BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion!

Transformers News: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion!

Saturday, April 28th, 2012 12:48PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, 3rd Party News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 40,696

Sorry Technobot fans, but TFC Toys next big combiner project has been confirmed as Superion! I just spoke to a representative at site sponsor Robotkingdom's booth where they had the teaser shown below on display. According to the representative this set will be in the same scale as Hercules!

Credit(s): El Duque

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion! (1374094)
Posted by Jehuty on April 28th, 2012 @ 12:52pm CDT
This will be awesome if they can make it look like the original, not some neo hybrid version like they made hercules.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion! (1374095)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 28th, 2012 @ 12:54pm CDT
Superion? At the size of Hercules?

Ooooooooh !@#$..... :shock:
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion! (1374101)
Posted by Hypershock on April 28th, 2012 @ 1:14pm CDT
why the heck was this revealed at botcon? :???:
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion! (1374102)
Posted by MGrotusque on April 28th, 2012 @ 1:14pm CDT
I`m happy about a Superion being built but i`m VERY disappointed that Computron got scrapped because of it. :sad:
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion! (1374103)
Posted by AutobotMR2 on April 28th, 2012 @ 1:15pm CDT
JESUS CHRIST VS. BUDDAH IN A CAGE MATCH!!!!!!!!
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion! (1374104)
Posted by Chaoslock on April 28th, 2012 @ 1:17pm CDT
Hypershock wrote:why the heck was this revealed at botcon? :???:

My thoughts exactly. Wasn't this years motto: "OUT with third party stuff!"

In my book, bringing this standee there would be equal to an application for a throughout body inspection.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion! (1374105)
Posted by WolfDawg on April 28th, 2012 @ 1:20pm CDT
...And Hasbro is Ok with this reveal at Botcon? I'm confused, I thought they were muscling out the 3rd party vendors, but from the looks of it, the vendors don't seem to even give a damn. Oh well, this looks cool, but I think Hasbro's Superion w/ Fansproject upgrades will keep most fans happy on the Superion front. I think the reason Hercules was so successful was because our only official option was that shitty green repaint of Energon Constructicon Maximus which looked nothing like Devastator to begin with.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion! (1374107)
Posted by Xephon0930 on April 28th, 2012 @ 1:29pm CDT
Yeah,Hasbro is weird like that. I'm just half expecting some other 3rd party company making their own version of Superion or Computron.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion! (1374108)
Posted by Anonymous on April 28th, 2012 @ 1:31pm CDT
WolfDawg wrote:but I think Hasbro's Superion w/ Fansproject upgrades will keep most fans happy on the Superion front.
As a fan that loves Superion(particularly Silverbolt), but hates most symmetry, especially on combiner gestalts, I'm thrilled at this news.

My wallet however isn't. I hope the Not-Silverbolt of the set isn't $200...
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion! (1374111)
Posted by DMSL on April 28th, 2012 @ 1:36pm CDT
Same scale as Hercules? So that means all five robots will be Voyager class?

Not too sure about that since all fighter jets in the Classics/Universe/United line-up are Deluxe size. I would prefer limbs being Deluxe and main body (Silverbolt) being an Ultra. Just to keep a bit of scale.

I would love to own a Superion like that. About Computron, they have sketches for that it doesn't mean they have cancelled or are making it, just that they are considering it.

Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion! (1374115)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 28th, 2012 @ 1:43pm CDT
DMSL wrote:Personally i would love Computron, but if i had to pick, after Devy and Superion, i'd rather see Menasor or Abominus. Same with my comment about sizes above, i think the limbs should be deluxe and the main body Ultra class.

I would like to have a take on Bruticus, despite the already-awesomely-tweaked version of the Universe/ROTF Bruticus (which I would absolutely love to have, but mad at my Target for never even supplying it. Once! Only Superion :-( ). Doesn't mean I'd get it, but it would be very interesting to see how it would work out.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion! (1374117)
Posted by NTESHFT on April 28th, 2012 @ 1:49pm CDT
This being revealed at Botcon gives me hope that Has/Tak can coexist......... :DANCE:

And as for TFC.......You have my attention now..... :wink:
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion! (1374118)
Posted by Shadowstream on April 28th, 2012 @ 1:51pm CDT
I don't give enough of a damn about the Aerialbots to forgo the updated FP set I have, in fact I borderline hate the whole dumb team. Start talking Defensor or Raiden and I might listen, otherwise it's an easy pass.

Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion! (1374122)
Posted by Gearslide on April 28th, 2012 @ 2:06pm CDT
To everyone that keeps saying Hasbro wouldn't allow it at Botcon:

Didn't Hasbro change their minds on that policy a week after they made that claim?
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion! (1374123)
Posted by cylor on April 28th, 2012 @ 2:06pm CDT

Maketoys just teased a Computron silhouette, so maybe TFC thought it was better going on with Superion.

Shadowstream wrote: I am, however, curious about how this news got past Botcon regs... did TFC not read the memo or something? Or was this news received somewhere outside their reach?

Botcon regs apply to vendors (in this case, Robotkingdom), not manifacturers. Robotkingdom announced on FB some day ago they would have revealed the new TFC combiner and... they just did it, in spite of the new Botcon rules.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion! (1374126)
Posted by TheTigerKing84 on April 28th, 2012 @ 2:16pm CDT
This should be quite interesting. Will it retain the Scramble city aspects? how much larger will the Main ( Silverbolt) be compared to the others? I love my Fansproject Superion, a more G1 accurate and Hercules sized better bring down the house. What i want to know is Where is Menasor? A combining Stunticon team ( I', not counting PCC Dragstrip) is long overdue. A Hercules Style Superion going up against Hercules style Menasor... After that Computron and Maybe Omega Supreme (he's combinerish?) Topping Fansproject Bruticus Will be a challenge.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion! (1374127)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 28th, 2012 @ 2:21pm CDT
This had better look amazing. Call me picky, but I'm not happy that they're using the original models of aircraft (if the F-4 Phantom II in the teaser image is anything to go by). After Universe/Classics 2.0 Silverbolt, I was kind of looking forward to some up-to-date, truely Classics designs.

I'm intrigued but not excited.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion! (1374146)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 28th, 2012 @ 3:02pm CDT
Whoa, is that an F-4 Phantom?
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion! (1374165)
Posted by Prowl1529 on April 28th, 2012 @ 3:27pm CDT
Oh yes that's Fireflight and F-4 Phantom, if they are all G1 inspired then we will have Silverbolt as a Concorde jet, Skydive as a F-16 Fighting Falcon, Slingshot as AV-8B Harrier and last but not least Air Raid as and F-15 Eagle.
I believe that Voyager Class to the 4 fighter jets and Ultra for Silverbolt would be nice because when we look at Devastator/Hercules Silverbolt will be Hook and Longhaul area. Has for scale the Generations scale is wrong for the seekers they all should be Voyagers and not deluxe they are extremely small when putted next to Classic/Henkrei Megatron.
Resume a must have to put next to my Hercules/Devastator, I canĀ“t wait to see them all!! :D
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: TFC Toys Next Combiner Project Revealed Superion! (1374169)
Posted by omega666 on April 28th, 2012 @ 3:32pm CDT
Time to start saving up. :grin:

Ending Soon On eBay

HASBRO TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS  "OPTIMUS PRIME"  VOYAGER CLASS FIGURE - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 4 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime and Shockwave Mechtech Hasbro - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 57 minutes 49 seconds
TRANSFORMERS "SHOCKWAVE" Prime Beast Hunters  VOYAGER CLASS decepticon HASBRO - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 31 seconds
Capture of Bumblebee 2007 TRANSFORMERS Screen Battles MIB - Time Remaining: 7 days 4 hours 46 minutes 17 seconds
First Encounter 2007 TRANSFORMERS Screen Battles MIB Barricade Sam - Time Remaining: 7 days 4 hours 46 minutes 16 seconds
Takara Transformers Mega SCF G1 Optimus Prime(Convoy) TV Version Figure(JP) - Time Remaining: 8 days 18 minutes 5 seconds
Takara Transformers Mega SCF G1 Optimus Prime(Convoy) Metallic Figure(JP) - Time Remaining: 8 days 18 minutes 5 seconds
HOT SHOT TRANSFORMERS 4 Age of Extinction Movie Action Figure Blue Corvette GM - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 18 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #154 - The Misfits