BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons

Transformers News: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons

Thursday, January 27th, 2011 7:16PM CST

Categories: Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 71,654

The BotCon 2011 Website has gone live, fully unveiling the theme of the box set as well as giving us our first look at one of the figures:

BotCon 2011 wrote:01/27/2011 - Welcome to the BotCon 2011 Convention page! BotCon will be here again before we know it, and with so much Transformers excitement coming this year you can expect that BotCon will be bigger than ever!

Currently, only a few links are active as we are still compiling all of the info for this years show. However, we do have our first major announcement here and now! The BotCon 2011 convention set theme... One of the most popular lines in Transformers history is back, and the five figures that make up the BotCon convention set will be the ultimate addition to your collection. Get ready for Transformers Animated Stunticons!

You can check out the first figure from this convention set right now by clicking the "Con Exclusives" button! Stay tuned as we will have plenty more information on this years set theme, the story and of course, figure exclusive reveals!

The BotCon site has unveiled Animated Dead End, a redeco of Animated Jazz in rich burgundy, gold, and purple.

They have also unveiled a new logo for the team, based on the "Crash Test Dummy" Slow Motion Camera Tracking Swatches, with the Decepticon Logo:

Stick with Seibertron.com for our continued coverage of BotCon 2011!
Credit(s): BotCon.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons (1174557)
Posted by stocky on January 27th, 2011 @ 7:23pm CST
Almost makes me wish I was going. Maybe I'll order the non-attending package this year...
Re: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons (1174558)
Posted by goshjosh95 on January 27th, 2011 @ 7:23pm CST
Hell. Yes. ;)^
Re: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons (1174559)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on January 27th, 2011 @ 7:23pm CST
This is awesome! I'm predicting Voyager Prime for Motormaster and Rodimus for Wildrider. I'm sure Blurr will be used too.
Re: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons (1174560)
Posted by GEEWUN on January 27th, 2011 @ 7:24pm CST
... Animated....

MENASOR?!?!?!?!?!?

I SMELL A KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITBASH!!!!!!
Re: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons (1174561)
Posted by El Duque on January 27th, 2011 @ 7:26pm CST
Magnificent! These will be mine. Now just find some kind soul to pick up the attendee only figures.
Re: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons (1174562)
Posted by omega666 on January 27th, 2011 @ 7:26pm CST
Yes! EASY pass.
Re: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons (1174564)
Posted by Mkall on January 27th, 2011 @ 7:29pm CST
Very interesting.

It may be a neat idea for me to keep them, but that would violate my anti-animated policies.

Most likely this'll be the first set I sell off to recoup costs.

I'm still going to go though, I love Botcon despite the figures.
Re: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons (1174565)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on January 27th, 2011 @ 7:32pm CST
I'd actually squeal with joy if they used Magnus. I hope they don't use Wreck Gar.
Re: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons (1174566)
Posted by DavidT on January 27th, 2011 @ 7:33pm CST
Hmmm... I suspect they'll use Voyager Prime, Jazz, Blurr, Lockdown, and Rodimus for the molds... I'm already excited whatever they decide!
Re: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons (1174568)
Posted by Ojunix on January 27th, 2011 @ 7:33pm CST
Motormaster: Voyager Prime Mold

Drag Strip: Blurr Mold

Dead End: Jazz Mold

Wildrider: Rodimus Mold

Breakdown: Bumblebee Mold or Lockdown Mold

What do you think Guys you agree or Disagree?

Damn I give anything for this Botcon Set I Love Animated :c
Re: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons (1174569)
Posted by griftimus prime on January 27th, 2011 @ 7:44pm CST
repaint fail
Re: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons (1174570)
Posted by adamassc on January 27th, 2011 @ 7:45pm CST
It's official: Botcon hates me.
Re: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons (1174572)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 27th, 2011 @ 7:54pm CST
Sigh. Okay, I was all behind the Animated theme, but unless they've retooled these figures so they actually form Menasor (and yes, I know what the odds are...), I'm officially disappointed. I can understand the fallout from that seeker set making them wary of doing a bunch of characters from the show that would complete a set started at general retail. Hasbro may have even mandated they focus on something neat but unique enough that fans could take it or leave it, as there was still that listing for Animated Thundercracker and Mudbuster Bulkhead on their site a few months back (or has that been stated to be totally meaningless?). However, considering how many posters yesterday were saying they wouldn't want any sort of Animated set, in this case I'm not sure demand would've outpaced supply more than for any other Botcon set. Isn't Animated just sort of a niche TF interest now?

Regardless, I still have high hopes for this set. And if all else fails...there's still a good chance that company doing TFA knock-offs will come through for us with repainted voyager Thundercracker and Ramjet, and maybe a Slipstream made from an enlarged Activator or Legends mold.

There, I said it, and until we get word of some official Starscream clones, I feel no shame about endorsing KOs of characters that HasTak and FunPub have not stated interest in producing.
Re: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons (1174576)
Posted by NTESHFT on January 27th, 2011 @ 8:04pm CST
I dare to ask if these guys will actually combine. If not- I'm sure that they will look good, but to me it defeats the purpose of what they truly are- Combiners. So I doubt I will shell out the cash (in which I'm sure they will be expensive in the secondary. I won't be able to make it to Pasadena) For them..... But if they do (wishful thinking, of course) I may sell someone's soul to get them......
Re: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons (1174581)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on January 27th, 2011 @ 8:12pm CST
BIG FAT pass i hate the animated line i dont and never will own one.
Re: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons (1174582)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 27th, 2011 @ 8:13pm CST
What a strange choice for a repaint, Jazz --> Dead End. Although the head kinda works.... well, I don't know about that mustache. Strange stuff.

I highly doubt they'll combine, much less beyond the "cars slapped onto MotorMaster's limbs" approach.
Re: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons (1174584)
Posted by SlyTF1 on January 27th, 2011 @ 8:16pm CST
OMG!!! I need this! I freaking need this!
Re: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons (1174586)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 27th, 2011 @ 8:22pm CST
I think my buddy Randy Jackson wants to comment on this;

Randy Jackson wrote:Alright y'all, that mustache of yours? Tight, dawg! Congrats, you're getting a yes from me, which means you're going to Hollywood!

Well said Randy, well said. :lol: If only Simon were here to give us even more entertainment...
Re: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons (1174588)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 27th, 2011 @ 8:28pm CST
Ojunix wrote:Motormaster: Voyager Prime Mold

Drag Strip: Blurr Mold

Dead End: Jazz Mold

Wildrider: Rodimus Mold

Breakdown: Bumblebee Mold or Lockdown Mold

What do you think Guys you agree or Disagree?

Damn I give anything for this Botcon Set I Love Animated :c

I don't think they'll use Blurr for Drag Strip. Remember they've already used that mold for Cheetor. Not only are they both yellow, but FunPub really doesn't like reusing the same mold.
Re: BotCon 2011 Box Set - Animated Stunticons (1174590)
Posted by Mechas8n on January 27th, 2011 @ 8:29pm CST
I believe that Wreck Gar will be Motormaster. Truck alt mode and a blocky head

other limbs are Meh.

Lockdown, Rodimus, not that many cars to choose from.

Might need this!

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Generation One Decepticon Predacon Rampage Complete #2 in Box Mib - Time Remaining: 8 days 4 hours 52 minutes 16 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers masterpiece Movie Series MPM-01 Starscream Figure JAPAN - Time Remaining: 2 days 37 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers ROTF Revenge of The Fallen Deluxe Class Swerve MOSC - Time Remaining: 7 days 23 hours 8 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Generation One Decepticon Predacon Divebomb Complete in Box Mib - Time Remaining: 7 days 13 hours 38 minutes 42 seconds
NEW Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-14C Clamp Down Clampdown OPENED OFFICIAL - Time Remaining: 7 days 17 hours 9 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers masterpiece movie series MP-M02: Bumblebee Takara - Time Remaining: 2 days 54 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Generation One Decepticon Predacon Headstrong Complete in Box Mib - Time Remaining: 8 days 5 hours 10 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Generation One Decepticon Predacon Tantrum Complete in Box Mib - Time Remaining: 8 days 4 hours 26 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory