BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging

Transformers News: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging

Friday, June 3rd, 2011 8:01PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Cartoon News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 71,768

Good evening Transformers fans! Coverage from BotCon 2011 begins today with site creator Ryan and his eagle eye camera, taking snaps of the upcoming Transformers toy line,Transformers: Prime! While these figures were on display at the 2011 Toy Fair, this is our first offering of the packaging for the line. We have 42 images for your viewing pleasure of Transformers: Prime - Bumblebee, Arcee and Starscream. Check out the full gallery by clicking the links or pictures in this post.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for more BotCon 2011 coverage!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging (1233410)
Posted by mangrasshopper on June 3rd, 2011 @ 8:13pm CDT
Love that packaging!!!
These cant come out soon enough!!
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging (1233411)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 3rd, 2011 @ 8:15pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging (1233417)
Posted by LiKwid on June 3rd, 2011 @ 8:27pm CDT
Wow...not as bad as I thought they would look. That arcee mold is gonna repainted in a heart beat and some awesome customizer out there is gonna make some sort of combining monstrosity out of it~ whistles~

As much as I hate to say it but that BB looks kind of cool...
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging (1233418)
Posted by King Slick on June 3rd, 2011 @ 8:28pm CDT
The *ahem* lovely Arcee is going on my shopping list for sure. She is to good to remain trapped in packaging. The lady shall be within hours of purchase be liberated, gracefully of course.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging (1233425)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 3rd, 2011 @ 8:48pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:Do they honestly have to put "Vehicle to Robot" stickers on the packaging? It's Transformers. The stuff has been on shelves for almost 30 years, and people still don't know? Ignorance.

In the toy store I was working at 3 or 4 Christmases ago, an elderly couple were shopping for a TF for their grandson. When I asked them if they had any idea which one he wanted, the old-timer replied, "Is there one that changes from a car into like a person?" To this day, I'm amazed that instead of cracking up, I replied without emotion, "Well, I know we DID have that guy..."

Kids grow up fast enough that every new iteration of the franchise means new fans, with relatives that had no prior reason to pay attention. Yet I agree that this particular blurb would make the most sense if people were presumed more familiar with robots converting into something other than vehicles; i.e. as Beast Wars was wrapping up.

As for the rest of the package, as 'meh' as I'm feeling about the Prime cartoon thus far, I realize now that I'm going to end up buying all of these eventually. I wonder if we'll get any sort of Jack Darby figure large enough to ride this Arcee, warranting the blurb, "Understated Sexual Tension Sold Separately"? Or maybe that's just my fixation on Nara from Robotix resurfacing.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging (1233427)
Posted by matticus prime on June 3rd, 2011 @ 8:48pm CDT
These look awesome!! Anyone heard anything about a release date for these???
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging (1233437)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:08pm CDT
Not a fan of the majority of the movie designs/toys.
Could never get past the Playskool aesthetics of TFA.

Theseā€¦ I've been waiting for since those first Toy Fair pics, even though I've yet to watch an episode of "Prime."

For me, the holy grail of TFs is a motorcycle with a great 'bot mode. Arcee is the pinnacle of perfection so far. I really hope the paint apps on these carry over to actual production. All three of these are win. Win! WIN! :APPLAUSE:

(Though I am sad that Bumblebee may never be a little "bug" again.)
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging (1233440)
Posted by retrothomas on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:15pm CDT
I am so psyched about this line! I love the cartoon and the character designs.

One complaint: Arcee doesn't have the "wings" like in the show and instead his big arm panels. That makes me a bit sad. I wonder if I can do some kind of hack to move those things and peg them in on her back to make her more show-accurate?

Other than that whining though, I'm super excited to collect all these guys! I can't wait to see Bulkhead and hopefully Wheeljack, Knockout... pretty much everyone!
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging (1233443)
Posted by sabrigami on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:16pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging (1233445)
Posted by Anonymous. on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:17pm CDT
sabrigami wrote:One way or another I am going to own each of them. Do my eyes decieve me, or do the little cards say the release date is in July? :???: If that was true, that would be amazing :KREMZEEK:

[color=teal]
Haha, good to see you around sweetie ^_^ [/color]
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging (1233448)
Posted by sabrigami on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:20pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:

[color=teal]
Haha, good to see you around sweetie ^_^ [/color]

Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging (1233450)
Posted by outerglow on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:20pm CDT
I'm normally the kind of fan of TF to where I just read the updates and fansquee over the shows and movies and dont really dedicate my life to collecting the figures.... but the Screamer looks tight and I MUST HAVE IT!! :CON: =P~
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging (1233453)
Posted by freaky777 on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:22pm CDT
Wow if these do get released in July then I'm gonna be broke, with all the DOTM toys and these, too many Tfs to aquire in this short period of time..
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging (1233461)
Posted by Metal Millitia on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:27pm CDT
I don't like the show at all but I must admit Starscream looks neat. The molds are pretty good!
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging (1233468)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:32pm CDT
I don't like the show either but I LOVE the character designs. Definitely picking up Starscream and may even collect the series.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging (1233469)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:32pm CDT
This packaging is far superior to that of DOTM
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging (1233488)
Posted by Fortress Rodimus on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:54pm CDT
These molds are really well done. I was wondering how good the arcee and starscream would be but they did an awesome job on them. I would love to pick them up if i were not strapped for cash.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging (1233489)
Posted by Duskfall on June 3rd, 2011 @ 9:55pm CDT
that "First Edition" on the packaging just makes me wanna keep it in package all the more. lol.
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging (1233495)
Posted by Anonymous. on June 3rd, 2011 @ 10:01pm CDT
sabrigami wrote:Glad to see you too. I'm always around, I just don't post much anymore because Tfs have been a little boring as far as releases are concerned :BANG_HEAD: I haven't bought a single Tf last month because of it, I'm dying for some new stuff atm

[color=teal]
Haha, I know what you mean. I'm sure the TF:Prime toy line will breathe life into both of us! [/color]
Re: BotCon 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Packaging (1233498)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on June 3rd, 2011 @ 10:05pm CDT
Starscream is a definite pick-up. Arcee if I have the money at the time.

Bring on Soundwave and Skyquake!

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS HASBRO TAKARA 2006 LEADER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME PREMIUM MOVIE - Time Remaining: 9 days 9 hours 59 minutes 55 seconds
Beast Wars Transformers : 1996 Hasbro : LazorBeak : RARE MOC - Time Remaining: 9 days 49 minutes 9 seconds
TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME COMMEMORATIVE SERIES II POWERMASTER  Factory Sealed - Time Remaining: 9 days 6 hours 10 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Generations G1 Color FOC Bruticus Maximus Combaticon Combiner Loose - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 59 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers(1984) #78 NM 9.2 High Grade Megatron Vs Galvatron - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 55 seconds
Transformers(1984) #1 NM 9.2 High Grade 1st Optimus Prime,1st Megatron - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 56 seconds
Transformers(1984) #80 NM 9.2 High Grade Return Of Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 46 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers(1984) #77 NM 9.2 High Grade Return Of Megatron - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 57 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016