Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream

Transformers News: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream

Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 1:52PM CDT

Categories: 3rd Party News, Movie News, Sponsor News, Toy News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 42,097

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Site sponsor BigBadToyStore.com has published their pre-order page for the long awaited upgrade set for ROTF Leader Class Starscream/ Masterpiece Movie-01 Starscream.
The FWI-1 Alien Jet engine set is priced is listed as 29.99 and is slated for an October 2011 release. Just click the below image to get to the pre-order page!
Image
Credit(s): RodimalToyota, bbts
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1291929)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on September 21st, 2011 @ 2:06pm CDT
Can someone please comment in comparing Hasbro Leader class SS and MPM, they are identical as far as features go not including paint apps?? Thanks for the feedback. :VEHI:
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1291932)
Posted by donnie_707 on September 21st, 2011 @ 2:11pm CDT
i just posted this on the "ugly transformers" thread
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1291933)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on September 21st, 2011 @ 2:12pm CDT
god i want this :( and i just got a leader starscream. :-(
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1291937)
Posted by Dead Metal on September 21st, 2011 @ 2:14pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:Can someone please comment in comparing Hasbro Leader class SS and MPM, they are identical as far as features go not including paint apps?? Thanks for the feedback. :VEHI:

The only difference is that it's cast in different coloured plastics, and is painted to look like the Movie 01 design, it also has more and better paint detailings.
Pics do not do the Takara version justice.
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1291941)
Posted by MGrotusque on September 21st, 2011 @ 2:30pm CDT
donnie_707 wrote:i just posted this on the "ugly transformers" thread


HA! It is pretty ironic. I had a good chuckle when i saw this abomination on the front page. :SICK:
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1291949)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on September 21st, 2011 @ 3:00pm CDT
monstergrotusque wrote:
donnie_707 wrote:i just posted this on the "ugly transformers" thread


HA! It is pretty ironic. I had a good chuckle when i saw this abomination on the front page. :SICK:

It's a great figure though, right up there with leader Optimus.
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1291967)
Posted by freakzero1981 on September 21st, 2011 @ 3:38pm CDT
thats really no loss to me,i havent even opened mine,and i never will.
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1291996)
Posted by morphobots on September 21st, 2011 @ 5:04pm CDT
Keeping him in the box might be a good idea. Seibertron posted on Facebook last night that he fears this thing is a candidate for GPS on the bronze plastic.
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1292032)
Posted by RodimalToyota on September 21st, 2011 @ 6:38pm CDT
Really? I have beaten my cheap-o ROSS found US Leader Scream and he's got no signs of anything, except some loose hands. My Takara overpriced Leader TFTM 'Scream probably won't leave the box at this point but still...

I think that may a extremely overly cautious call on the GPS.
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1292035)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on September 21st, 2011 @ 6:43pm CDT
donnie_707 wrote:i just posted this on the "ugly transformers" thread



hey hes a decepticon its ok for him to be ugly ;)

morphobots wrote:Keeping him in the box might be a good idea. Seibertron posted on Facebook last night that he fears this thing is a candidate for GPS on the bronze plastic.


and GPS isnt a issue i believe

i had mine for a year and took off his tattoos with alcohol(which makes GPS happen quicker)

so i dont think leader screamer should havve it

my protoform starscream for the first movie turned into powder in a month
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1292047)
Posted by morphobots on September 21st, 2011 @ 7:51pm CDT
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:
donnie_707 wrote:i just posted this on the "ugly transformers" thread



hey hes a decepticon its ok for him to be ugly ;)

morphobots wrote:Keeping him in the box might be a good idea. Seibertron posted on Facebook last night that he fears this thing is a candidate for GPS on the bronze plastic.


and GPS isnt a issue i believe

i had mine for a year and took off his tattoos with alcohol(which makes GPS happen quicker)

so i dont think leader screamer should havve it

my protoform starscream for the first movie turned into powder in a month



Ryan's concern came from working on the Star Wars galleries. Apparently the knee on his Chewbacca shattered into a half dozen pieces during the shooting. He assumes it's only a matter of time for Starscream because it has similar colored plastic. Just passing on a heads-up here, is all.
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1292053)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on September 21st, 2011 @ 8:31pm CDT
morphobots wrote:
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:
donnie_707 wrote:i just posted this on the "ugly transformers" thread



hey hes a decepticon its ok for him to be ugly ;)

morphobots wrote:Keeping him in the box might be a good idea. Seibertron posted on Facebook last night that he fears this thing is a candidate for GPS on the bronze plastic.


and GPS isnt a issue i believe

i had mine for a year and took off his tattoos with alcohol(which makes GPS happen quicker)

so i dont think leader screamer should havve it

my protoform starscream for the first movie turned into powder in a month



Ryan's concern came from working on the Star Wars galleries. Apparently the knee on his Chewbacca shattered into a half dozen pieces during the shooting. He assumes it's only a matter of time for Starscream because it has similar colored plastic. Just passing on a heads-up here, is all.


do you know how quickly that the chewbacca knee shattered? was it new or not. cause my screamer seems sturdy. like i just bought him honostly( keep in mind i always transform him and... yeah im a screamer nerd ^-^)

but i will be sad if he does end up breaking..............hes my favorite :sad:
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1292055)
Posted by MGrotusque on September 21st, 2011 @ 8:39pm CDT
When GPS is mentioned in regards to this figure is it in reference to the Grey Plastic Syndrome that plagues this figure? just asking. :KREMZEEK:
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1292061)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on September 21st, 2011 @ 8:44pm CDT
monstergrotusque wrote:When GPS is mentioned in regards to this figure is it in reference to the Grey Plastic Syndrome that plagues this figure? just asking. :KREMZEEK:


it means Gold Plastic Syndrome

anything like bronze or gold will crack easy.

im not sure how easy or how long it takes but i had it happen to my protoform starscream and it happened within a months time

:sad:
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1292065)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on September 21st, 2011 @ 8:53pm CDT
morphobots wrote:
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:
donnie_707 wrote:i just posted this on the "ugly transformers" thread



hey hes a decepticon its ok for him to be ugly ;)

morphobots wrote:Keeping him in the box might be a good idea. Seibertron posted on Facebook last night that he fears this thing is a candidate for GPS on the bronze plastic.


and GPS isnt a issue i believe

i had mine for a year and took off his tattoos with alcohol(which makes GPS happen quicker)

so i dont think leader screamer should havve it

my protoform starscream for the first movie turned into powder in a month



Ryan's concern came from working on the Star Wars galleries. Apparently the knee on his Chewbacca shattered into a half dozen pieces during the shooting. He assumes it's only a matter of time for Starscream because it has similar colored plastic. Just passing on a heads-up here, is all.

I saw that and checked my Chewbacca. Sure enough his bicep split in two when I moved his arm. I don't think we're free from GPS just yet.
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1292085)
Posted by El Duque on September 21st, 2011 @ 10:12pm CDT
Well that's disheartening to hear. Maybe Hasbro/Takara should just stop using gold and bronze plastic if they can't get this under control. If they simply must have these colors use paint. Just a thought.
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1292089)
Posted by MGrotusque on September 21st, 2011 @ 10:35pm CDT
Megatronsdemise666 wrote:
monstergrotusque wrote:When GPS is mentioned in regards to this figure is it in reference to the Grey Plastic Syndrome that plagues this figure? just asking. :KREMZEEK:


it means Gold Plastic Syndrome

anything like bronze or gold will crack easy.

im not sure how easy or how long it takes but i had it happen to my protoform starscream and it happened within a months time

:sad:


I know that!!

I was just takin the piss and making a crack about how much grey plastic is on the figure.
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1292091)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on September 21st, 2011 @ 10:36pm CDT
monstergrotusque wrote:When GPS is mentioned in regards to this figure is it in reference to the Grey Plastic Syndrome that plagues this figure? just asking. :KREMZEEK:


See there ladies and gentlemen? That there is one of them jokes :lol:
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1292093)
Posted by morphobots on September 21st, 2011 @ 10:41pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Well that's disheartening to hear. Maybe Hasbro/Takara should just stop using gold and bronze plastic if they can't get this under control. If they simply must have these colors use paint. Just a thought.


As strange as this sounds, I've heard that collectors in the UK have less trouble with this. Some think it's due to climate. Maybe if you can duplicate those conditions in your display room you can delay the effects.
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1292095)
Posted by El Duque on September 21st, 2011 @ 10:48pm CDT
morphobots wrote:
El Duque wrote:Well that's disheartening to hear. Maybe Hasbro/Takara should just stop using gold and bronze plastic if they can't get this under control. If they simply must have these colors use paint. Just a thought.


