BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery

Transformers News: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery

Saturday, April 28th, 2012 6:19PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News, Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 66,289

Our Seibertron.com gallery of the BotCon 2012 Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Voyager Soundwave, his data disc, and Deluxe Kickback are up. Click hereor any of the images below for the full gallery.

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery (1374306)
Posted by Diem on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:26pm CDT
That Kickback is incredibly ugly. Not impressed.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery (1374307)
Posted by Megazarak on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:26pm CDT

Kickback looks interesting enough.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery (1374332)
Posted by Super Megatron on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:47pm CDT
Megazarak wrote:I was pretty disappointed that the Voyager Soundwave was actually another WfC or FoC one. Wasn't the deluxe one good enough? The new features on him including his little... robot friends (diskicons?)... are pretty cool, but I still don't think it really warranted him getting another figure, especially if we could have gotten another character out of it. I'm pretty sure that most of us were hoping the Voyager Soundwave in the Generations line was going to be a G1 one, and he would have worked with the Legends Casseticons too, like how this one will have his little allies. At least they're also making a Soundblaster repaint of him, I suppose for those who are happy with their Deluxe Soundwaves.

Kickback looks interesting enough.

I totally disagree with this - this new Soundwave fig is a step in the right direction. If anything, we could have totally do without a bajillionth version of Optimus Prime and, fortunately, this new FoC Optimus fig's disappointment was offset by both Shockwave and Soundwave.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery (1374335)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:48pm CDT

Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery (1374342)
Posted by wolverinetodd on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:51pm CDT
Seriously?!?! This is the best Hasbro could do to pay homage to the Decepticon cassettes? To make a stiff Frenzy, a stumpy-legged Ravage with lumpy body and once again non-hinged paws, and a Laserbeak with thick wings that are in no way aerodynamic. Shameful. I'll stick with my 3rd Party Perfect Effect not-Rumble and not-Frenzy, Hasbro's Cybertron Laserbeak and Buzzsaw, and Hasbro's Classics Ravage.

Kickback looks okay, too bad the insect mode isn't transformed correctly (or at least it doesn't appear to be). I still like FansProject's version better.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery (1374368)
Posted by Judge Deliberata on April 28th, 2012 @ 7:15pm CDT
Never before has a Cybertronian passed so effectively for a coffee table. Well done, Ravage!

Will prolly pick up nevertheless. :D
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery (1374369)
Posted by xyl360 on April 28th, 2012 @ 7:15pm CDT
Looks like Hasbro has been paying attention to those third parties they hate so much, as well as the customs on Shapeways ;).

Make Soundwave bigger, and give him some sort of tiny bots that turn into something that fits in his chest.

Good on you Hasbro, good on you. Between this, the new subscription figure thing for us collectors, MP-10 being done CORRECTLY in the US, and countless other things I've seen in these latest reveals, it seems Hasbro is FINALLY listening to the vocal minority of their customers, namely, the collectors.

Only a few problems remain (for me) that I hope they'll solve with these new releases, but only time will tell:

• Use some paint...seriously...USE SOME PAINT!!!!![/*:m]
  • Stop shrinking the figures, especially if it's for some stupid, cheap little weapon that the kiddies they're made for will only lose or break.[/*:m]
  • Stop using cheap/soft plastics that lose their ability to line up when you make countless thin panels out of them after transforming them only once or twice.[/*:m][/list:u]

I don't want to sound so negative, as I'm actually very impressed with all of this stuff that Hasbro has been revealing, but I'm just hoping they'll continue to listen to the community and at least attempt to fix the issues that remain, assuming they can still turn a profit doing so.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery (1374373)
Posted by Screamfleet on April 28th, 2012 @ 7:20pm CDT
[quote]I was pretty disappointed that the Voyager Soundwave was actually another WfC or FoC one. Wasn't the deluxe one good enough? [/quote]

I'm pretty disappointed as well. I think the deluxe one is fine.
I'm really not a fan of making the same figure again in different sizes. I just can't help but think "why?". I like soundwave very much, but this isn't like, a welcome surprise, it's just confusing. I thnik onslaught really could have benefited from the voyager size, and then really made bruticus look more solid.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery (1374375)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 28th, 2012 @ 7:23pm CDT
Insecticon's kind of WUT, especially whatever the hell that alt mode is supposed to be, but honestly it's decent in bot mode. If anything it'll fill up the Decepticon WFC/FoC shelf quite nicely.

Soundwave, I'm a little displeased he's the exact same design as the WFC version which I already have, but honestly he's so damn awesome I don't even care. And the minions are just freaking amazing, and releasing more of them under Cyberverse is just ingenious. I will have them all!
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery (1374383)
Posted by Anonymous. on April 28th, 2012 @ 7:35pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery (1374392)
Posted by RAcast on April 28th, 2012 @ 7:41pm CDT
Personally, I'm PSYCHED for Voyager Soundwave! I didn't get a chance to pick up the WfC one and this looks great! Plus, I'll even have a reasonably LARGE soundwave! The fact that Universe Blaster completely towers over PRID Soundwave saddens me. xD Gotta have a Soundwave that's in-scale with his arch nemesis! :D Now I'm glad I didn't end up pulling the trigger on that third party Soundwave I saw awhile ago. And to top it off? Soundwave's casset...diskicons? Sure, I'll go with that. :P
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery (1374412)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 28th, 2012 @ 8:05pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery (1374429)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 28th, 2012 @ 8:17pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:This makes me happy I never got the Deluxe Soundwave. And Kickback looks freaking awesome! Can't wait to get the both of them!

What's sad is that I actually did sorta get a chance to get WFC Soundwave almost a year ago. Only thing that stopped me from getting him was I forgot the $10. Never saw him again. :-( So seeing this gives me a (no Star Wars pun intended... okay, maybe it was a little intended) new hope. :grin:
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery (1374445)
Posted by Sir Soundwave on April 28th, 2012 @ 8:34pm CDT
Man, and I paid Voyager prices just for the Deluxe one after having no luck finding it... Oh well, I'll happily add a Voyager Soundwave to my collection, especially since he has his minions with him, as well. Though admittedly, I'm not too big on the Frenzy/Rumble mold they're using.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery (1374451)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 28th, 2012 @ 8:40pm CDT
Blurrz wrote: So instead of the bountiful roster of characters they have, we get... ugh, mark keeps getting missed.

This is Hasbro we're talking. Just like 343 Industries; taking a huge franchise (Halo, in this case), and thinking they're improving it, instead, ahem, !@#$ it up. /:)
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery (1374454)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 28th, 2012 @ 8:42pm CDT
There is nothing that makes my draw drop and hit the floor here.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery (1374459)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 28th, 2012 @ 8:47pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:There is nothing that makes my draw drop and hit the floor here.

You towel! :sad:
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery (1374470)
Posted by Anonymous. on April 28th, 2012 @ 8:59pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

[color=teal]
Except 343 was Bungie's Halo department, they just moved over to Microsoft's franchise.... [/color]
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery (1374481)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on April 28th, 2012 @ 9:11pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:There are no words to describe the awesomeness these eyes have just witnessed...

My sentiments exactly. there is so much awsome stuff this year im gonna have to cut back on other things it seems
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Generations "Fall of Cybertron" Gallery (1374492)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 28th, 2012 @ 9:21pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

[color=teal]

Yet again, scheme failed.

Retreat!

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy TRANSFORMERS PRIME Exclusive ARMS MICRON AM ORION PAX Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 45 minutes 9 seconds
transformers GALAXY FORCE cybertron TAKARA metroplex leader ultra class MIB 100% - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 31 minutes 13 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 STARSCREAM TARGET EXCLUSIVE WW SHIPPING - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 11 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers ROTF Scout Autobot Depthcharge (2009). - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 27 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Optimus Prime Beast Wars Neo Big Convoy - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 27 minutes 32 seconds
MISB in USA - Takara Transformers Adventure TAV-21 Optimus Prime RiD - Time Remaining:  16 hours 28 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction FIRST EDITION  Leader Class Optimus Prime 9" TALL - Time Remaining: 5 days 2 hours 54 minutes 16 seconds
New TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE MP22 Ultra MAGNUS From Japan EMS - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 4 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents