BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives

Transformers News: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives

Friday, June 3rd, 2011 9:44PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 65,630

Our on going BotCon 2011 coverage continues with a look at Retail Exclusives for Dark of the Moon as well as new looks at Hasbro's Masterpiece Rodimus Prime. Of note is one of the first images of the back of Rodimus's box as well as new looks at Target-Exclusive Ratchet and Starscream.

Seibertron.com has the comprehensive BotCon 2011 coverage you need!
Credit(s): Razorclaw0000

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives (1233481)
Posted by Amelie on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:46pm CDT
The dark grey on Rodimus still looks crap. Also - for toy accuracy, shouldn't his hands be orange? :P
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives (1233487)
Posted by Anonymous. on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:54pm CDT
Well... that's a rather interesting targetmaster. Wonder if it's worthy to be part of my mini-con collection.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives (1233494)
Posted by Megazarak on June 3rd, 2011 @ 10:01pm CDT
I think Rodimus and his new colours looks great, especially out of his box. Offshoot also looks like a fun bonus. He's also only $49.99, which is $10 off of what Grimlock was (so probably $59.99 in Canada). Can't wait to pick him up.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives (1233509)
Posted by freaky777 on June 3rd, 2011 @ 10:23pm CDT
Is that Voyager Ratchet a new mold? Looks a lot like previous voyagers..
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives (1233511)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 3rd, 2011 @ 10:29pm CDT
Must have Hot Rod! Thank god the price is lower than grimlock was, 50 bucks i can live with and will gladly spend on such an awesome figure.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives (1233542)
Posted by ShardFenix on June 3rd, 2011 @ 11:37pm CDT
$50 dollars for Hot Rod? FUCK YEAH!
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives (1233543)
Posted by Naked Magnus on June 3rd, 2011 @ 11:38pm CDT

It would be a shame if it did not include the Hot Rod face, as you would have a Rodimus bot that turns into the Hot Rod alt mode.

Looks like the red color is close to the Takara version. I will buy him and make him my Rodimus and use my Takara one for Hot Rod. I think the red color is close enough to where this will match the Takara trailer.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives (1233544)
Posted by Megazarak on June 3rd, 2011 @ 11:40pm CDT
Naked Magnus wrote:I hate to be the buzz kill here, but have we seen any evidence that the head gimmick on the Takara version is on this version as well? Does this Hasbro version allow you to switch the face between Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime? Does it have the flip-down visor?

If you take a look at the back of his box, it says "Rodimus converts to Rodimus Prime", so odds are looking good that he still has his alternate head gimmick otherwise that little quote wouldn't make much sense. The visor also seems likely, since why remove something so small when it's already there, especially if the alternate head will be there as well.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives (1233568)
Posted by Me Grimlock King on June 4th, 2011 @ 12:30am CDT
Now while the ARP of $49.99 for Masterpiece Rodimus Primne sounds good WE all need to think back to this time last year when Masterpiece Grimlock was listed at ARP of $59.99 then when spotted in store it was what $69.99 so I expect (if I am wrong then I am wrong no biggie) it will be the same here and it will really be $59.99
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives (1233576)
Posted by steve2275 on June 4th, 2011 @ 12:51am CDT
rodimus looks better than those shitty dotm toys
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives (1233610)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on June 4th, 2011 @ 2:28am CDT
steve2275 wrote:rodimus looks better than those shitty dotm toys

Gotta disagree with you there "champ" :D.There's Voyager Megatron and Shockwave,Leader Sentinel and HA Roadbuster xP.But oh well that's just my opinion ^^.

On topic...But damn for 50 dollars even I want it ! Though...Imma just focus on DOTM >.<..
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives (1233627)
Posted by DevastaTTor on June 4th, 2011 @ 3:32am CDT
50-60 bucks for MP Rodimus with Targetmaster; I'm up for that.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives (1233672)
Posted by User897 on June 4th, 2011 @ 5:46am CDT

Or maybe I'm just not seeing it right?

I could swear that Matrix looks bigger, and it also fits in Hotrod's hands!
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives (1233678)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 4th, 2011 @ 6:04am CDT
User897 wrote:Is the Matrix that Hotrod is holding the same size as the Takara? It looks to be the same size as the one that comes with Optimus. The box states that the Matrix fits inside, so if it is indeed the larger one, did Hasbro modify the chamber inside?

Or maybe I'm just not seeing it right?

I could swear that Matrix looks bigger, and it also fits in Hotrod's hands!

You're seeing it right. That means they had to have modified the chest cavity.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives (1233687)
Posted by chrisc4 on June 4th, 2011 @ 6:43am CDT
50 bucks! thank you hasbro! hot rod shall be my first masterpiece figure. :KREMZEEK:
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives (1233724)
Posted by dragons on June 4th, 2011 @ 9:12am CDT
no way im going to buy another mp rodimus looks good but enough for another buy for me wonderful job by hasbro with rodimus :APPLAUSE: ill pass on him
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives (1233756)
Posted by Motorthing on June 4th, 2011 @ 10:46am CDT
Hot Rod - cool, I'm buying two at that price.

Now just get those useless asses at Hasbro UK to sling it in a TRU near me and I'll be happy - for at least 14 minutes.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives (1233793)
Posted by prowl123 on June 4th, 2011 @ 11:52am CDT

$50 for Rodimus Prime! He's now on my list (unless he's really crappy still).
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives (1233803)
Posted by Mykltron on June 4th, 2011 @ 12:18pm CDT
I don't like the grey plastic or red hips but I like the rest. Damn that targetmaster looks cool. I'm not buying this as well as the Tak version.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Retail Exclusives (1233804)
Posted by Naked Magnus on June 4th, 2011 @ 12:20pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:

Or maybe I'm just not seeing it right?

I could swear that Matrix looks bigger, and it also fits in Hotrod's hands!

You're seeing it right. That means they had to have modified the chest cavity.

Or this new and bigger matrix will not fit into the chest cavity. I just took a glance at my Takara version and they would have needed to do a massive redesign of the chest in order to make room for this bigger matrix. I am not sure it is possible to fit it into the chest even with a redesign. We will see, but I recommend not getting your hopes up.

Ending Soon On eBay

G1 TRANSFORMERS (1986) TRYPTICON PARTS LOT ~ BOTH LASERS w/STANDS ~ BLASTER GUNS - Time Remaining: 4 days 21 hours 6 minutes 34 seconds
original G1 Transformers autobot KUP 100% COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 9 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars Optimal Optimus, Kenner, with 2 missiles - Time Remaining: 18 days 2 hours 23 minutes 57 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Revenge of the Fallen CANNON BUMBLEBEE Factory Sealed - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 42 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Rescue Bots ROAR to the Rescue OPTIMUS PRIME and BUMBLEBEE MOC NEW - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 43 minutes 20 seconds
Hasbro Skywarp Transformers Universe Masterpiece Exclusive Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 1 minute
Electronic Fire Station Prime TRANSFORMERS Rescue Bots Optimus playset 2010 toy - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 19 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers movie Series deluxe class Action Figure Decepticon Bonecrusher new - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 37 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #151 - SDCC 2016