Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer!

Transformers News: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer!

Monday, February 7th, 2011 3:50PM CST

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 95,315

It's the behemoth we've all been waiting for. Our insiders in Singapore state the 'Ultimate Optimus Prime' toy features a Voyager Optimus Prime with a large trailer. The toy's class size is still up in the air, but it doesn't really matter right now, we've got images of the biggest version of Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime. Behold!

Transformers Mechtech Ultimate Optimus Prime Action Figure
With the upcoming Transformers: Dark of the Moon movie, one of the most iconic characters in the Transformers lore will capture the spotlight as his heroic story becomes the focus of the first-ever 3D Transformers movie. Now, an action figure befitting such an icon will be available with the new Transformers Mechtech Ultimate Optimus Prime action figure. The figure includes the Autobot leader's classic trailer that doubles as a weapons arsenal and is an integral part of the figure's converting play pattern. The Mechtech Ultimate Optimus Prime figure features three modes of conversion – vehicle, robot, and robot with "mech suit." The trailer, which serves as a weapons depot and command center, also converts into a "mech suit" that Optimus Prime shows off when it's time to rumble. Featuring lights, launching projectiles, electronic battle sounds and Optimus Prime phrases, this is the must-have item for kids and fans alike.

(Courtesy of io9)

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): TheStrategist, Dark Psi, Robb Clarke, sampsonhead

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer! (1178962)
Posted by Kibble on February 7th, 2011 @ 3:51pm CST
I like how it's the "Ultimate" Optimus Prime with an $80 price tag, yet they can't manage to even paint the fuggin' wheels. But that's probably the least of this toy's issues. Yup, buying this would break my only rule of avoid buying suck...
Re: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer! (1178966)
Posted by NOBODY LOVES WHEELIE on February 7th, 2011 @ 3:57pm CST
Oh very nice...Butterfly Princess Prime.

I swear to God I'm gonna get him a skirt.
Re: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer! (1178968)
Posted by RiddlerJ on February 7th, 2011 @ 3:58pm CST
So it doesn't do anything except become a set of bad wings?
Re: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer! (1178972)
Posted by Burn on February 7th, 2011 @ 4:02pm CST
Hasbro designers once again come through with the laziness.
Re: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer! (1178973)
Posted by OlivusPrime on February 7th, 2011 @ 4:03pm CST
Looking pretty good thus far, robot is a LOT better than the Voyager version, so I'm glad I won't be getting that. Robot mode still only looks alright, the legs are very good, but the arms and back kibble seem to ruin it a bit. The truck mode looks fairly big, so perhaps (and here's hoping) ROTF Optimus can at least attach to the trailer. Combined mode is pretty disappointing, but I'll wait for better pictures before denying it completely. The description says that the trailer can form ye olde Combat Deck mode, so I can't wait for pics of that.

Look at the back of the combined mode wings - SO MANY MECHTECH PORTS!
Re: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer! (1178974)
Posted by Megazarak on February 7th, 2011 @ 4:03pm CST
It looks alright, albeit not as good as it could be. That being said, at that price, I don't know if a purchase could be justified.
Re: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer! (1178975)
Posted by griftimus prime on February 7th, 2011 @ 4:06pm CST
epic fail
Re: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer! (1178977)
Posted by rpetras on February 7th, 2011 @ 4:08pm CST
Well, that isn't the voyager we've seen, and with the relatively simplistic transform on the main bot, I'm betting he'll be at or near deluxe-sized.

I don't mind the butterfly wings, but the MASSIVE FISTS OF JUSTICE!(tm) and the Super-Pants Prime styled legs kind of kill it for me.
Re: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer! (1178979)
Posted by Brilock on February 7th, 2011 @ 4:08pm CST
At least it looks way better than that voyager crap that we have been seeing, I just knew that hasbro wouldn't do prime that much in justice! It isn't a definate buy yet but so far looking to be right after megs and shockwave.
Re: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer! (1178982)
Posted by Anonymous. on February 7th, 2011 @ 4:11pm CST
[color=teal]Obvious mistransformation.. should look like Freedom.