As strange as this sounds, I've heard that collectors in the UK have less trouble with this. Some think it's due to climate. Maybe if you can duplicate those conditions in your display room you can delay the effects.


As if light control wasn't tough enough, now I have to replicate the atmospheric conditions of the UK in Oklahoma? "F" my life into pieces. :BOOM:
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1292096)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 21st, 2011 @ 10:51pm CDT
Meh. I guess this set is cool, but I don't really need it. That's a little expensive for what you get too.

I really hope Leader Starscream doesn't fall victim to GPS.
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1292103)
Posted by Spleenzorio on September 21st, 2011 @ 11:18pm CDT
So can these attach in plane mode as well?
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1292119)
Posted by morphobots on September 22nd, 2011 @ 12:30am CDT
El Duque wrote:
morphobots wrote:
El Duque wrote:Well that's disheartening to hear. Maybe Hasbro/Takara should just stop using gold and bronze plastic if they can't get this under control. If they simply must have these colors use paint. Just a thought.


As strange as this sounds, I've heard that collectors in the UK have less trouble with this. Some think it's due to climate. Maybe if you can duplicate those conditions in your display room you can delay the effects.


As if light control wasn't tough enough, now I have to replicate the atmospheric conditions of the UK in Oklahoma? "F" my life into pieces. :BOOM:


Keep in mind I've gotten this from just a handful of people at conventions and I've never verified it myself. I just know I use a rudimentary climate control in my room to help preserve rubber parts, and, so far, I haven't had any GPS problems. I put a pan of water in the room for humidity and I try to regulate the temperature with a fan (summer) and a ceramic heater (winter) to prevent parts from expanding and contracting with temp change. Seeing my entire G1 collection with dry rotted tires once was enough for me.
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1292257)
Posted by triKlops on September 22nd, 2011 @ 10:36am CDT
been waiting to see this posted
looks pretty interesting even if i feel the price is a little too high
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1292262)
Posted by TheTigerKing84 on September 22nd, 2011 @ 10:50am CDT
Got this from Ebay a month ago.Its very nice. It makes Starscream way more movie accurate. The boosters plug in the back were the missiles store and have a little groove to hook up firmly.After that they also have some articulation.They fold side to side, front to back , and anything in between. They include detachable blue jet flames for action poses.The boosters can also attach to the jet mode and maintain full mobility(must be rotated for jet mode). The buzz saw as seen in ROTF and DOTM,features matching paint/tatoo as Starscream.Plugs into missile launcher and can be fired (a nice little bonus)Rotates pretty nicely but depending on the launcher (some tend to pinch) friction will slow much faster. I highly recommend this for the already awesome Leader Starscream. I hope they make something like this for DOTM ultimate Optimus Prime. Making him more accurate/cooler looking with a better booster and two guns in robot mode and a bigger set of wheels and hitch for the tyrailer to hook up to ROTF Prime or Jetwing or that REALLY cool new Prime with the Stealth force.
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1292630)
Posted by dinogeist on September 22nd, 2011 @ 11:51pm CDT
RodimalToyota wrote:Already Pre-ordered, glad I did not spend the $50+ on the eBay listed set. Yay for $29.99!!!

Image


http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FWI10000&mode=retail


I kinda wish the guy who created this kit. would have also done & added into the kit a more G-1 Styled seeker head. that sort looked like the 2007 movie voyager seeker head that thundercracker had.

I honestly think the light blue missles on the back pack looks awful. I think a more blending in color should have been grey.
Re: BBTS: Preorder for FWI-1 Alien Jet engine upgrade set for ROTF Leader Starcream (1292765)
Posted by TheTigerKing84 on September 23rd, 2011 @ 10:15am CDT
deathy wrote:
RodimalToyota wrote:Already Pre-ordered, glad I did not spend the $50+ on the eBay listed set. Yay for $29.99!!!

Image


http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FWI10000&mode=retail


I kinda wish the guy who created this kit. would have also done & added into the kit a more G-1 Styled seeker head. that sort looked like the 2007 movie voyager seeker head that thundercracker had.

I honestly think the light blue missles on the back pack looks awful. I think a more blending in color should have been grey.


The Blue things are not missiles,They are supposed to be blue jet exhaust flames.They are removable.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014