BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image

Transformers News: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image

Wednesday, April 4th, 2012 3:37PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 37,687

The Official Transformers Collectors' Club has updated their facebook page with an image of this year's BotCon "Invasion" Box set. The set includes:

Check out the 2012 BotCon boxed figure set... in the box!
There are still sets available and registration will be re-opening in the near future. BotCon is just about three weeks away! We'll see YOU in Dallas!

Credit(s): TFCC

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image (1365795)
Posted by Dark Ops on April 4th, 2012 @ 3:46pm CDT
Did they scale the deluxe Thunderwing mold up to voyager-class for this? Or did ROTF Bludgeon's mold shrink in the wash?

Or am I on crack? :???:
Re: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image (1365796)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on April 4th, 2012 @ 3:49pm CDT
I think it may be a perspective trick the way one's closer than the other, but yeah, looks weird, huh?
Re: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image (1365799)
Posted by AdamPrime on April 4th, 2012 @ 3:56pm CDT
I've just measured the toys, and positioned them side-by-side. The Thunderwing mold is, nose to tail, EXACTLY the same size (length) as Bludgeon. Bigger, if you count the feet. He's just as wide, too, thanks to the wings.

Of course, Bludgeon is a thicker and denser, with more parts. :) Still, I was surprised.
Re: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image (1365800)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 4th, 2012 @ 3:56pm CDT
I keep saying I'd love to get one, but alas...
Re: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image (1365802)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 4th, 2012 @ 4:02pm CDT
They chose the right bots to put in the box... they look nice and unified in their color scheme.
Re: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image (1365804)
Posted by GetRightRobot on April 4th, 2012 @ 4:10pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image (1365807)
Posted by Forgotten on April 4th, 2012 @ 4:23pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:So, if you look above Overlord, you will see the distinct foot and lower leg of the RTS G2 Optimus Prime mold. It is a dark blueish grey....hmm, wonder who that's gonna be?

Pretty sure that's the Shattered Glass Optimus Prime.
Seen Here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=85083&p=1358284&hilit=shattered+glass+g2+optimus#p1358284
Re: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image (1365808)
Posted by LiKwid on April 4th, 2012 @ 4:24pm CDT

good eye GRR..I never noticed that...
Re: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image (1365810)
Posted by GetRightRobot on April 4th, 2012 @ 4:31pm CDT
Forgotten wrote:

Pretty sure that's the Shattered Glass Optimus Prime.

I was being sarcastic....
Re: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image (1365811)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 4th, 2012 @ 4:31pm CDT
Well, I guess the sum looks better than its parts. They look OK together, but as individuals...
Re: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image (1365814)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 4th, 2012 @ 4:36pm CDT
hoping it's the shattered color prime I saw floating around. getting a leader character in the set is always a bonus, not to mention a fun evolution out of the G1 version. >:oP

As I've mentioned before, I think this set is as much to COMPLETE the missing characters from the Shatteredverse as anything. Imagining those characters combined — Soundwave, Tracks and their pals along side megs, prime, galvatron, rodimus, jazz, goldbug, grimlock, etc. — you get a really nice lineup.

BUT for those who missed the first set, getting a nice purple prime to fill the shoes would be a nice nod. I'm sure there WILL be people who get this set, but not the first, after all. :-?

Still would love a Magnificus, Diaclone style police Sunstreaker, black Ironhide, etc.. Heh. Here's hoping for a few more Diaclone versions coming up the pike, maybe as exclusives to the club or something.
Re: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image (1365816)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 4th, 2012 @ 4:43pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image (1365817)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 4th, 2012 @ 4:46pm CDT
I'm actually excited to see them kinda wrapping it up. I'm kinda looking at it like it's own little mini toy line / toy shelf.

But agreed.... I think after 2 years as box sets, they'll need to call it quits. I know that it's really geared for people who got the first set, which kinda leaves a lot of people out.

Reminds me I need to finish reading the fiction in the club site.
Re: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image (1365828)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 4th, 2012 @ 5:06pm CDT
The nice thing about some of the SG toys is they can be repurposed as something else though. Like Tracks. There's an old-school red Tracks, isn't there? And I've repurposed Jazz & Galvatron as themselves in the Cybertron line. Even if I don't care about SG, some of the toys have been nice.

This box set looks pretty good, all together. :)
Re: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image (1365831)
Posted by Anonymous. on April 4th, 2012 @ 5:11pm CDT
Already got a RR customized, and might be doing Side Swipe. Overload's a pretty cool idea to customize too, and I'd give him more of a teal look. And I have absolutely zero interest in the others.
Re: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image (1365833)
Posted by GetRightRobot on April 4th, 2012 @ 5:13pm CDT
Doubledealer93 wrote:am i the only one loosing interest in botcon sets because they are shattered glass? >:oP

Nope.
Re: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image (1365834)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 4th, 2012 @ 5:15pm CDT
yeah, good call on repurposing characters. You can bet Tracks is getting yanked outta there. I have a hacked together Tigertracks, Red Sunstreaker, Diaclone Magnus, Clampdown and Deep Cover who are looking lonely. :grin:

Now, where to score a Hauler and a Crosscut. Hmmmm. :-?
Re: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image (1365856)
Posted by UltraPrimal on April 4th, 2012 @ 5:51pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image (1365861)
Posted by DISCHARGE on April 4th, 2012 @ 6:14pm CDT
UltraPrimal wrote:There's a lot of wasted space in that box. Which sucks for people like me who are flying out of BotCon because that means this thing is gonna take up a lot of room in my suitcase. Which also means I won't be able to buy as much stuff in the dealer room. Not like there's going to be much there I'm interested now that they've banned all 3rd party items. They could have made that box a lot more compact and more presentable at the same time.

Why don't you just mail the box set home? that would give you more room in your suitcase.
Re: BotCon 2012 Invasion Box Set Image (1365868)
Posted by Anonymous. on April 4th, 2012 @ 6:41pm CDT
DISCHARGE wrote:

[color=teal]
Canuckian customs would kick him in the jewels. [/color]