Gen on October 23rd, 2007 @ 5:26pm CDT
mattyc1007 wrote:on the duid did they fix the brawl/ devastator problem

It has been reported in another thread that it was not and the Bay left it that way. Whether on purpose or not is still in question.
Re: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better" (418255)
Posted by Shin Optimus Prime on October 23rd, 2007 @ 5:40pm CDT
Yeah! Michael Bay is a Blu-ray man! I'm not really for or against either one, except that a PS3 is the only hi-def player I have, so naturally I'm for Blu-ray. Too bad Bay didn't have enough clout to get Paramount to bring Transformers to Blu-ray. :( Maybe in a year or so... (fingers crossed).
Re: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better" (418260)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 23rd, 2007 @ 5:44pm CDT

Maybe chuck in some references to his other films like the Island and Pearl Harbour, anything to promote himself.
Re: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better" (418292)
Posted by D-340 on October 23rd, 2007 @ 5:56pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:I'm sure he would have liked to self promote himself more, and was unable to or something like that.

QFT FTW!

Aside from the fact most of the bonus features blew chunks, Bays mug was plastered all over the damned place on disc 2. A way to make the DVD set better would've been to focus on the TFs, not Bay's love affair with the military or how they made sure they cast "hotties" regardless of acting ability. And, I don't know about you guys, but I can sleep better tonight knowing that an easter egg showed me they properly cast a friggin' chihuahua in a Transformers movie. UGH! :-x
Re: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better" (418426)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on October 23rd, 2007 @ 7:29pm CDT
You know what would have been a cool extra? Letting us see the bots transform in 360 degrees. Pick you angle, hit the button, see it transform.

Simple, elegant, etc.
Re: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better" (418434)
Posted by SnipeShade on October 23rd, 2007 @ 7:35pm CDT
sounds like there might be a special SPECIAL edition to be released later then? Cuz he wasn't happy. :P

It'll be his reason for making ANOTHER super TF movie dvd set. Prolly for x-mas. lol!

*hopes so*
Re: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better" (418480)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 23rd, 2007 @ 8:02pm CDT
Well color me three shades of surprised. I really did not see that one coming.

He's definitely something else, isn't he?
Re: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better" (418536)
Posted by Collector Maximus on October 23rd, 2007 @ 8:28pm CDT
1337W422102 wrote:"Transformers Movie could have been better"
Fixed.

That is precisely what I was thinking...
Re: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better" (418552)
Posted by jgilkinson on October 23rd, 2007 @ 8:40pm CDT
First Gen wrote:

Agreed... im pretty sure we all own at least 2 or three copies of the animated movie, why is this one going to be any different
Re: Bay Says, "Transformers Movie DVD Could Have Been Better" (418572)
Posted by guarayakha on October 23rd, 2007 @ 9:10pm CDT
*Waits for 2-Discs Director's Cut Edition that comes on DVD and Blu-ray next year...*