[/color]
Re: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer! (1178984)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on February 7th, 2011 @ 4:12pm CST

I really wish they'd re-used the Battle Blades Optimus Prime mold and modded it as needed. The arms on this new one are lame, I jsut hope the movie model is not the same. The super mode is a little over the top, even compared to previous Super Primes like Powermaster and Cybertron, pretty nuts on their own. I want to see the command center mode.
Re: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer! (1178985)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 7th, 2011 @ 4:14pm CST
Thats the best they could come up with for a combined mode? So is every one happy he has a trailer now? Was hoping for a RID or or a Cybertron homage but i guess not. Thats a nice alt mode but not $80 nice.
Re: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer! (1178988)
Posted by dirk2243 on February 7th, 2011 @ 4:16pm CST
I'd like to get one, but I'm thinking mine will stay in truck mode.

Optimus alone isn't bad, however I think they could have spent more time with it, especially the hands. Don't understand why it couldn't have almost been a copy of BB Optimus and added the trailer?
Re: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer! (1178989)
Posted by Sodan-1 on February 7th, 2011 @ 4:17pm CST
And just think, these are the Hasbro Photoshop images. The real thing will probably be so ugly that it'll make me eat my own face.
Re: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer! (1178990)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on February 7th, 2011 @ 4:17pm CST
Robot and alt mode look quite nice. COmbined... the hell?? :BANG_HEAD: :roll:
Re: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer! (1178991)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 7th, 2011 @ 4:18pm CST
Huh.

TFM = We are n00bs at making Bayformers and therefore teh suck.
ROTF = Collectors' line, in other words, too complicated for kids.
DOTM = We overcompensate for ROTF by making Armada 2.0.

They really should've stuck with one of the existing voyager molds, because this thing is pathetic. The alt mode and regular robot legs look decent, but that's about it. Arms are fail. Shoulder kibble is fail. Combined is just... not good. Like Armada Prime! I dunno. The only way I could ever see myself picking this up is if it's mistransformed in this pic and gets a Magnus repaint & remold.
Re: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer! (1178993)
Posted by Kibble on February 7th, 2011 @ 4:20pm CST
Hip-Hoptimus Rime wrote:I didn't see an $80 price anywhere, did I miss it? It's a Voyager w/ trailer, so let's hope maybe $50. I'd buy it for that, maybe 60 with some good reviews.

I saw the price listed on TFW...
Re: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer! (1178996)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on February 7th, 2011 @ 4:21pm CST
I WAS looking forward to this...The robot mode is such a let down...

Hasbro needs to focus on quality rather than silly gimmicks. :BANG_HEAD: (They improve upon Star Wars every time, so what gives?)

This DOTM line is taking a step backwards. But as long as they sell (which they most likely will) to the young'uns of the target customer, it'll be fine(!)

Really hope this isn't the one we've heard will have motion-sensors and such! (If it is, oh dear...)
Re: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer! (1178997)
Posted by Anonymous. on February 7th, 2011 @ 4:23pm CST

[color=teal]
io9 said it's going for $79.99 [/color]
Re: Behold, Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime With Trailer! (1179001)
Posted by dirk2243 on February 7th, 2011 @ 4:28pm CST
You can kind of see this mode in the superbowl commercial when Prime comes flying in and then he seems to rip it off right about the 24-25 second mark. But this looks in no way as good as that did.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 Decepticon Skywarp Action Figure Incomplete - Time Remaining: 5 days 2 hours 10 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Fire Predaking Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 15 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Universe Blaster - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 31 minutes 39 seconds
LOT TRANSFORMERS FIGURE LEGENDS CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME MEGATRON GRIMLOCK BUMBLEBEE - Time Remaining: 6 days 16 hours 3 minutes 24 seconds
TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS FIGURE DESTRON TAKARA D 16 GALVATRON MEGATRON LOOSE US - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 5 minutes 13 seconds
* Transformers DOTM Dark of the Moon Movie Leader Class Ironhide - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 4 minutes 51 seconds
Optimus Prime Metallic Version Metalforce Collection Medicom Transformers Takara - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 27 minutes 5 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 Smokescreen TRU Reissue U.S. SELLER! Sealed FREE SHIP - Time Remaining: 25 days 12 hours 57 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive