BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed!

Transformers News: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed!

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 10:06AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 77,156

Starscream, or Grimlock rather, has revealed the first figure in the exclusive 2012 BotCon "Invasion" boxset! Check out the video embedded below to get your first look at Gigatron, who is a repaint of ROTF Voyager Bludgeon with brand new head sculpt. A mold chosen to reference Overlord's Gigatank component.

Credit(s): BotCon, gavinfuzzy
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed! (1327518)
Posted by Mach on December 27th, 2011 @ 10:09am CST
BotCon has just revealed the first exclusive toy figure for BotCon 2012 - Gigatron.
BotCon managed to invite the Decepticons Air Commander Starcsream and Dinobots Leader Grimlock for the reveal.

Gigatron is a repaint of the Transformers NEST Bludgeon.

Check out the video clip below:

Stay tuned to Seibertron, for all your updates on BotCon 2012.
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed! (1327520)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 27th, 2011 @ 10:11am CST
Ok, color me surprised.
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed! (1327521)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on December 27th, 2011 @ 10:11am CST
Just realised Gigatron is actually the American name for Overlord.

So this IS our classics Overlord. :lol:
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed! (1327523)
Posted by Rated X on December 27th, 2011 @ 10:16am CST
A blue and white Bludgon...wasnt this guy supposed to be a plane ???
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed! (1327524)
Posted by Trikeboy on December 27th, 2011 @ 10:17am CST
OMG!!! I love ROTF Bludgeon, he is my Classics Bludgeon now I have the replacement head. Can't wait for more reveals.
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed! (1327525)
Posted by bionic_radical on December 27th, 2011 @ 10:18am CST
I guess this brings light to the non licensed movie figure debate. I dig, just hope the swords aren't bendy plastic.
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed! (1327528)
Posted by triKlops on December 27th, 2011 @ 10:22am CST
new paint scheme looks cool
i wonder if HR will do a special upgrade kit for this
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed! (1327529)
Posted by WolfDawg on December 27th, 2011 @ 10:23am CST
I'm not digging this at all. The head just doesn't fit the body. Aside from Soundwave, this was the only figure I was interested in. Guess I'll save some money this year.
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed! (1327533)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 27th, 2011 @ 10:27am CST
Rated X wrote:A blue and white Bludgon...wasnt this guy supposed to be a plane ???

No, well kinda. He was a plane and a tank that combined into one large bot that could also turn into a base.
I'm liking this, I hope HR will make a set for this, with Powermasters and replacements for the bendy swords.
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed! (1327535)
Posted by Trikeboy on December 27th, 2011 @ 10:28am CST
Just noticed the new head. Also, Gigatron/Overlord has a plane and tank mode, but there is nothing with that so they had to choose one fig.

they got the toy colors spot on in my opinion.
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed! (1327541)
Posted by Forgotten on December 27th, 2011 @ 10:43am CST
OK, I love it, I need it, I don't want to go to Botcon. Anybody planning on selling theirs? I'll pay for it before you go. :grin:
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed! (1327543)
Posted by MR Optimus Prime on December 27th, 2011 @ 10:50am CST
I think a black Mini-Con drone would have topped this off. Not bad though.
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed! (1327546)
Posted by griftimus prime on December 27th, 2011 @ 10:55am CST
at least it does not have a skull for a head. bludgeon is a stupid concept.
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed! (1327552)
Posted by El Duque on December 27th, 2011 @ 11:09am CST
griftimus prime wrote:at least it does not have a skull for a head. bludgeon is a stupid concept.

You should change your name to "pessimist prime" :P
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed! (1327554)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on December 27th, 2011 @ 11:18am CST
So..... what the hell kinda laptop do you think Starscream uses? Looks like an Apple with a custom backing. Seems like the kind of laptop he'd use. Though why he'd use an Apple product and not something Cybertronian... or Dell, is beyond me.
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed! (1327555)
Posted by Heavy B on December 27th, 2011 @ 11:18am CST
IMLTHO the samari theme of bludgeon dosn't fit overlord well.

besides, didn't they say "NO" to movie-verse figures?
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed! (1327557)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on December 27th, 2011 @ 11:20am CST
Talk about unexpected, never would have thought of Bludgeon as Overlord, kinda weird I mean, that Bludgeon doesn't really work as anyone else in my eyes, especially not someone with a design so unique like Overlord, At least you'd get a cool rendition of the Giga Tank.

El Duque wrote:

You should change your name to "pessimist prime" :P

I agree. :P
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed! (1327559)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on December 27th, 2011 @ 11:21am CST
So... This year's BotCon is Classics vs. Shattered Glass... Correct? Over lord is not a Shattered Class figure, right? So, does this mean that the Bludgeon/Banzaitron mold can be considered Classics mold, right? (FYI, I put Lockdown and Axor in my Classics collection after the appearance in the Drift comic.)
Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed! (1327563)
Posted by Anonymous on December 27th, 2011 @ 11:26am CST

:lol: =; >:oP

Re: BotCon 2012 Gigatron (Overlord) Revealed! (1327564)
Posted by MR Optimus Prime on December 27th, 2011 @ 11:28am CST

Ending Soon On eBay

S674. Transformers JAZZ L/E of 1000 PROTOTYPE Mini Bust by Diamond Select (2007) - Time Remaining: 3 days 13 hours 1 minute 13 seconds
Transformers G1 - BLITZWING w/TURRET & GUN - Triplechanger - 1984 Takara - Gen1 - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 34 minutes 16 seconds
G1 Transformers Eject - Cassette - Complete - 1986 Gen1 Hasbro Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 19 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers DOUBLECROSS Complete Monsterbot Vintage G1 1987 Figure Double Cross - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 34 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Sentinel Prime Dark of the Moon Leader Class loose figure DOTM - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 20 minutes 13 seconds
Jetfire Small Leg Clips Pair Vintage Hasbro 1985 G1 Transformers Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 10 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers G1 1987 SCORPONOK figure (body) headmaster - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 56 minutes
WINGBLADE Transformers AUTOBOT AIRPLANE 2008 TRU Toys R Us Near Complete - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 10 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory