BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

Transformers News: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

Saturday, June 29th, 2013 4:45PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 36,363

Hasbro has put out several of the new Generations figures revealed during their BotCon panel from earlier this morning. Click here for the full gallery.

Deluxe:

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display (1499208)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2013 @ 4:50pm CDT
Man, Hasbro needs to print out instructions for whoever transforms those figures and puts them in their displays. :BANG_HEAD:

I'm not liking how Skids' shoulders don't appear to have an outward joint on his arms.

So it looks like the projected release for the Legends is October of this year, and the rest of 'em in January 2014.

I'm really excited for all the Generations toys revealed today! :grin: :grin: :grin:
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display (1499211)
Posted by Trikeboy on June 29th, 2013 @ 4:54pm CDT
I'm loving that Cosmos. I agree, who the hell transformed these toys? I never saw them until today and I can already tell some are mistransformed.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display (1499215)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on June 29th, 2013 @ 5:05pm CDT
Usual mistransformations for everyone.

Looks like Rhinox is wearing quite the backpack. Oh well. Suppose it has to go somewhere and better it be on his back than have massive pieces of rhino hide hanging off his waist.

And WASPINATOR! He looks incredible. I can't properly express with words how much I want him.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display (1499216)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2013 @ 5:05pm CDT
Trikeboy wrote:I never saw them until today and I can already tell some are mistransformed.

Ones I immediately caught were Waspinator's freakishly thin abdomen in robot mode, Dreadwing's droopy shoulders, Goldfire's awkward shoulder placements, Skids (nothing to even say there), Doubledealer's "I need to go potty" legs and partially untransformed tank. Looks like the only ones they got right was Rhinox and the Legends figures. >:oP
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display (1499217)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 29th, 2013 @ 5:06pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:So Doubledealer will be advertised as a Decepticon. Wonder how they'll explain the blatant Autobot badge on the tank mode. :-?

In G1 he was officially put in the Decepticon faction as well, but in fiction he's a mercenary who picks no side. Kinda weird btw as G1 Doubledealer has two "Robot Modes", a regular one for Autobot and a beast mode for Decepticon. How will they do that for this DD?
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display (1499222)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2013 @ 5:08pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Probably what's going to go down is that when he's posing as an Autobot, he uses the tank exclusively, but when he poses as a Decepticon, he uses the jet exclusively. Seems to make sense. :-?
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display (1499225)
Posted by datguy86 on June 29th, 2013 @ 5:11pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Some use of Blitzwing's face-changing gimmick may come into play. The Autobot face is what you see here, and the Decepticon face is the Autobot face with a Snively 'stache.

The third face is a kicked puppy because Hot Rod hurt his feelings.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display (1499229)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2013 @ 5:13pm CDT
datguy86 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

The third face is a kicked puppy because Hot Rod hurt his feelings.

:lol:

But in all seriousness, the head doesn't appear to support a face-changing gimmick. Fine with me: I don't like it at all anyway.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display (1499233)
Posted by Agamemnon on June 29th, 2013 @ 5:21pm CDT
I saw Thundercracker in the background there. I was hoping they would do the slight re-mold and make his tail into a Y configuration rather than the triangle of Starscream and Skywarp. It'd be cool to be WfC Game Accurate.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display (1499239)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 29th, 2013 @ 5:32pm CDT
Wonder if that Cosmos is the un-produced titanium version? Old schoolers take a look.

I like the execution on DDealer. Couple wishes. Give his wings feather looking (and totally unrealistic) paint to add to the homage and make a big cannon projectile that looks like DDs cannon of old.

Love the idea from above that he would keep the face changing gimmick go Blitzwing. Too bad it probably isn't happening.

The mistransformations are BAD. And yet I think it's an inside joke now, possibly.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display (1499256)
Posted by Convotron on June 29th, 2013 @ 6:02pm CDT
I'm very much liking that the Generations line is continuing to offer up IDW designs. Skids looks great, very close to Milne's design from the comics. I also like how BW is getting some attention. Rhinox looks good, though I hope the kibble in beast mode is due to mistransformation. Waspinator looks neat-o as well.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display (1499271)
Posted by donxavier10 on June 29th, 2013 @ 6:28pm CDT
The reveals at Botcon have so far been, at least for me, extremely underwhelming. A lot of these "new" toys are just redecos of what's already been released and not very inspired ones at that. Normally, that wouldn't bother me so much but as this is the 30th anniversary of Transformers that's coming up I kind of expected a little more of an effort in the originality department. Now, to be fair, I've just recently come back to collecting these figures in 2012 after a long hiatus (talking G1 days), so maybe this is how things work but still it seems like a weak effort on Hasbro's part. I mean how many more redecos of the Scourge mold are they going to make?????
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display (1499277)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 29th, 2013 @ 6:36pm CDT
Wow......=O just wow I want them all now!!!! Skids is so beautiful
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display (1499283)
Posted by craggy on June 29th, 2013 @ 6:54pm CDT
guess I can skip that Legends Starscream now, awesome deluxe Waspinator it is!

Skids is pretty cool too. Don't mess with him, he's a theoretician, man!

I'd really have preferred them give that repaint to Beast Hunters Predaking, so we could have had a Goldar lookalike be a bit more accurate, without the faceplate, he's not Goldbug to me, although I suspect it will at least be comic accurate, given events in the last issue.

Doubledealer is no Flywheels, but he'll do probably. If I hear that they've fixed the issues with the Blizwing mold (same as they did with Sandstorm locking together in alt mode much better than Springer).

Cosmos and Swerve will be getting bought. I hope they repaint Swerve's wee buddy to be the Groundshaker plane as well. He's perfect for that.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display (1499285)
Posted by necr0blivion on June 29th, 2013 @ 6:57pm CDT
Awesome galleries! I think Skids and Rhinox are the best looking figures out of these sets, and glad that Cosmos and Swerve are also getting a place.

Doubledealer was a surprise, but from these pictures it looks like the mold still suffers the problems with Blitzwing: nose-cone doesn't fit in properly in jet mode and shoulder doesn't pop in all the way in robot-mode. Is it too late to tell Hasbro about these issues, or do they even care?
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display (1499293)
Posted by Brakethrough on June 29th, 2013 @ 7:26pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display (1499313)
Posted by craggy on June 29th, 2013 @ 8:15pm CDT
Brakethrough wrote:Skids' legs looks sufficiently derfy. I am pleased. Who do you think he gets his inevitable repaint as? I'm betting a green or orange nod to the twins from RotF due to the name tie-in, but there's a lot of carform guys out there yet to get a character.

I think he'd make a nice Crankcase.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display (1499319)
Posted by SentinelA on June 29th, 2013 @ 8:21pm CDT
Getting them all except DoubleDealer and Goldbug
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display (1499333)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 29th, 2013 @ 8:44pm CDT
Cosmos, Swerve and Skids are insta-buys for me. Not happy that Skids isn't a bit closer to his G1 incarnation. That could have at least made him some stylized Cybertronian SUV like (Universal Studios Exclusive) Deluxe Evac but this isn't going to stop me from snagging him. DoubleDealer I'll have to think about. Just doesn't seem like DD without that huge freaking missile. That supposed Goldbug tribute can take a long drive off a short pier. Not only am I not impressed but the Geewunner in me finds it a bit insulting. The others in the line up are passes for me. Don't care about the BW figures, I already have 4 versions of Rhinox and still have my original Waspinator and don't want more of either. As for Dreadwing, I actually feel the same way about this version as I do about Goldfire. Kind of an insult to the original. They could have done better. Yeah, I know, totally irrational way to look at some of these figures but when you spend this long collecting these figures you tend to develop your own set of quirks, likes and dislikes and your own logic behind feeling the way you do about them. 29 years is a long time to get acquainted with certain characters.
Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display (1499346)
Posted by #Sideways# on June 29th, 2013 @ 9:05pm CDT
Whoa.

WHOA.

Those look flipping awesome. Like, I love that Swerve, and I can't wait to see more of Cosmos. Not to mention Waspinator! Waspy's been getting quite a bit of attention recently, eh?

Also, Doubledealer. He was backstabbing people since before Sideways! It's great to see that the has finally gained a bit of attention.