Transformers News: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries

Saturday, April 28th, 2012 6:40PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 60,911

The Seibertron galleries featuring this year's SDCC exclusives Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset are now up. Click here and here or the images below for their full gallery.

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries (1374328)
Posted by awesomo prime on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:44pm CDT
Correct colors! :BOOM: Honestly? the only accurate FoC Bruticus is gonna be an overpriced exclusive. Ugh.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries (1374333)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:47pm CDT
Ugh! Correct colors Bruticus should not be a convention excvlusive.

Fanbase: "Please make Bruticus the right colors."
Hasbro: "Sure thing! And even better, it's going to be exclusive to SDCC!"
Fanbase: "F*** You!"
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries (1374337)
Posted by awesomo prime on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:49pm CDT
Lord Onixprime wrote:
Fanbase: "Please make Bruticus the right colors."
Hasbro: "Sure thing! And even better, it's going to be exclusive to SDCC!"
Fanbase: "F*** You!"

You couldn"t have said it better lol
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries (1374339)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:51pm CDT
Screw the actual figure, gimme that box-of-a-head! =P~ =P~ =P~
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries (1374364)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 28th, 2012 @ 7:11pm CDT
I can easily skip CJ.

Bruticus... are these the *actual* final colors? Because honestly, it's still not that good. The entire Blast Off arm is mostly yellow/gold INCLUDING the hand. And Onslaught is green/brown. It may be more game accurate, but its not G1 accurate. I may end up getting the crappy G2 colored one anyway... Swindle and Brawl look so much better here though.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries (1374371)
Posted by wolverinetodd on April 28th, 2012 @ 7:17pm CDT
Did anyone notice that Bruticus is incorrectly combined probably to match the pic of it on the inside of the box flap, which is basically Bruticus' mirror image, to distract from the error?

Not sure, but this print flub might make this limited edition set even more valuable.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries (1374384)
Posted by Screamfleet on April 28th, 2012 @ 7:36pm CDT
I like the SDCC colors for onslaught, brawl and swindle, but I prefer vortex and blastoff in their standard colors. Onslaught looks really nice actually.

No way I can afford both. I'll probably be able to get 2 of the standard releases for 1 of the SDCC set. Standard it is it seems.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries (1374388)
Posted by Anonymous. on April 28th, 2012 @ 7:39pm CDT
Lol, now no legit collector is going to buy the regular retail release.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries (1374393)
Posted by Megazarak on April 28th, 2012 @ 7:41pm CDT
This Bruticus looks way better than the retail version. That's kind of sad. I guess this is one way to make a SDCC exclusive that people would buy. But then again, they said that if Bruticus does well at retail they'll consider more combiners, but if people want the good version, they probably won't get the retail version. So... I don't really get it. I really see no reason why there are two different coloured Bruticus, especially when one doesn't make any sense.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries (1374394)
Posted by RAcast on April 28th, 2012 @ 7:44pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Lol, now no legit collector is going to buy the regular retail release.

xD No love for us cheapskates? I like this thing, but I have no real interest in paying the crazy markup I know will be on it. I'll probably pick up the retail release if they do a box set, but meh. I'm tempered on the whole FOC Bruticus deal, now I'm excited for Voyager Soundwave!
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries (1374395)
Posted by craggy on April 28th, 2012 @ 7:47pm CDT
Bruticus' arms are still off, to me, but hey, the colours on the others are real nice. Shame I doubt I'll be able to get it.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries (1374421)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 28th, 2012 @ 8:13pm CDT

*raises hand*

Legit collector, gonna buy the regular release, gonna smile.

I don't have the patience for that kinda crap. Go to store, buy, done.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries (1374434)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 28th, 2012 @ 8:23pm CDT
I really want that CJ box set. How much does anyone reckon it'll be?
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries (1374491)
Posted by synthetik on April 28th, 2012 @ 9:20pm CDT
This is the first time I've seen this bruticus have hands. I slightly want the set now.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries (1374494)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on April 28th, 2012 @ 9:23pm CDT

I wonder if United Bruticus would have a better and shinier paint job...
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries (1374503)
Posted by Anonymous on April 28th, 2012 @ 9:39pm CDT
Wait, so this Bruticus is confirmed to be SDCC exclusive?

...the fuq?

kirbenvost wrote:And Onslaught is green/brown. It may be more game accurate, but its not G1 accurate. I may end up getting the crappy G2 colored one anyway...
Erm... that "crappy G2 colored one is teal, just like the G1 version. G2 Onslaught is yellow...

Is it merely because the other one simply has a brighter shade regardless of color?
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries (1374508)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on April 28th, 2012 @ 9:45pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:I really want that CJ box set. How much does anyone reckon it'll be?

i am hoping that is $20 like Prime last year.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries (1374509)
Posted by RAcast on April 28th, 2012 @ 9:46pm CDT
orangeitis wrote:Wait, so this Bruticus is confirmed to be SDCC exclusive?

...the fuq?

Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries (1374556)
Posted by Anonymous on April 28th, 2012 @ 10:38pm CDT
RAcast wrote:Honestly, I kinda prefer the retail one, the colored detailing is more pleasing to the eye than the slate grey the correctly colored one is, IMO. The only limb I have a real problem with in retail version is Brawl... I wish it were a color that isn't on the torso, like the other three. Blast Off is at least notably darker than Onslaught, red and yellow aren't even on Onslaught, but Brawl's green looks identical to Onslaught's =_=; That said, assuming they can Scramble, I may very well swap Vortex and Swindle. I feel like it'd look better given the color scheme.
Oh they probably can scramble. There are extra hands molded onto Brawl and Swindle. Unless those hands aren't used for that.

Meanwhile, I'll be one of those who will try getting both versions of FoC Bruticus so I'll have more display options.

Between those, other retail purchases, and the TFCC exclusives, my wallet will hate me.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: SDCC Exclusive Transformers Prime "Rust in Peace" Cliffjumper and Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Giftset Galleries (1374579)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 28th, 2012 @ 11:20pm CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:Hmm... SDCC Exclusive are seriously overpriced. Hmm... maybe not. Soundwave was shelf warming my TRUs for $60US and Blaster was $80 US. IF this thing does not go above the $80US pricepoint, I'll get it.

Soundwave at TRU was not the SDCC exclusive.

orangeitis wrote:Wait, so this Bruticus is confirmed to be SDCC exclusive?

...the fuq?

Yeah, I guess that's what I meant... it's practically neon. But I do think the blue Onslaught is pretty good.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Collectors Club TCC Timelines Nexus Maximus Prime Heatwave - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 49 minutes 11 seconds
Gen 1 "1984" Hasbro Transformers: Heroic Autobot "Hound" Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 53 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers Platinum Edition Seeker Squadron (Ramjet, Dirge, Thrust) G1 Reissue - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 39 minutes 23 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Original G1 G2 SUPERION Watch Wristwatch Sealed MISP Rare NrMnt NEW - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 55 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Timelines TFSS 2.0 Barricade - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 59 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Generations : Sergeant Kup Deluxe Class MOC - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 30 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP-13 Soundwave MIB - Time Remaining: 3 days 18 hours 15 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers combiner wars Menasor with upgrades, MP Tracks and G1 Jazz - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 31 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #151 - SDCC 2016