BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime

Transformers News: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime

Friday, June 3rd, 2011 9:28PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 54,261

In addition to the BotCon Souvenir figures already seen, lucky BotCon 2011 attendees are eligible to receive an exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime figure in commemorative packaging.

According to Seibertron, the figure is given away at the Kre-O booth for registering to win a Kre-O Bumblebee set and contains an exclusive "Matrix" deco.

Seibertron is your ultimate BotCon 2011 resource!
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime (1233463)
Posted by Starfighter14 on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:31pm CDT
Holy Jesus, Can those things get anymore adorable. :x Also is it just me or does it apear that we're getting more classic characters in the Kre-O than the actual classics line?
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime (1233471)
Posted by Seibertron on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:34pm CDT
FYI ... the little figures are called "Kreons".
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime (1233484)
Posted by Skywarp64 on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:51pm CDT
Sigh... yet another missed chance to fix Soundwave's visor color.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime (1233485)
Posted by Fortress Rodimus on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:51pm CDT
The Kreons are great i love them. But the giant kre-o counterparts suck. Oh well what are you going to do. I agree with you guys i would love just a pack of the kreons.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime (1233527)
Posted by God Magnus on June 3rd, 2011 @ 11:14pm CDT
Holy Bajebus! I need one of those exclusive Primes! Anybody want to help me out? :PRAY:
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime (1233549)
Posted by robofreak on June 3rd, 2011 @ 11:48pm CDT
*Holds photo of Kreon Skywarp just out of Tekka's reach*

For some reason I want that Kre-O Prime item.

So far, these have proven to be better than the BTR stuff. I'm still waiting until I see them in person to make a judgment.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime (1233559)
Posted by dirk2243 on June 4th, 2011 @ 12:08am CDT
Amelie wrote:[color=deeppink]Sod the Kre-O lego-toy.

If they release all the mini G1 figures as a multi-pack, I'd be all over it like a rash.[/color]

Thats what I'm saying! I do want the optimus prime with trailer, but that is it.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime (1233561)
Posted by Anonymous. on June 4th, 2011 @ 12:14am CDT
robofreak wrote:*Holds photo of Kreon Skywarp just out of Tekka's reach*

[color=teal]
Oh you troll ^_^ [/color]
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime (1233563)
Posted by robofreak on June 4th, 2011 @ 12:16am CDT
Blurrz wrote:
robofreak wrote:*Holds photo of Kreon Skywarp just out of Tekka's reach*

[color=teal]
Oh you troll ^_^ [/color]

I can't help myself. It's too much fun to take that stab.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime (1233572)
Posted by r3devi7 on June 4th, 2011 @ 12:45am CDT
To anyone actually at BotCon, do the pieces and figures feel as solid as Lego, or more like one of the knock offs?

Really only interested in the 'Kreons'
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime (1233612)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on June 4th, 2011 @ 2:30am CDT
Huh I'm more interested in the "Kre-Os" rather than the "Kreons" though I gotta say...These kreons does look nice and I bet my sister going to like it more than I do lol.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime (1233624)
Posted by Tekka on June 4th, 2011 @ 3:23am CDT
robofreak wrote:*Holds photo of Kreon Skywarp just out of Tekka's reach*

*Snatches it away*

Razorclaw0000 wrote:

Yaay. In truth I was worried he'd look a little naff like Starscream does, but this puts all my worries to rest. I might have to order two of those Prime sets so I can have one for play and one for display.

Woo, $120 worth of legos I'll never use. ~_~;
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime (1233636)
Posted by Ramscreamer on June 4th, 2011 @ 4:05am CDT
Sell all of the kreons in one set and I'll buy it straight away.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime (1233645)
Posted by ShardFenix on June 4th, 2011 @ 4:37am CDT
yeah those kreons? look awesome. I would love that whole little set of g1 guys.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime (1233720)
Posted by dragons on June 4th, 2011 @ 9:01am CDT
who owns lego fisherprice or hasbro krego looks more like ko of to lego more i see them.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime (1233723)
Posted by dirk2243 on June 4th, 2011 @ 9:10am CDT
Love these lil guys. Just missing a wheeljack and once again, the Cons are short handed.

These Kreons would work well with a Unicron.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime (1233854)
Posted by Valandar on June 4th, 2011 @ 2:09pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Release Blurr/Arcee and I'll start to care

Sad to say... that particular batch of G1 characters is about when I -STOP- caring about TF's. :P

Give us the entire grouping of 1984 - 1985 TF's as Kreons, and then I'LL care. :D
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime (1233878)
Posted by WarGraver on June 4th, 2011 @ 2:36pm CDT
I think I might end up buying all of these sets as gifts for my nephew and niece, but snagging the Kreon for myself.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime (1234232)
Posted by Screamfleet on June 5th, 2011 @ 1:21am CDT
the minifigures are super neat, but of course, the big lego like toy is what they're pushing and I'm not much for that.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Optimus Prime (1234275)
Posted by robofreak on June 5th, 2011 @ 3:13am CDT
I find it funny that most people in this thread want the Kreons more than the figures that are actually being sold.

Seems to me like Hasbro needs to cash in on Minimates.

I think the disaster that was BTR is also partly to blame for the lack of love towards the larger figures. Seems like everyone is afraid.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Robots in Disguise Cryotek Dragon to Robot NIB - Time Remaining: 17 days 18 hours 19 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers G1 ULTRA MAGNUS Scramble City complete reissue C-69 takara - Time Remaining: 2 days 11 hours 50 minutes 11 seconds
Darkwing MINT 100% Complete 1988 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 54 minutes 23 seconds
2014 HASBRO TRANSFORMERS 4 CONSTRUCT-BOTS OPTIMUS PRIME SEALED BRAND NEW - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 25 minutes 13 seconds
Takara Transformers Classic G1 Reissue Encore 08 Autobot Meister Jazz Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 55 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers BEAST WARS TRANSMETALS 2 STINKBOMB MOC 1999 Hasbro - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 12 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers generations titan returns (head masters) - night beat set - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 12 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers G1 commemorative OPTIMUS PRIME loose figure 01 reissue 2002 - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 15 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks