Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery

Transformers News: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery

Saturday, June 4th, 2011 5:47PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 57,111

Among all the Official Hasbro stuff, Botcon 2011 also has its share of 3rd party toys. Most of these were shown at the TFSource table. Among the images are the igear coneheads. Fansproject has an impressive showing with prototypes of G1 Seaspray, G1 Powerglide, RTS Prime upgrade kit, Insecticons, and a new "Heart Masters" figure which is a new concept from them that homages Powermasters. We have an 81 image gallery to check out by clicking the pictures.

Credit(s): Seibertron.com
Re: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery (1233973)
Posted by Burn on June 4th, 2011 @ 5:57pm CDT
So 3rd party stuff is permitted at the official convention.

Guess that answers a few questions.
Re: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery (1233974)
Posted by Verathrax on June 4th, 2011 @ 5:58pm CDT
Re: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery (1233979)
Posted by Anonymous on June 4th, 2011 @ 6:05pm CDT
~
Re: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery (1233981)
Posted by Down_Shift on June 4th, 2011 @ 6:06pm CDT
I need to have sexual relations with all of that. I can't wait for more of this stuff!
Re: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery (1233986)
Posted by lbullock7 on June 4th, 2011 @ 6:11pm CDT
That G2 Optimus Prime trailer/upgrade kit is amazing!!!! =P~ I must have it, but I bet with most upgrade kits once I see the price I'll most likely change my mind....
Re: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery (1233989)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 4th, 2011 @ 6:19pm CDT
Verathrax wrote:=P~ G2 prime looks sick!p.s. anyone know what that new black mold looks like next to the fansproject insecticons? :???: :-?

That is the new HeartMaster figure which homages Powermasters
Re: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery (1233991)
Posted by Prime Evil on June 4th, 2011 @ 6:26pm CDT
:shock:
:BOOM:

FansProject whipping boy for life!!!!!
Re: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery (1233994)
Posted by Anonymous on June 4th, 2011 @ 6:28pm CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:That is the new HeartMaster figure which homages Powermasters

As an addendum to that... just saw the alt mode pics of that HeartMaster, it could very well be a War Within Grimlock PowerMaster hybrid... includes a hinged covered cockpit for the HM. :BOOM:

Re: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery (1233996)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 4th, 2011 @ 6:31pm CDT
looks good but 3rd party stuff is to expensive
Re: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery (1234012)
Posted by WarGraver on June 4th, 2011 @ 6:50pm CDT
The G2 upgrade kit doesn't look like it makes enough of a difference to the main figure. And while the sword is nice, I don't like the oversized gun. Will have to see what the rest of the trailer turns into before deciding on this one, though.

I don't like the light grey on the Insecticons, but otherwise they are fantastic as a group.

Seaspray and Powerglide are okay, I guess, but seem unnecessary.

The Heart Master is probably a must-have, but I would like to see what insertion of the heart does.
Re: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery (1234033)
Posted by Anonymous. on June 4th, 2011 @ 7:13pm CDT
[color=teal]This shit is fresh.

Spearmint variety. [/color]
Re: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery (1234040)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on June 4th, 2011 @ 7:19pm CDT
oh.....my......god...i have officially sold my soul to transformers..
Re: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery (1234041)
Posted by Stormrider on June 4th, 2011 @ 7:22pm CDT
So FansProject and iGear are each making a Seaspray?
Re: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery (1234044)
Posted by nthcircle on June 4th, 2011 @ 7:24pm CDT
Just returned from the con...

HeartMaster is a War Within Grimlock homage and looks good in person.
Re: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery (1234056)
Posted by Rodimus Minor on June 4th, 2011 @ 7:36pm CDT
I like the looks off the ad on for Reveal the Shield Optimus. =P~

I'm also interested in the Igear Minibots :D
Re: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery (1234066)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 4th, 2011 @ 7:47pm CDT
FansProject is going to keep getting my support.

iGear may have won my support if they continue to crank out all these NEW pieces.
Re: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery (1234083)
Posted by DMSL on June 4th, 2011 @ 8:00pm CDT
Wow looks like i'm losing a lot of cash on third party products this year and the next.

The Insecticons look amazing, definately getting those. Seaspray i might get if he's reasonable size compared to other Classics figs. Powerglide not so good he has a HUGE noggin'.
Re: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery (1234086)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 4th, 2011 @ 8:04pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:So FansProject and iGear are each making a Seaspray?

Yep
Re: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery (1234092)
Posted by krenger99 on June 4th, 2011 @ 8:11pm CDT
[color=#800000]Just got back home from the convention. Really, for me, the third party stuff was the highlight of the show. I took a ton of pics of all that stuff and clearly I wasn't the only one. The staff at the TFSource table were really very nice people. The three I dealt with were very friendly and took time to have conversations with me and others. They weren't even a little bit rude whereas a lot of venders there were. They earned my business and respect today for sure.

All that aside...

If you didn't make it to the show, don't feel bad. It wasn't all that spectacular. Damn near everyone was trying to get rich with each and every sale. The mark up on figures, old and new, was ridiculous. The cheapest I saw Classics Thundercracker going for was $25.- and Warpath was going for $45.-. It really just made me sick 'cuz if you stood around and watched, those that were selling them had many stashed and acted like each was their last one for sale. Towards the later hours of the day, many a dealer still had loads of merchandise on their tables. TF Animated blisters marked up to $30 on avg., $10.99 figures sitting in the aisles of Target and Walmart right now, marked up to $30.-... It was just really outrageous.[/color]
Re: Botcon 2011 Coverage - 3rd Party Toy Gallery (1234098)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 4th, 2011 @ 8:18pm CDT
OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!!!!!!!

Damn, need to change my shorts....There. All done. Uh, oh crap, I'm still jizzing. From this gallery its only really the FansProject stuff that interests me.

The Insecticons. Slightly underwhelmed with the paint scheme, but no where near enough to put me off getting all of them. I wonder what, if anything, the logos on their chests mean. And look, real chains!! That's totally awesome.

Should we assume Seaspray and Powerglide are going to be CA-06 & -07? They look pretty good, but also kind of simplistic for FP. They'll be great for those who like their Minibots to be mini. Me? I'll be sticking with HFTD Seaspray and Universe Powerglide.

Heartmaster officially has me interested. Grimlock seems like a very odd choice (not that I'm holding that against it). When I first saw the images, I thought it was FP's version of Rolling Thunder.

I REALLY like their G2 Prime upgrade, enough to make me track down the one figure I perhaps instantly loathed as soon as I saw it. I think this makes it look badass though. Look forward to hearing more about this and Heartmaster.

FansProject and iGear are haemorrhaging figures at the moment, and with more and more third party manufacturers getting into the game I'm actually starting to get worried about potential legal action from HasTak.

EDIT: Having spent several minutes looking at the photos, I feel fairly confident that Heartmaster IS Rolling Thunder. The head just doesn't make me think Grimlock. It does however look VERY Don Figueroa Prime, as do the shoulders, and the overall stature is more slender and grand than hulking-beast. Then look at vehicle mode: if that's not a space for attaching a trailer then I'll circumcise myself with a chainsaw.... Maybe.

Can anyone who attended the convention and talked to the guys at TFSource offer any clarification?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Energon Basic Autobot Windrazor (2004). - Time Remaining: 6 days 47 minutes 51 seconds
2014 SDCC EXCLUSIVE TRANSFORMERS DINOBOTS HQ Set Grimlock Hasbro G1 - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 48 minutes 43 seconds
Hasbro 2010 Transformers DOTM Mechtech Deluxe Class SPECIALIST RATCHET - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 50 minutes 46 seconds
Hasbro 1987 Transformers G1 SIXSHOT LOOSE - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 50 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers G1 1988 OVERLORD figure powermaster masterforce takara - Time Remaining: 26 days 22 hours 7 minutes 28 seconds
MISB in USA - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-03 Defensor Protectobots - Time Remaining: 7 days 5 hours 10 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Energon Basic Autobot Terradive (2004). - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 11 minutes 2 seconds
TRANSFORMERS HERO MASHERS LOT MEGATRON SOUNDWAVE BULKHEAD SLUG - Time Remaining: 7 days 1 hour 26 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory