BotCon 2013 Comic Preview Panel

Transformers News: BotCon 2013 Comic Preview Panel

Monday, May 20th, 2013 10:35AM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 17,044

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

BotCon has tweeted a preview panel from their 2013 convention exclusive Timelines comic. General Obsidian address the newly promoted City Commanders Guzzle, Dogfight, Jazz, Clamp Down, Backstreet, and Hardhead.

BotCon 2013 is just around the corner, June 27th - 30th in San Diego, CA. Check out the preview mirrored below.

BotCon 2013 Comic Preview Panel

BotCon 2013 Comic Preview Panel
Credit(s): BotCon
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2013 Comic Preview Panel (1488913)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 20th, 2013 @ 10:42am CDT
Dogfight? Backstreet? Guzzle? Red Alert? Hatdhead? As City Commander?! They must have fallen on really hard times...
Re: BotCon 2013 Comic Preview Panel (1488956)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 20th, 2013 @ 12:55pm CDT
I know this is Wings Universe, that art style feels more Marvel-esque to me.

Also, I think that's Clamp Down instead of Red Alert.
Re: BotCon 2013 Comic Preview Panel (1488959)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 20th, 2013 @ 1:13pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Also, I think that's Clamp Down instead of Red Alert.


You're right, it is Clamp Down. Blast you nigh-identical redecos!
Re: BotCon 2013 Comic Preview Panel (1488964)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 20th, 2013 @ 1:27pm CDT
Speaking of Guzzle, I wouldn't mind seeing a new version of Generation One Guzzle (no one bring up the movie-verse [Revenge of the Fallen or Hunt for the Decepticons?]) Legends Guzzle). One can never have too many tank Transformers. :x
Re: BotCon 2013 Comic Preview Panel (1488967)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 20th, 2013 @ 1:32pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Speaking of Guzzle, I wouldn't mind seeing a new version of Generation One Guzzle (no one bring up the movie-verse [Revenge of the Fallen or Hunt for the Decepticons?]) Legends Guzzle). One can never have too many tank Transformers. :x
DOTM Cyberverse Commander. ;)
Re: BotCon 2013 Comic Preview Panel (1488969)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 20th, 2013 @ 1:34pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Speaking of Guzzle, I wouldn't mind seeing a new version of Generation One Guzzle (no one bring up the movie-verse [Revenge of the Fallen or Hunt for the Decepticons?]) Legends Guzzle). One can never have too many tank Transformers. :x
DOTM Cyberverse Commander. ;)


Why was I thinking ROTF and its sister lines? #-o
Re: BotCon 2013 Comic Preview Panel (1488992)
Posted by Neurie on May 20th, 2013 @ 3:50pm CDT
Looks like a cross between Nic Roache and Geof Senoirs styles.

Certainly bet the Dan Khannas art.
Re: BotCon 2013 Comic Preview Panel (1489026)
Posted by Henry921 on May 20th, 2013 @ 6:50pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Dogfight? Backstreet? Guzzle? Red Alert? Hatdhead? As City Commander?! They must have fallen on really hard times...


Well, if Megaplex and his clone army are as powerful as the press blurb suggested, then it shouldn't come as a surprise. Obsidian and Strika are left with a bunch of C and D listers to fight after all the well known guys got killed off.

I applaud this move; it puts the focus on some characters more than a few new fans may never have even heard of.


Addendum: Perhaps a hint to other convention toys? We might see Generations Warpath redecoed into Guzzle...
Re: BotCon 2013 Comic Preview Panel (1489043)
Posted by g1grimlock on May 20th, 2013 @ 8:50pm CDT
Lines have been drawn and armies are being formed, it's only a matter of time before the battle! :D Now I am just glad that we finally got something other than artist updates, also I'm glad that the Machine Wars finally got a good story!
Re: BotCon 2013 Comic Preview Panel (1489362)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 22nd, 2013 @ 11:05am CDT
Henry921 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Dogfight? Backstreet? Guzzle? Red Alert? Hatdhead? As City Commander?! They must have fallen on really hard times...


Well, if Megaplex and his clone army are as powerful as the press blurb suggested, then it shouldn't come as a surprise. Obsidian and Strika are left with a bunch of C and D listers to fight after all the well known guys got killed off.

I applaud this move; it puts the focus on some characters more than a few new fans may never have even heard of.


Let's see, Dogfight needs Anger Management, Backstreet is a bundle of nerves and jumps to conclusions (kinda like me), Guzzle is a guzzler but otherwise a fierce fighter (he should be as a Wrecker), and Hardhead is straightforward to a fault.

They really know how to pick them :lol:

Ending Soon On eBay

~LOT of 2~  Transformers 2003 Commemorative Series V AUTOBOT TRACKS  #80682 - Time Remaining: 6 days 2 hours 51 minutes 10 seconds
SDCC 2014 Transformers Masterpiece MP-04 Autobot Prowl Hasbro TRU Exclusive - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 25 minutes 28 seconds
New NIB Takara Transformers AD22 Galvatron Age of Extinction Import Japan F/S - Time Remaining: 8 days 4 hours 1 minute 47 seconds
New Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-25 Tracks Import Japan F/S - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 16 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Movie All Spark Power Deluxe Autobot Cliffjumper Figure Red Camaro - Time Remaining: 6 days 8 hours 17 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Classic Universe Action Figure Tankor With Melee Blade RID New MOSC - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 minutes 31 seconds
Quickswitch Left Laser Rifle G1 Transformers 1988 Vintage Hasbro Action Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 23 hours 38 minutes 28 seconds
Quickswitch Right Laser Rifle G1 Transformers 1988 Vintage Hasbro Action Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 23 hours 38 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #154 - The Misfits
Twincast / Podcast #154:
"The Misfits"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, August 28th, 2016