Transformers News: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets

Thursday, July 31st, 2014 2:58PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 39,771

Site sponsor BigBadToyStore dropped by with a preview of some of their upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition shared exclusives! The sets include:

• Dinobot 5 pack in new gray deco
  • First Edition Opitmus Prime with Trailer and Stinger(ROTF Sideswipe redeco)
  • Autobot 5 Pack with premium deco
  • Leader Class Optimus Prime and Grimlock 2 Pack

No pricing or preorders as of yet, just a preview. Check out the images mirrored below:

BBTS SHARED EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW - TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM

This is an informational page only.
Preorder date and pricing will be disclosed at a later date.

BBTS will carry all items pictured and we plan to offer all items at official MSRP - ordering available at a later date

Transformers News: Re: BBTS Sponsor News Thread

Transformers News: Re: BBTS Sponsor News Thread

Transformers News: Re: BBTS Sponsor News Thread

Transformers News: Re: BBTS Sponsor News Thread

Transformers News: Re: BBTS Sponsor News Thread
Credit(s): BBTS
Re: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets (1595450)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 31st, 2014 @ 3:01pm CDT
That Dinobots set is sold!

That trailer Prime comes with is just a redeco of the MP-10 trailer.

Haha, Stinger's just a redeco of ROTf Sideswipe. :P
Re: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets (1595454)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 31st, 2014 @ 3:04pm CDT
Re: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets (1595457)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 31st, 2014 @ 3:10pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:In the pic that shows the trailer closed, it's silver. In the pic that shows the trailer open, it's blue. Anyone know why?
Re: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets (1595458)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 31st, 2014 @ 3:11pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:That Dinobots set is sold!

Movie accurate decos for the win!

[quote]That trailer Prime comes with is just a redeco of the MP-10 trailer.[/quote]

I'm not the first to notice it then. Shame it's the First Editon mold.

[quote]Haha, Stinger's just a redeco of ROTf Sideswipe. :P[/quote]

Swerve, it has the retooled head.
Re: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets (1595466)
Posted by reluctantyouth on July 31st, 2014 @ 3:28pm CDT

I'll gladly let BBTS take my money for their Dinobots Platinum set...I'd go as high as $225. I hope it is not more than that. At least I think Hasbro will produce more for BBTS than were produced for SDCC.

Way to go BBTS...hope you recover what was lost on the Transformers Prime Dark Energon figs from last year. These exclusives are much better. :BOWDOWN: :BOT:
Re: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets (1595471)
Posted by Bounti76 on July 31st, 2014 @ 3:45pm CDT
If Crosshairs had looked like that in his individual retail release, he wouldn't be warming pegs now...

And I am SO on board for the Dinobots redeco...SO glad I didn't spring for the SDCC set.
Re: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets (1595475)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 31st, 2014 @ 3:49pm CDT
A redeco of Sideswipe as the Stinger? Really? Dang it.
I want a legit Stinger and the 1-Step ain't cuttin' it for me.
Re: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets (1595484)
Posted by Zeedust on July 31st, 2014 @ 3:59pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Haha, Stinger's just a redeco of ROTf Sideswipe. :P

Swerve, it has the retooled head.

Either way, odd choice. Still haven't seen the movie, but doesn't Stinger look closer to Bumblebee?
Re: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets (1595485)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 31st, 2014 @ 4:01pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Haha, Stinger's just a redeco of ROTf Sideswipe. :P

Swerve, it has the retooled head.

Actually, in robot mode, Bumblebee and Stinger are exact duplicates. Only their vehicle modes are different. Reshelling Deluxe Class Bumblebee would've been ridiculously easy, but they went the cheap route.
Re: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets (1595513)
Posted by mtma on July 31st, 2014 @ 5:11pm CDT
Any Idea of prices for the Autobot 5 pack?
Re: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets (1595517)
Posted by Peridot on July 31st, 2014 @ 5:22pm CDT
I hope that these aren't finalized and that Stinger has a retooled head on the actual toy.
Re: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets (1595524)
Posted by MaverickPrime on July 31st, 2014 @ 5:33pm CDT
https://www.facebook.com/ajax/sharer/?s ... =all_modes
Hope the link works
Re: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets (1595527)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 31st, 2014 @ 5:36pm CDT
MaverickPrime wrote:Guys, I saw the packaging of the Optimus with trailer in the Transformers Colombia page and that is not Stinger, it's Sideswipe
https://www.facebook.com/ajax/sharer/?s ... =all_modes
Hope the link works
It doesn't. Can you post a pic of it?
Re: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets (1595566)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 31st, 2014 @ 7:46pm CDT
reluctantyouth wrote:Sweet...Screw the SDCC 2014 Dino Set and I'm canceling my preorder for the G1 exclusive Slog from Amazon.

:shock: Whoa! This is the first time I've heard someone dis the awesome G1 colored SDCC Dinobots Set and the Amazon exclusive Slog. I wonder how hard you said this Reluctantyouth.
Re: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets (1595587)
Posted by MaverickPrime on July 31st, 2014 @ 8:52pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/ajax/sharer/?s ... =all_modes
Hope the link works
It doesn't. Can you post a pic of it?

I they already posted it on another thread, here's the link:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ore/30970/
Re: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets (1595590)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 31st, 2014 @ 8:57pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:

You kidding? That SDCC Dinobots set is getting massacred by folks who picked up up at the con. Disappointments range from things like some of the worst cases of chrome flaking ever, to Snarl being an awful figure, to all four being quite frail and fragile due to the special materials that went into making them, to the pop up base itself being even more frail and fragile (some say it falls apart even if you just look at it funny). Thus, many are also canceling their Amazon Slog preorders.

It sounds to me like those who were disatisfied with their SDCC Dinobots sets were like a kid in the late 80's/early 90's who just bought a G1/G2/BW toy they've always wanted, only to get home and find out that it's one of the infamous victims of GPS. :P
Re: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets (1595615)
Posted by TulioDude on July 31st, 2014 @ 10:04pm CDT
These Dinobots look very good.
Also,isn't the red guy who come with OPtimus And the trailer Sideswipe?
Re: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets (1595633)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 31st, 2014 @ 11:54pm CDT
Re: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets (1595665)
Posted by dalekslayer96 on August 1st, 2014 @ 3:55am CDT
Yes! The Dinobots ARE in their movie-accurate colours! Huzzah!
Re: BBTS Reveals New Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Shared Exclusive Sets (1595687)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 1st, 2014 @ 8:53am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:It's definitely Sideswipe, not Stinger. Photos of the box for that set are already out, and Sideswipe is clearly called out on the packaging. I'm happy about that, though. A repainted ROTF Sideswipe (or more correctly, Swerve, based on the head sculpt) would be a terrible rendition of Stinger. I'd rather a repaint of Bumblebee with a new head. It wouldn't be an accurate alt mode, but the bot mode would be right at least.

Though using Sideswipe as Stinger wouldn't be without precedent. One of Sideswipe's working names was in fact "Stinger" based on his alt mode (Chevy Stingray) and was done in red to boot.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem