Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime!

Transformers News: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime!

Tuesday, March 13th, 2012 11:10AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Rumors, Collectables, Collector's Club News
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 95,404

Also posted on Planet Iacon's Facebook page today is a surprise image of Botcon 2012 Exclusive Shattered Glass Optimus Prime. Or so we assume based on the color scheme. This SG Prime is delivered via the Transformers Reveal the Shield G2 Prime. It has not been indicated of this will be an Exclusive add-on figure or this year's freebie. Check out the image below or click here to view Planet Iacon's Facebook page.

Credit(s): Planet Iacon Facebook
Re: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime! (1357983)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 13th, 2012 @ 11:11am CDT
So SG Prime gets resurrected? Wow, color me surprised. And I have a feeling I'm in the minority with this. :lol:

Wait...

Hold it! What's that rubsign doing there? Is that another one of those KO's?
Re: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime! (1357985)
Posted by Mkall on March 13th, 2012 @ 11:19am CDT
Unexpected. I certainly don't have any need for it. Maybe I can find a way to repurpose it or something.
Re: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime! (1357988)
Posted by WolfDawg on March 13th, 2012 @ 11:24am CDT
So they're doing SG Prime...AGAIN? Let me get this straight, they're reusing a character, giving him the same mold as another figure in the set, and haven't even bothered to change his colors (since apparently he's being ressurected). That's...pretty lame. Especially since the Classics Prime mold is leagues better than the RTS Prime mold.

This will probably only appeal to the fans who don't have the original SG Prime. I have the KOLD Double Shattered Glass Prime figure and it works just fine in my small SG collection. This seems like a waste of time to me.

Bring on the SG Junkions in Insecticon colors dammit!
Re: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime! (1357991)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 13th, 2012 @ 11:31am CDT
Re: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime! (1357992)
Posted by necr0blivion on March 13th, 2012 @ 11:32am CDT
Re: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime! (1358002)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 13th, 2012 @ 12:01pm CDT
necr0blivion wrote:I hope this is a custom. We already have SG Prime in a better mold! I'd rather have a new mold or character, but oh well.

True I have seen a few like this. However this really looks to be Legit and I don't like. god I hate that mold #-o
Re: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime! (1358008)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 13th, 2012 @ 12:19pm CDT
I could be wrong but I say....FAKE!!!!
Re: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime! (1358010)
Posted by triKlops on March 13th, 2012 @ 12:21pm CDT
looks cool but looks are deceiving
interested to find out more about the pic
Re: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime! (1358012)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 13th, 2012 @ 12:25pm CDT
Re: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime! (1358018)
Posted by necr0blivion on March 13th, 2012 @ 12:36pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Well, if they have the mold available to them, they may as well make it a new SG Prime. It's good for people who don't have SG Prime and don't want a KO of it.

I think people who want SG Prime want the Classics version; I'd rather buy (and do own) a KO of that figure than get a new version of SG Prime.

Now, if they wanted to do a Nemesis, I'd be down for it even though I'm not a big fan of the mold. With SG Ultra Magnus utilizing this mold, I just don't think another SG is necessary.
Re: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime! (1358019)
Posted by Mkall on March 13th, 2012 @ 12:41pm CDT
IgnikaMarcus wrote:I'm pretty sure Octopunch is the freebie for this year. If this is part of a souvenir set I'll be surprised.

Voyager figures aren't the freebie figs. Whichever the freebie fig will be, it'll be a deluxe figure.
Re: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime! (1358025)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 13th, 2012 @ 12:53pm CDT
I honestly believe this is fake. Octopuch looks more legit than this does.
Re: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime! (1358027)
Posted by Slick_Prime on March 13th, 2012 @ 12:56pm CDT
That Autobot symbol looks....off somehow. I'm guessing it's fake too.
Re: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime! (1358029)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 13th, 2012 @ 12:58pm CDT
To me, the tell tale sign of fake is the rubsign on the roof of the cab. Since when has BotCon reinstated them?
Re: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime! (1358032)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 13th, 2012 @ 1:00pm CDT
Another thing that gives away that it's a fake, THE RUB SIGN. If this were an actual botcon figure it wouldn't have one on the roof. Ultra Magnus doesn't have one on his roof.

Edit: ninja'd by the post above
Re: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime! (1358040)
Posted by Slick_Prime on March 13th, 2012 @ 1:16pm CDT
I better set aside $90-$160 just in case. After market prices are gonna be killer and if that is real, I don't want to be unprepared.
Re: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime! (1358043)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 13th, 2012 @ 1:24pm CDT

Although I would have preferred that this one had the logo on the hood done in the SG colors rather than white. That would at least have made it more believable.
Re: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime! (1358046)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 13th, 2012 @ 1:30pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:I don't care about the legitimacy of the thing, it's still a better paint job than the fugly black/blue/red version of the original mainstream release. I hope that whoever came up with that scheme got flogged publicly.

It's a purple Autobot logo, what more do you want? Almost all insignia for transformers have a white outline. Seriously, where have you been to not know that?
Re: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime! (1358048)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 13th, 2012 @ 1:35pm CDT
IgnikaMarcus wrote:

It's only a white outline, that's the problem. It's not filled in with a different shade of purple.
Re: Botcon 2012 - Shattered Glass G2 Prime! (1358049)
Posted by WolfDawg on March 13th, 2012 @ 1:37pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
IgnikaMarcus wrote:

Did the original SG Prime have a purple Autobot logo that was a different shade than the actual figure?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Timelines TCC TFSS 2.0 Rewind Eject - Time Remaining: 9 days 1 hour 12 minutes 54 seconds
HASBRO--TRANSFORMERS TIMELINES--FISITRON FIGURE (LOOK) CLUB EXCLUSIVE - Time Remaining: 9 days 7 hours 20 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers TFCC Club Exclusive Scourge 2013 TFSS MIB Unused - Time Remaining: 10 days 3 hours 4 minutes 36 seconds
HASBRO--TRANSFORMERS TIMELINES--CIRCUIT FIGURE (LOOK) CLUB EXCLUSIVE - Time Remaining: 10 days 5 hours 30 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Collectors Club exclusive BREAKDOWN Deluxe boxed CHUG Classics - Time Remaining: 11 days 8 hours 42 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers TFCC CLUB SUBSCRIPTION TFSS CARZAP AUTOBOT FOWARD PATROL FIGURE - Time Remaining: 13 days 38 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers 2012 Subscription Figure Circuit by Hasbro - Time Remaining: 13 days 6 hours 47 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers 2012 Subscription Figure Scourge by Hasbro - Time Remaining: 14 days 1 hour 4 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #164 - Getaway Was Right