Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Beast Wars Season 1- Coming to Germany

Transformers News: Beast Wars Season 1-  Coming to Germany

Monday, February 20th, 2012 4:37PM CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Collectables, Media
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 41,770

That's right German Trans-Fans! Beast Wars is finally coming to Germany in a DVD box set starting with the complete first season. This set will feature both German and English dubbed audio and additional subtitle options. This set will be complete and unedited! Get every bit of Transformers Beast Wars action as it was intended. No word yet on additional content and no official commitment to Season's 2 or 3. Amazon.de has listed the item here. Check out the stunning box art below:

Credit(s): Amazon.de
Re: Beast Wars Season 1- Coming to Germany (1349688)
Posted by craggy on February 20th, 2012 @ 4:51pm CST
hells yeah!
I'm not German, but I do like European releases of stuff that's hard to get PAL copies of. Had to go to Amsterdam for a copy of Superman The Animated Series (yeah, that's the only reason, I swear! :saint: ) but I might be able to pre-order this, or at least get it after the fact, because now I know, and knowing is half the battle.
Re: Beast Wars Season 1- Coming to Germany (1349689)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 20th, 2012 @ 4:52pm CST
:KREMZEEK:
This is also good news for UK based fans, it's the same region.

I don't think there will be season 2 and 3 though, those where never dubbed into German.
Re: Beast Wars Season 1- Coming to Germany (1349700)
Posted by Sodan-1 on February 20th, 2012 @ 5:31pm CST
As a Brit, I'm not jealous or bitter.

:BOOM:

I read the bit where it will come with German and English audio, but is there any reason the English version wouldn't be Chalk and co.? So long as it's them I'll probably find a way to pick this up. We're suffering from a distinct lack of Beast in Europe.
Re: Beast Wars Season 1- Coming to Germany (1349714)
Posted by amtm on February 20th, 2012 @ 6:33pm CST

By the way, if anyone's worried about regions, you can easily play any region on your computer with a utility. I use DVD43 on my computer and haven't had any problems with it.

Re: Beast Wars Season 1- Coming to Germany (1349725)
Posted by craggy on February 20th, 2012 @ 7:04pm CST
amtm wrote:I'd buy the German release if it weren't so expensive. (Would be good practice, and I'm not really a fan of the English voice acting anyway.) The whole series American release is $37 at Amazon right now.

it's not so much regions as PAL vs NTSC. One gives a nice picture, the other is American. Although, granted, it may be better nowadays. But a few US VHS and DVDs in the past have given me headaches.
Re: Beast Wars Season 1- Coming to Germany (1349849)
Posted by Sodan-1 on February 21st, 2012 @ 7:56am CST
craggy wrote:it's not so much regions as PAL vs NTSC. One gives a nice picture, the other is American.

:lol:

craggy wrote:Although, granted, it may be better nowadays.

It's not. I bought Shout! Factory's Beast Wars Season 1 and it's not too pretty on PAL machines.
Re: Beast Wars Season 1- Coming to Germany (1349963)
Posted by Bouncy X on February 21st, 2012 @ 1:01pm CST
that's a damn nice cover, wish we got that for the complete series collection. makes the show seem so dark and serious. lol
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok