BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image

Transformers News: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image

Sunday, January 8th, 2012 11:21AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Rumors, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 96,619

Some interesting images have surfaced over on ACToys that appear to be the rumored BotCon 2012 attendee only add-on figure Octopunch. As you can see in the images mirrored below the figure is a repaint of HFTD Voyager Sea Spray in G1 Octopunch's Pretender shell colors with tentacle deco. The figure is packaged the familiar convention style baggy labeled BotCon 2012. This is consistent with the list of potential BotCon 2012 figures we published earlier, which stated this figure will also feature a new head mold.

Credit(s): ACToys
Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image (1331546)
Posted by DISCHARGE on January 8th, 2012 @ 11:25am CST
He could be much nicer than I thought when I first originally heard of him, it looks good from what we can see in the pics
Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image (1331547)
Posted by Mkall on January 8th, 2012 @ 11:27am CST
I think it's hilarious that we're seeing a convention exclusive before all the box set figures have been fully revealed.

Looks like a nice figure.
Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image (1331548)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 8th, 2012 @ 11:29am CST

Here's hoping they also give him a trident.
Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image (1331550)
Posted by DISCHARGE on January 8th, 2012 @ 11:31am CST
Bumblevivisector wrote:New headsculpt for Octopunch? If they were repainting PCC Undertow, they wouldn't even need one!

Here's hoping they also give him a trident.

If you get creative you can make a trident out of Energon weapons
Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image (1331552)
Posted by WolfDawg on January 8th, 2012 @ 11:42am CST
I like the Seaspray mold, but it's just hard for me to see it as anyone other than Seaspray, even if it does have a new head sculpt. So I guess that means I'm not interested. Now...bring on those SG Junkions dammit!!!

Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image (1331557)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on January 8th, 2012 @ 12:00pm CST
Like the colors! Just aesthetically, here they look good. Hopefully just as nice in person. :)
Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image (1331558)
Posted by El Duque on January 8th, 2012 @ 12:00pm CST
I'm cool with this since my Sea Spray mold has been displaced by iGear's Spray.
Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image (1331562)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 8th, 2012 @ 12:15pm CST
At first I saw ducks, then I realized they are tentacles.
Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image (1331565)
Posted by Hoitytoity on January 8th, 2012 @ 12:19pm CST
LOST Cybertronian wrote:At first I saw ducks, then I realized they are tentacles.

And now all I can see is ducks. Thank you.

Anywho, this actually looks better than I was expecting. Good on them :3
Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image (1331566)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 8th, 2012 @ 12:23pm CST
WolfDawg wrote:Also...is it just me, or does that Decepticon symbol look red on the first two pictures. Is this going to be SG Octopunch?

Nope, Classics. It just looks red because of the blue background color combined with the baggy,
Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image (1331570)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on January 8th, 2012 @ 12:58pm CST
I am interested to see his face now..
Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image (1331572)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 8th, 2012 @ 1:05pm CST
Cyber Bishop wrote:I am interested to see his face now..

Me too.
This is looking like my most expensive BotCon toy year yet.... :-(
Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image (1331574)
Posted by WolfDawg on January 8th, 2012 @ 1:18pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I dunno dude, that symbol looks pretty red to me, especially when you see how it contrasts with the purple on the actual figure. I mean, it could be possible. When you look at the rumor thread, it never said anything about Treadshot being SG Treadshot.
Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image (1331575)
Posted by Arrancon on January 8th, 2012 @ 1:30pm CST
If I believed in the Devil and in souls, I would gladly sell my soul to him for this :mrgreen:
But since I don't, I will find a way to get this without going to BotCon, I SWEAR IT!
Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image (1331579)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 8th, 2012 @ 1:47pm CST
Are we absolutely certain that this is classics and not SG Octopunch?

WolfDawg wrote:When you look at the rumor thread, it never said anything about Treadshot being SG Treadshot.
Yeah, but the BotCon 2012 Brochure itself did.
Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image (1331580)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 8th, 2012 @ 1:47pm CST
WolfDawg wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Except the list specifically said "SG" with Swindle and the Junkions, but not with Octopunch. And we already knew that Treadshot was SG from the brochure.
Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image (1331585)
Posted by BeastProwl on January 8th, 2012 @ 2:06pm CST
RhA had better not see this, he'll flip a gasket...
Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image (1331588)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on January 8th, 2012 @ 2:21pm CST
BeastProwl wrote:RhA had better not see this, he'll flip a gasket...

Ha Ha Well you know what i'm going to do..........Beg to not be killed or Run away Self-preservation :lol: Other than that it looks alright.
Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image (1331589)
Posted by RhA on January 8th, 2012 @ 2:25pm CST
WE HAVE NOT SEEN A FACE YET.
Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image (1331590)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 8th, 2012 @ 2:29pm CST
RhA wrote:WE HAVE NOT SEEN A FACE YET.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON SCOURGE DRAGON WITH GOLD CYBER PLANET  KEY - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 7 minutes 8 seconds
TED-08 STEELJAW Transformers Adventure Series Robots In Disguise Takara 2015 New - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 52 minutes 18 seconds
New Transformers Masterpiece MP-11 Starscream Takara MISB - Time Remaining: 25 days 22 hours 22 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Combiner Wars NEW FreeShip - Time Remaining: 20 days 21 hours 52 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece Prowl MP-04 Toys R Us Exclusive Hasbro - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 52 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon Mechtech Roadbuster Autobot Hasbro - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 7 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers G2 Rapido MOSC NEW Rapido action Figure GENERATION TWO - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 8 minutes 33 seconds
TED-09 GRIMLOCK Transformers Adventure Series Robots In Disguise Takara 2015 New - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 54 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016