BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave

Transformers News: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave

Friday, September 21st, 2012 11:12AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,479

Site sponsor BigBadToyStore has listed pre-orders for Commemorative Reissues of G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave. Both are scheduled to arrive next month. Another great opportunity to acquire these classic molds for those who have missed them in the past.

#1 Commemorative G1 Optimus Prime - $69.99
BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave

#2 Commemorative G1 Soundwave with Ravage & Laserbeak
BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave
Credit(s): BBTS, Primeultimus
Re: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave (1422549)
Posted by whacko on September 21st, 2012 @ 11:46am CDT
Well, great I guess.
But weren't these released like 2-3 separate times (each) just last year? Why don't we get more regular reissues of other figures. Or better yet, just re-release the entire G1/G2 lines and put them in places like Walmart and Target where people can get them easily.
Re: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave (1422594)
Posted by Balgorra on September 21st, 2012 @ 12:49pm CDT
I feel the same way. Whats wrong with reissuing something we haven't had a ton of yet? Takara just did Devastator, maybe Hasbro could release it state side for those who cannot import. Shockwave, if they still have the mold, or Galvatron would be other good choices. For Autobots Kup, Springer, and any combiner would be good choices that I think gave not seen state reissues.
Re: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave (1422597)
Posted by redoutlander on September 21st, 2012 @ 12:51pm CDT
Yea I love both the figues but I already have them. I might pick up a Prime becuase my original G1 is missing a hose, and has a broken door. I'd love to see a rerelease of all the cars and seekers. I missed out on the bug G1 reissue at TRU back in 2004.
Re: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave (1422605)
Posted by Mkall on September 21st, 2012 @ 1:06pm CDT
Again with these figures?
Re: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave (1422606)
Posted by Crystal Rodimus on September 21st, 2012 @ 1:10pm CDT
Are these coming to TRUs or just BBTS?
Re: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave (1422609)
Posted by FracturedKoi on September 21st, 2012 @ 1:14pm CDT
Another release of Shortstackimus Prime? Is it really that necessary to snip the stacks? Would a kid really buy and play with Prime roughly enough that the stacks pose a problem?
Re: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave (1422610)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 21st, 2012 @ 1:15pm CDT
so are these the TRU ones or is this a new reissue run? Also what version of soundwave are they using if its not the TRU versions, is it the double tape door or the single?
Re: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave (1422622)
Posted by MGrotusque on September 21st, 2012 @ 1:41pm CDT
:roll:
Re: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave (1422627)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 21st, 2012 @ 2:03pm CDT
I already have them, of course. Optimus Prime was a must at the very start of my collection. I had to buy separate smokestacks and mod my re-issue.
As for Commemorative Soundwave, I finally got him in a trade for a KO Battle Tanker I middle-manned less than a month ago.

Still, like many of you said, I would have preferred something else. Instead of Optimus Prime, reeissued over 9000 times, why not Ultra Magnus? Instead of Soundwave, why not Shockwave? Okay, forget Shockwave. I bet the "nozzle" you put at the end of the Phaser mode would be security orange. Galvatron would have been a better reissue. The real desing already have the orange tip.
Re: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave (1422651)
Posted by Anonymous. on September 21st, 2012 @ 3:11pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Again with these figures?

[color=teal]
I think it's fair to say that 80% of the adult collecting scene have these figures. >:oP [/color]
Re: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave (1422683)
Posted by Crystal Rodimus on September 21st, 2012 @ 4:41pm CDT
I've got the 25th Anniversary Prime reissue, but I don't have a Soundwave yet, so I'd love if this hit TRU again (though at a bad time, w/ MP Prime and all the Asian exclusives hitting soon too).
Re: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave (1422686)
Posted by NTESHFT on September 21st, 2012 @ 4:49pm CDT

100% agreed with the previous posts. AT least 85% of collectors should have one if not both of these guys already. Why not do other G1 reissues. I would give my left energon cube if they would do another mold of Sunstreeker. At least they could use that mold 3 times for the yellow, red, and maybe a SG version, if they wanted to go bold. Something else, anything else..... :HEADHURTS:
Re: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave (1422701)
Posted by jamarmiller on September 21st, 2012 @ 5:32pm CDT
well I am happy about the Soundwave being re-done, my boy just started being introduced to G1 ( he is 4 ) and he loves soundwave and wants a toy of him and says so everytime he sees him on the cartoon
Re: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave (1422828)
Posted by KNM2012 on September 22nd, 2012 @ 12:23am CDT
There is a reason why I am trying to stick with Takara/Takara Tomy, despite the fact that I either need to step up my ante or retire the idea of obtaining a "Henkei!" Skyfire, "Encore" Convoy, and/or "Masterpiece" Grimlock. It is because when they debuted their Encore line, they made it the way it was made... With a few minor improvements. This version has me feel like safety regulations are more important than the adult fanbase it is made for.

So I am passing on both, but recommending Soundwave on grounds that he doesn't have any modifications that would make him look weird (much less can still be broken off or even be an issue). >:oP

[quote="headsortails"]Got'em both already. And I'm slightly aggravated that my wife paid 150 for my Prime she got me for Christmas. Can't tell her about this.../quote]

Not to butt in, but why be aggravated at all? I mean your wife put the intention of spending $150 on something she knew that you would love... Not pay $150 on something she knew that you did not want but would not deny because you love her too much. Besides, it might be a sign to set up a system between you two when it comes to doing both the gift giving and money saving. ;)

Then again... I tend to be a sentimental fool, putting the love placed on something I give the one I am with before the price I paid for it. :-B
Re: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave (1422839)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 22nd, 2012 @ 12:45am CDT
Re: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave (1422845)
Posted by redoutlander on September 22nd, 2012 @ 1:09am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:The Soundwave international versions always have the missile launchers gutted out.

uhh that's the worst. My TRU Reissue Preceptor has a glued trigger and it drives me nuts! I wish they at least had the trigger toggle with no spring because the missiles just fall right out.

I say that a little danger in the toys is natural selection. Meaning Naturally Select a age appropriate toy for your child.
Re: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave (1422854)
Posted by Burn on September 22nd, 2012 @ 2:12am CDT
Mkall wrote:Again with these figures?

Now now Mkall. I'm sure SOMEONE out there still hasn't got them!
Re: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave (1422855)
Posted by redoutlander on September 22nd, 2012 @ 2:17am CDT
Burn wrote:
Mkall wrote:Again with these figures?

Now now Mkall. I'm sure SOMEONE out there still hasn't got them!

Hmm is this my chance to make a rover army?
Re: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave (1422856)
Posted by Burn on September 22nd, 2012 @ 2:20am CDT
redoutlander wrote:
Burn wrote:
Mkall wrote:Again with these figures?

Now now Mkall. I'm sure SOMEONE out there still hasn't got them!

Hmm is this my chance to make a rover army?

Why not?
Re: BBTS Sponsor News: Commemorative Reissues G1 Optimus Prime and Soundwave (1422862)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on September 22nd, 2012 @ 3:44am CDT
I'm probably one of the extreme few adult collectors who doesn't own or want any of the G1 reissues.

I grew up in the 80's during the TF boom, but looking at the G1 toys now, they just don't appeal to me half as much as the much more articulated and advanced Generations and MP toys.

But if I were to ever want a G1 toy, it'd be Optimus and him alone. And it would be the Takara Tomy version, not the Hasbro one with the neutered smokestacks.

Ending Soon On eBay

MIB Takara Transformers Beast Wars Japan Rhinox C-7 Rhinoceros Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 30 minutes 45 seconds
MIB Takara Transformers Beast Wars Japan Cheetor C-3 Cheetah Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 19 minutes 1 second
Transformers Generations G2 Combiner Wars MENASOR Collection Pack SEALED, NEW! - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 50 minutes 31 seconds
1999 Transformers Beast Wars Deluxe Transmetals 2 Maximal PROWL Factory Sealed - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 37 minutes 25 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Beast Wars Deluxe Transmetals 2 Hero Maximal Cheetor 1998 MO - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 23 minutes 16 seconds
MIB Takara Transformers Beast Wars Japan Airazor C-10 Falcon Bird Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 51 seconds
Transformers G1 1980 1982 DIACLONE mold JAZZ takara Japan - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 19 minutes 6 seconds
100% Hasbro Transformers Platinum Ed Dinobots G1 Head Grimlock Slug Slog Set 5 - Time Remaining: 4 days 37 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks