BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives

Transformers News: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives

Saturday, June 29th, 2013 8:22PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 45,472

In addition to the official BotCon 2013 product images we posted earlier, our friends at Hasbro have also supplied us with official images of ALL of their upcoming SDCC 2013 exclusives! The Transformers sets include the Titan Guardians Action Figure Set, Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Shockwave's Laboratory, Titan Class Metroplex with G1 Toy Deco and 12 Mini Figures, and the G.I. Joe/Transformers Jetfire and Hound set. Check out all of their exclusives from all their lines below. Full gallery can be found here.

Transformers Titan Guardians action figure set: Optimus Prime ($39.99, HasbroToyShop.com or Comic-Con International booth #3329)
Featuring five classic Transformers characters — Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave and Grimlock — this set of five non-converting 6-inch-tall figures delivers classic G1 styles. (Hasbro)

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Shockwave's Laboratory ($49.99; HasbroToyShop.com or Comic-Con International booth #3329)
The evil Decepticon scientist and his cloning chamber are featured in this SDCC special edition figure set, featuring a Voyager Class Shockwave with a G1-inspired paint scheme, as well as a Commander Class Predaking figure with an Energon-infused translucent design. The toy is sold in special collectible "Laboratory" packaging based on the hit TV series. (Hasbro)

Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex SDCC Edition ($149.99, HasbroToyShop.com or Comic-Con International booth #3329)
The largest converting Transformers toy changes from robot mode to rolling battle platform mode, and also converts into an Autobot city. This special-edition version features two giant blasters, metallic coated armor, chrome foil stickers, as well as a Legends-scale Scamper figure and 12 miniature Autobot and Decepticon figures to inhabit his Autobot city mode. (Hasbro)

2013 SDCC STAR WARS BLACK SERIES Boba Fett_packaging back

Hasbro 2013 SDCC Transformers Titan Guardians_packaging1

Hasbro 2013 SDCC Transformers Titan Guardians_packaging2

Hasbro 2013 SDCC Transformers Titan Guardians_Soundwave

Hasbro 2013 SDCC Transformers Titan Guardians_Starscream

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives (1499328)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 29th, 2013 @ 8:36pm CDT
That Metroplex box is beautiful
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives (1499338)
Posted by Metrosuplex on June 29th, 2013 @ 8:50pm CDT
The packaging for some of these are pretty impressive. Those 5 TF's for example, and especially the Deadpool Tacos! :APPLAUSE:

That Metroplex looks so good in the package that it's going to be hard to open it... :shock:
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives (1499343)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2013 @ 8:58pm CDT
Even when we can barely see it, Metroplex's box art is phenomenal! :APPLAUSE:

...But still no images of those twelve minifigures that come with him? :BANG_HEAD:

Those PVCs don't even look that good, in my opinion. Revoltech and Robot Replicas pulled it off much better than these. >:oP

Shockwave and his laboratory is probably the only set here that piques my interest. Generation One-inspired deco? Move aside, Fall of Cybertron Shockwave, I've found a better Classics Shockwave! =P~ :x
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives (1499360)
Posted by Agamemnon on June 29th, 2013 @ 9:27pm CDT
Okay, I wasn't interested in much. I already preordered Metroplex from BBTS, so I guess I'll be passing on the SDCC version (though I will have time as BBTS has stated orders won't ship until Aug 1st.)

Then I saw the Deadpool Corps.

I now wish I could go to SDCC this year... :BOOM:
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives (1499382)
Posted by FortMacs on June 29th, 2013 @ 9:57pm CDT
man I got to try and get that metroplex.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives (1499421)
Posted by xyl360 on June 29th, 2013 @ 11:58pm CDT
There's a squirrel in the Deadpool Corp. Epic.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives (1499489)
Posted by Overloaded on June 30th, 2013 @ 5:22am CDT
Did someone say metroplex comes with 12 figures ?
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives (1499521)
Posted by Agamemnon on June 30th, 2013 @ 8:32am CDT
Overloaded wrote:Did someone say metroplex comes with 12 figures ?

Ya. It looks like they will be non-transforming (except for Scamper, who doesn't count as one of these 12). I haven't seen anything but speculation on who the figures are or what exactly they will look like, and I've been very interested as I will have a choice to make between SDCC and the regular release of Metroplex.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives (1499525)
Posted by DevastaTTor on June 30th, 2013 @ 9:07am CDT
Damn, I wish these were the exclusives when I went last year. Not holding my breath that I'll be able to nab Jetfife/Hound, Boba Fett, or that Metroplex on HTS. We'll see though-fingers crossed!
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives (1499526)
Posted by YRQRM0 on June 30th, 2013 @ 9:20am CDT
I would imagine the figures that come with metroplex to be those on the front of the box under his hand? Which look to be the titan gaurdians plus some I can't see.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives (1499530)
Posted by Overloaded on June 30th, 2013 @ 9:40am CDT
Agamemnon wrote:
Overloaded wrote:Did someone say metroplex comes with 12 figures ?

I was hoping for transformer able figures
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives (1499531)
Posted by Agamemnon on June 30th, 2013 @ 9:41am CDT
Overloaded wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:
Overloaded wrote:Did someone say metroplex comes with 12 figures ?

I was hoping for transformer able figures

Ya, me too. I thought they would be Legends figures.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives (1499540)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on June 30th, 2013 @ 10:01am CDT
I really like the Titan Guardians....
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives (1499554)
Posted by Stormrider on June 30th, 2013 @ 11:43am CDT
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives (1499556)
Posted by Agamemnon on June 30th, 2013 @ 11:54am CDT
Stormrider wrote:What are options to get SDCC Metroplex if not attending? Are SDCC exclusives usually available as preorders at the usual online retailers?

I think I remember seeing an SDCC exclusive at BBTS, but I'm not sure as I have not bought one there. The only way I've gotten one is through the Hasbro Toy Shop or Amazon.com (which was probably still HTS somehow.)
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives (1499559)
Posted by Overloaded on June 30th, 2013 @ 12:15pm CDT
Agamemnon wrote:

I got a few of the alternator exclusives from eBay
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives (1499568)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 30th, 2013 @ 1:31pm CDT
They all look kinda nice, but damn that 5 pack of non-transforming figures is the worst.

Look at Starscream, he doesn't look like Starscream, he looks like one of the girl cosplayers at Auto Assembly cosplaying as Starscream.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives (1499578)
Posted by frogbat on June 30th, 2013 @ 2:11pm CDT
if those 12 figures were g1 legends it would've been more appetising i'm sure. If i do splurge on a plex it'll be the standard one, the only plus point i really see of the others is the extra gun which definitely adds to his look,

here's an idea for 3rd party figure makers... release an upgrade pack for metroplex with enough guns to form sixgun and slammer.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives (1499686)
Posted by Dr Va'al on June 30th, 2013 @ 7:19pm CDT
Thanks again to the tireless work of Ryan, who is currently at BotCon, we have some nice shots of the upcoming SDCC exclusives, already revealed through their official marketing pictures. Click on any of the images below for the full gallery, or check them out here!

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Official Images of Hasbro SDCC 2013 Exclusives (1499704)
Posted by morphobots on June 30th, 2013 @ 8:09pm CDT
Damn. Metroplex box twice the size of retail = higher shipping charges (if I even manage to snag it). Mini-figures unpainted and looking like 1986 decoys. I hate to sound like an old fart, but I'm starting to wonder if this is worth the effort and expense just to get a second red gun without forking over even more money for the Takara Tomy edition.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #144 - Don't Touch That Dial