Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Beast Wars Rampage Voice Actor Campbell Lane Passes Away at 78

Transformers News: Beast Wars Rampage Voice Actor Campbell Lane Passes Away at 78

Saturday, February 8th, 2014 4:16PM CST

Categories: Cartoon News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 16,449

We have come to learn from the Transformers Collector's Club Twitter feed that Canadian voice actor Cambpbell Lane has passed away at the age of 78. He is well known in the Transformers community for his work on Beast Wars Rampage. You can read an obituary here.

Cam was sent off with much love on January 30, 2014 in his 78th year with his best friend and soul mate, Diane his bride of 32 years, by his side.

He is lovingly remembered by his children, DeeDee, Geoff (Liz, Scythia), Tisha, and Randy ( Anna, Katherine); his grandchildren, Raven, Devon, Hayden and Ethan; and his great granddaughter, Jade. He will also be deeply missed by his siblings, Deirdre, Heather, Peter and Chris and their families; his mother-in-law, Peggy Wood; sister-in-law, Laura Eldridge; brother- and sister-in-law Andy and Donna Wood; his special niece and nephew, Morgan and Ryan Wood; and many close friends, including those regulars at "The Buck."

Cam was known and well respected in the movie, commercial, and voiceover industry. He loved all sports and golf in particular, and was happy if he could help knock a few strokes off someone's game. Cam loved to spend time in the comfort of his home enjoying Diane's great cooking and his cuddly Siamese, Cleo.

Donations may be made in Cam's memory to the Richmond Hospital Foundation or to the BC Lung association. Please remember and celebrate Cam's life in your own special way. - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thepro ... jdsCC.dpuf
Credit(s): TFCC, Legacy

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Beast Wars Rampage Voice Actor Campbell Lane Passes Away at 78 (1548988)
Posted by Archanubis on February 8th, 2014 @ 4:31pm CST
So sad. :-(

:CON:
Re: Beast Wars Rampage Voice Actor Campbell Lane Passes Away at 78 (1548992)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on February 8th, 2014 @ 4:54pm CST
Rest in peace, Mister Lane.

Now, Rampage AKA Protoform X is really dead :( :sad: :PREDACON:
Re: Beast Wars Rampage Voice Actor Campbell Lane Passes Away at 78 (1548993)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 8th, 2014 @ 4:54pm CST
Sad to see him go. He brought so much character to the character Rampage.
Re: Beast Wars Rampage Voice Actor Campbell Lane Passes Away at 78 (1548995)
Posted by Mkall on February 8th, 2014 @ 5:06pm CST
That's a real sad day. I wasn't aware he was that old.

Rampage, while not my favourite character, was really well done just like the rest of that series.

Re: Beast Wars Rampage Voice Actor Campbell Lane Passes Away at 78 (1549001)
Posted by Emerje on February 8th, 2014 @ 5:31pm CST
Just as we're getting a new Rampage/Protoform X figure. What sad timing. :sad:

Emerje
Re: Beast Wars Rampage Voice Actor Campbell Lane Passes Away at 78 (1549013)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 8th, 2014 @ 6:40pm CST
Bummer. He really brought a lot to the character - I loved the Hannibal Lecter qualities of his performance.

Riposi in Pace, Mr. Lane.
Re: Beast Wars Rampage Voice Actor Campbell Lane Passes Away at 78 (1549015)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 8th, 2014 @ 6:44pm CST
For once, I feel a character quote would be very inappropriate here.

So instead, a pic Rampage showing his sympathetic side:

Re: Beast Wars Rampage Voice Actor Campbell Lane Passes Away at 78 (1549022)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 8th, 2014 @ 7:15pm CST
He did a great job on Protoform X.
Re: Beast Wars Rampage Voice Actor Campbell Lane Passes Away at 78 (1549030)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on February 8th, 2014 @ 7:49pm CST
this guy was also DR. X from action man, and Skeletor from the New Adventures of He-Man
Re: Beast Wars Rampage Voice Actor Campbell Lane Passes Away at 78 (1549081)
Posted by primematrix1986 on February 8th, 2014 @ 11:10pm CST
May God rest his soul!
Re: Beast Wars Rampage Voice Actor Campbell Lane Passes Away at 78 (1549145)
Posted by morphobots on February 9th, 2014 @ 7:34am CST
So creepy that I was cleaning off my Rampage last night and then this is posted. Very sad news. My thoughts go out to his family.
Re: Beast Wars Rampage Voice Actor Campbell Lane Passes Away at 78 (1549158)
Posted by griftimus prime on February 9th, 2014 @ 8:37am CST
the guy did an incredible job. rampage was one of my favorite characters on the show. even though the cloning of starscreams spark was stupid and bs
Re: Beast Wars Rampage Voice Actor Campbell Lane Passes Away at 78 (1549176)
Posted by vectorsigma757 on February 9th, 2014 @ 9:37am CST
Sad it hear. Praying for his family and friends. Definitely was a great talent.
Re: Beast Wars Rampage Voice Actor Campbell Lane Passes Away at 78 (1549186)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 9th, 2014 @ 10:12am CST
A shame really, another shame is that I only know him from Beast Wars.
But his performance as Rampage was awesome, and doesn't match up with his actual face, so can only guess at how incredible his other voices where.

I hope his final moment weren't painful for him.
Re: Beast Wars Rampage Voice Actor Campbell Lane Passes Away at 78 (1549189)
Posted by Va'al on February 9th, 2014 @ 10:36am CST
Dead Metal wrote:I don't quite understand the wording there, does it say that he died together with his wife, or that she held his hand while he died?

By someone's side is a fairly ambiguous statement, I'll agree, but I am assuming they mean she was present when he died.
Re: Beast Wars Rampage Voice Actor Campbell Lane Passes Away at 78 (1549237)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 9th, 2014 @ 2:31pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:A shame really, another shame is that I only know him from Beast Wars.
I know him from Beast Wars as Rampage, from Action Man as Dr. X, and from Gundam Wing as the Narrator. His other roles are foreign to me (I might have seen his role of Mastermind in X-Men: Evolution, but I didn't follow that show very much at the time and missed a ton of episodes, so I don't remember him in there).
Re: Beast Wars Rampage Voice Actor Campbell Lane Passes Away at 78 (1549243)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 9th, 2014 @ 3:07pm CST
Va'al wrote:

I guess that makes the most sense, it's just that every time I read that sentence, it sounds different to me. I wish they would have worded it better.

Sabrblade wrote:

I know a good deal of the shows he's been in having grown up with them, but all of those shows I've watched in German on TV, while Beast Wars was always a show I could only watch in English, like most TF shows.
so I would have to go and check out older shows again, which I'll likely do, but if I recognize him then I'll likely feel nostalgic for Rampage, and then sad.

A shame he was never used for anything else TF wise, the Rampage voice and performance was so very cool.
Re: Beast Wars Rampage Voice Actor Campbell Lane Passes Away at 78 (1549528)
Posted by TurboMMaster on February 10th, 2014 @ 4:33pm CST
Farewell Mr. Lane, you did a great job.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok